ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Google Nexus vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266920)

Fried Meat Ball! 11-21-2012 10:35 AM

Google Nexus vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
 
I'm in the market for the wife... she says she wants the Galaxy, but seriously truth be told, she doesn't care.

We're only going WiFi on either one, so the Nexus' lack of cellular antenna isn't a breaking point.

As far as I can tell, there are some pros for each, so I'm just struggling a little.

Nexus has better display, better processor. Android 4.1. Better battery.

Galaxy has expandable memory, better WiFi (I hear), Bluetooth. Proprietary charger. Android 4.0.

ArrowheadHawk 11-21-2012 10:42 AM

I'm buying the 7" galaxy for $99 at Verizon on Friday

Mojo Rising 11-21-2012 10:58 AM

I have never found expandable storage important on the tablet. I have all of my music on my phone which is alsways with me.

The Nexus will receive Android updates faster. Samsung is notoriously slow. You would also have a more pure Android interface onthe Nexus if you don't like Touchwiz.

Fat Elvis 11-21-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9139349)
I'm buying the 7" galaxy for $99 at Verizon on Friday

I see it is the 4g lte model; do you have to have a plan with it?

Fried Meat Ball! 11-21-2012 11:32 AM

Walmart has the Nexus 7 32GB version for $249.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nex...-1B32/21907347

Guru 11-22-2012 12:13 AM

Walmart also has the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for $179

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Ga...ndingMethod=rr

My daughter wants a tablet or a 3ds XL this year. Trying to decide between the two.

Mr. Laz 11-22-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9139349)
I'm buying the 7" galaxy for $99 at Verizon on Friday

isn't that the phone?

Mr. Laz 11-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9139433)
Walmart has the Nexus 7 32GB version for $249.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nex...-1B32/21907347

i'm tempted ... still hoping i can get a sale/coupon/discount that takes it down to $219 or so before Christmas.

Fat Elvis 11-22-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9140849)
Walmart also has the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for $179

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-Ga...ndingMethod=rr

My daughter wants a tablet or a 3ds XL this year. Trying to decide between the two.

Go with a tablet.

KCFalcon59 11-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9141451)
i'm tempted ... still hoping i can get a sale/coupon/discount that takes it down to $219 or so before Christmas.

Office Depot has it for $229 in store. May be able to find a coupon to go along with it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.