ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Obama gives $6 Billion for Sustainable Energy. Only its in Asia (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266894)

HonestChieffan 11-20-2012 07:40 PM

Obama gives $6 Billion for Sustainable Energy. Only its in Asia
 
What could we do with $6 Billion here at home? I guess we give billions to losers and if we have a winner we pay somebody to buy whatever it is so we can say we won. Bullshit.


(CNSNews.com) – The White House announced the federal government will spend $6 billion over four years for a “sustainable energy future” plan with Asian countries that involves loaning tax dollars to other countries to increase their purchasing power for U.S. technology, services and equipment.

“Recognizing that energy and the environment are among the most pressing issues confronting our region, President Obama, in partnership with Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei and President of the Republic of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, today proposed the U.S.-Asia Pacific Comprehensive Partnership for a Sustainable Energy Future,” the White House announced Tuesday as Obama visits Asian Pacific countries.

The initiative comes after the Obama administration has been criticized for spending billions to subsidize U.S.-based green energy companies that went on to declare bankruptcy, including Solyndra, Ener1, A123, Beacon Power and other failed renewable energy ventures.

BucEyedPea 11-20-2012 07:45 PM

Obama is an international socialist using American taxpayer money and debt to redistribute it to the world.

Dayze 11-20-2012 08:33 PM

Insane

BigMeatballDave 11-20-2012 08:54 PM

It's not like that could be used on education here.

Munson 11-20-2012 09:25 PM

Just think of all the roads and bridges he could've built here with that $6 billion.

Shaid 11-20-2012 09:31 PM

First off, it says loan, not give. Secondly, it's so they can buy US technology which would help our economy. I'm not seeing a lot of bad here.

Taco John 11-20-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 9138044)
First off, it says loan, not give. Secondly, it's so they can buy US technology which would help our economy. I'm not seeing a lot of bad here.

Who could argue against loaning taxpayer dollars to chinese businesses to buy US technology that we can't sell at home? Obama has got to get something for all the bad investments his government has made in failed alternative energy programs, right?

Shaid 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9138063)
Who could argue against loaning taxpayer dollars to chinese businesses to buy US technology that we can't sell at home? Obama has got to get something for all the bad investments his government has made in failed alternative energy programs, right?

Well, since they have to pay back a loan and they have to buy from US companies I can't see the bad.

I also have to argue that it is absolutely worth investing in alternative energy technology. I don't understand how so many people are against it. Oil is going to run out eventually. Do we wait until prices are even more insane before people start converting? Wouldn't it be nice to slowly make that transition instead of all at once? How bad would it cripple our economy if we don't prepare early? I for one would like to get ahead of the game.

How many billions do we give (not loan, give!) to oil companies each year as subsidies when they are making record profits? We are complaining about a 6 million dollar loan that they have to pay back that could help advance alternative energy technology? Insane.

HonestChieffan 11-20-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 9138101)
Well, since they have to pay back a loan and they have to buy from US companies I can't see the bad.

I also have to argue that it is absolutely worth investing in alternative energy technology. I don't understand how so many people are against it. Oil is going to run out eventually. Do we wait until prices are even more insane before people start converting? Wouldn't it be nice to slowly make that transition instead of all at once? How bad would it cripple our economy if we don't prepare early? I for one would like to get ahead of the game.

How many billions do we give (not loan, give!) to oil companies each year as subsidies when they are making record profits? We are complaining about a 6 million dollar loan that they have to pay back that could help advance alternative energy technology? Insane.


We are ****ing broke.

listopencil 11-21-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 9138101)
We are complaining about a 6 million dollar loan ...

Billion.

La literatura 11-21-2012 12:10 AM

Nice!

(misleading thread title, by the way)

Shaid 11-21-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9138448)
Billion.

ok, you're right, Billion. Just take the oil company subsidies and use them for this loan. We get the money back instead of giving it to the oil companies and we sell American technology which helps us and hopefully leads towards smarter alternative technology. Ultimately it costs us nothing. Win/win scenario.

Also it'd be nice to see China owe us instead of the other way around for once.

BossChief 11-21-2012 12:19 AM

If we find sustainable ways to do away with buying so much crude, that 6 billion will be akin to the change in the couch.

Shaid 11-21-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9138473)
If we find sustainable ways to do away with buying so much crude, that 6 billion will be akin to the change in the couch.

Exactly. How much would it cut business costs if a cheap alternative energy was able to be implemented. It would be a huge economic boom. I don't like spending money either but we have to be future sighted. Lead the way or fall behind. The America I know leads the way.

Taco John 11-21-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 9138466)
ok, you're right, Billion. Just take the oil company subsidies and use them for this loan. We get the money back instead of giving it to the oil companies and we sell American technology which helps us and hopefully leads towards smarter alternative technology. Ultimately it costs us nothing. Win/win scenario.

Also it'd be nice to see China owe us instead of the other way around for once.



I got a better idea. Cut taxes, and let the people keep the money that Obama "lent" to the energy companies, and is now having to loan to Chinese companies to try and recoup the costs of the money that he originally "lent" to the energy companies.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.