ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jets & Tebow (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266636)

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 07:12 PM

Jets & Tebow
 
So, if there is another thread on this one - sorry, didn't see it.

I think everyone expected all this to happen at some point, I'm surprised it's taken so long to be honest. Here's the thing - why trade for Tebow if you're not going to use him more than a few gimmick plays a game?

Tebow is a solid guy - great teammate and he will always give you 100%. Can you say that about Sanchez? Sure, some guys on the team don't like him - you really think they all believe in Sanchez? He just throws a bit prettier and his stats are a bit better... they're still losing.

The Jets are 3-6 ... Sanchez is barely above 50% completion with about 1900 yards, 10 TDs and 9 INTs.

Last year, Tebow passed for about 1700 yds - 12 TDs / 6 INTs - passed under 50%, but ran for another 660 yds and 6 TDs. Denver was 7-4 with him... they won a playoff game. No, it wasn't "all due to Tebow", but the kid makes things happen. Sanchez does not.

If you compare Sanchez's 9 games this year to Tebow's 11 games last year ... what's really different? As a QB - both stat lines look like puke, but Tebow adds another dimension and production on the ground and they won.

Everyone has known that Sanchez is no good --- sure, he has a place in the NFL, but it's as a backup. The Jets have injury issues and nothing to work with on offense. Sanchez was mediocre with good talent around him, now they stink.

Why not put Tebow in more ... why not let him start a game? The Jets aren't going anywhere... put him in and try to fix your QB spot in the offseason, neither is a long-term fix.

Split the QB duty, get creative... doing the same ol' thing isn't working.

Is Tebow a great passing QB? No, but he can be effective - we all saw that last year. Can lightning strike twice with him? I doubt it, but who knows - why not try. Losing sucks, so if they keep losing - what is really lost by making the switch? Sanchez isn't going to turn things around - their team is miserable.

I say... go with Tebow, why not? See if he can do something... you really just never know.

notorious 11-14-2012 07:14 PM

I am a friend of someone related to a player on the Jets. This friend has sat in on practices dating back to last year.


He said Sanchez was a goof-off that didn't appear to take the job seriously. Inside info FWIW.

Sorter 11-14-2012 07:14 PM

Nobody gives a flying **** about Tim Tebow on this board except for you Donks fans.

Nobody.

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119482)
Nobody gives a flying **** about Tim Tebow on this board except for you Donks fans.

Nobody.

It's really more of a general football topic, if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you - just keep on moving along. My posting on the topic has nothing to do with the fact he played for Denver last year.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 07:18 PM

I said tebow would replace Sanchez this season. Milkman threw a fit saying no way.

Discuss Thrower 11-14-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119485)
It's really more of a general football topic, if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you - just keep on moving along.

Here's the thing: it's bullshit. Astroturf.

Fake.

Tebow is a "general football topic" because ESPN has decided he is such a thing.

He's not.

His flaws are well documented just as much as his positive character is. He's a non story and not worth the bandwidth discussing.

BIG_DADDY 11-14-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9119493)
Here's the thing: it's bullshit. Astroturf.

Fake.

Tebow is a "general football topic" because ESPN has decided he is such a thing.

He's not.

His flaws are well documented just as much as his positive character is. He's a non story and not worth the bandwidth discussing.

LMAO Wait till they play him. LMAO

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 07:20 PM

Players on the team say he is "terrible". Was in the Daily News today. Or the Post, IDK which.

Edit: Here we go. It was the News. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2876--nfl.html

Mile High Mania 11-14-2012 07:25 PM

Nobody says "he's great"...

I know this, a team and a city rallied around him last year and the team improved. Why not try it again?

Marcellus 11-14-2012 07:26 PM

I think the subject is relevant simply due to the fact that what was going to happen was as obvious as the nose on Jerry Seinfeld's face.

First off why trade for Tebow, it was a dumbass idea.

Then Sanchez was going to suck and the press and fans were going to be screaming for Tebow.

Ryan and that dumbass GM are both screwed Pioli style and are going down with the ship.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9119496)
LMAO Wait till they play him. LMAO

Kinda what I was thinking, somehow he will find a way to make that team win.

I agree with his mechanics and all, the long windup, the boy has won everywhere he has played.

Not a Tebow lover, just looking at reality, for everything he is not, a winner is one thing he is.

Bowser 11-14-2012 07:29 PM

Elway bombed the Jets back to the stoneage with that trade.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9119515)
I think the subject is relevant simply due to the fact that what was going to happen was as obvious as the nose on Jerry Seinfeld's face.

First off why trade for Tebow, it was a dumbass idea.

Then Sanchez was going to suck and the press and fans were going to be screaming for Tebow.

Ryan and that dumbass GM are both screwed Pioli style and are going down with the ship.

I never understood the trade, Jacksonville was the logical choice.

Sorter 11-14-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9119521)
Elway bombed the Jets back to the stoneage with that trade.

LMAOLMAO

cdcox 11-14-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9119511)
Nobody says "he's great"...

I know this, a team and a city rallied around him last year and the team improved. Why not try it again?

Because he won't be great. You don't start a new QB unless he has the potential to be great. If he turns out mediocre, you are stuck with him for years and it sets your franchise backwards.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.