ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Morehead State coach Sean Woods pushes player to tears with bench outburst (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266950)

KC Tattoo 11-22-2012 10:05 AM

Morehead State coach Sean Woods pushes player to tears with bench outburst
 
Morehead State coach Sean Woods pushes player to tears with bench outburst
Rob Dauster
Nov 21, 2012, 11:14 PM EST
2 Comments
Getty Images
I donít know the story behind the relationship that Morehead State head coach Sean Woods has with anyone on his team.

And frankly, I donít care about it.

For all I know, Devon Atkinson could be the biggest pain in the you know what that Woods has ever coached. He could talk back. He could curse out his coach. He might kick puppies. He could even use the last of the milk in his morning cereal and put the empty carton back into the fridge.

I donít know. And neither do you.

Which is why Woodsí reaction on the bench during Morehead Stateís 81-70 loss to is so problematic.

FOR VIDEO: Click here.

If you havenít seen it yet, Woods nearly reduced Atkinson to tears on Wednesday night. During a timeout at the 5:51 mark, Woods shoved Atkinson towards the team huddle and then twice went nose-to-nose with the player, screaming at him.

Personally, I donít have a huge issue with this. Did Woods go too far here? Probably, yes. Is Woods a guy that I would want to play for? No. Would it be the style that I coached in? Probably not. But this Morehead State team is one that thrives on hustle and energy, and itís not crazy to think that they thrive on their fiery head coach for that. Every athlete has, at some point in their life, played for a Ďscreamerí. You deal with it.

The bigger issue is that this is going to be the topic of conversation coming out of this game. Case in point: this post. Iím 250 words into the post, and Iím just now mentioning the fact that for 30 minutes on Wednesday night, Morehead State took it to Kentucky in Rupp. It was a sensational performance that included a 16-0 run in the first half. The Eagles werenít able to hold on to complete the upset, but thatís expected.

Theyíre Morehead State.

And they were playing Kentucky.

But their performance was admirable, to say the least.

And itís going to get buried by the mountain of criticism that Woods will receive because he pushed a player to the brink of tears on the bench.

--
Q? They sure are going off on this on ESPN & Mike & Mike. I didn't see another thread but they were slamming that coach.

KC Tattoo 11-22-2012 10:06 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i--2Vx9uo1Q?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

phisherman 11-22-2012 10:11 AM

The fact that this is even a problem is a f**king joke. Coaches can't yell at players anymore?

Honestly, put a reporter and a video camera at any high school football practice during the summer and you'll see FAR WORSE. I mean, way worse.

Brock 11-22-2012 10:17 AM

When did football coaches being maniacal assholes become unacceptable?

KC Tattoo 11-22-2012 10:17 AM

He can sit there and pout our coaches did the same on the high school level too. ESPN just made a big whoopty **** a doo about it is why I made the thread.

Pasta Giant Meatball 11-22-2012 10:19 AM

Huhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh Morehead

JASONSAUTO 11-22-2012 10:19 AM

Sorry but you can't push a player. At that point its a problem
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 10:20 AM

no yelling in fantasy football.

lcarus 11-22-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9141294)
Sorry but you can't push a player. At that point its a problem
Posted via Mobile Device

That wasn't much of a push. It's more like he swept him towards the bench, almost looked like he was trying to pat his ass like coaches and players do sometimes. I don't think it's a big deal. What I wanna know is why he was so angry at the player.

seclark 11-22-2012 10:22 AM

bobby knight laughs.
sec

JASONSAUTO 11-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9141302)
That wasn't much of a push. It's more like he swept him towards the bench, almost looked like he was trying to pat his ass like coaches and players do sometimes. I don't think it's a big deal. What I wanna know is why he was so angry at the player.

it was a push. the Amer is what convinces me of it. At that point he can't put his hands on a player. if that was my kid we would have had problems, probably right than and there.

Hell me at that age definitely would have punched that ****er, but I have tried to teach my children better than that... Just let Dad handle the stupid idiots.
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus 11-22-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9141307)
it was a push. the Amer is what convinces me of it. At that point he can't put his hands on a player. if that was my kid we would have had problems, probably right than and there.

Hell me at that age definitely would have punched that ****er, but I have tried to teach my children better than that... Just let Dad handle the stupid idiots.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah it was a push, just not much of one. He shouldn't do it, but these things happen from time to time. Didn't Bobby Knight strangle a player?

JASONSAUTO 11-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9141318)
Oh yeah it was a push, just not much of one. He shouldn't do it, but these things happen from time to time. Didn't Bobby Knight strangle a player?

Didn't Bobby knight get fired for putting his hands on a Player?
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO 11-22-2012 10:31 AM

It should never happen. Coaches should never put their hands on a player when angry.

That's like beating your wife and saying "it wasn't much of a shot"
Posted via Mobile Device

Lonewolf Ed 11-22-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9141276)
The fact that this is even a problem is a f**king joke. Coaches can't yell at players anymore?

Honestly, put a reporter and a video camera at any high school football practice during the summer and you'll see FAR WORSE. I mean, way worse.

But, but, but... what about the poor darlings' self esteem? He cried all of his out all over the bench! :deevee:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.