ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trent Green: "Chiefs play nearly PERFECT football and still almost lose" (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267387)

scho63 12-05-2012 09:12 AM

Trent Green: "Chiefs play nearly PERFECT football and still almost lose"
 
I was listening to an 810 podcast and Trent Green brought up a great point.

The Chiefs had ZERO turnovers and only ONE late delay of game stupid 5 yd penalty. In addition Quinn had the highest QBR of any Chiefs QB in 5 years and yet we still only won by 6 points to a team with 3 wins at home. Newton had the chance to drive late and beat us.

He said if the Patriots played this perfectly in a game they would be up 45-3.

J Diddy 12-05-2012 09:15 AM

Everybody talks of this perfection, but it wasn't a perfect game by any means. The defense was lackluster to say the least.

MahiMike 12-05-2012 09:16 AM

Trent Green for head Coach!

loochy 12-05-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9182314)
Everybody talks of this perfection, but it wasn't a perfect game by any means. The defense was lackluster to say the least.

yeah, the definition of "perfect" around these parts has definitely slipped.

scott free 12-05-2012 09:21 AM

For once, its on the defense.

I wont blame them for having a letdown game, even the bad effort was enough to win.

InChiefsHell 12-05-2012 09:25 AM

It's really true though. Our BEST game results in a mediocre win...this team is STILL lost people. Quinn ain't the solution though I'm certain that there will be those who think he's finally "getting it" and we don't need to draft a QBOTF. They are not better, they just had a lot of emotion and barely beat one of the other shitty teams in the NFL.

If this was Trent Green's Chiefs, it would have been 35-10 Chiefs at the half.

BJ2K 12-05-2012 09:31 AM

I was thinking this too. It seems as if there is a threshold on how good of a game we could have. If the offense does better, it always seems like it's taking some of the "good" away from the defense.

I think we're just cursed.

Chief Roundup 12-05-2012 09:35 AM

The "perfect" stuff comes from No turnovers and No penalties. The only penalty of the game was a delay taken on purpose to run time off the clock.

Chiefnj2 12-05-2012 09:45 AM

How many defenses play well when 3rd stringers are in the secondary?

DaWolf 12-05-2012 09:47 AM

I heard Petro say this as well and I think it is a poorly formulated point about the game. I mean how do we know that Carolina also didn't play one of their best games of the year? They were 6-10 on 3rd downs, averaged 7.5 yards per rush and 8.1 yards per pass, and had no turnovers.

In the end, two bad teams played excellent football on one day. If either team plays that way throughout the year, they'd be going to the playoffs. So to make the point that the Chiefs played great but still barely won is silly in my opinion, because it assumes that Carolina played the crappy game that their record indicates they should have played...

notorious 12-05-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9182327)
It's really true though. Our BEST game results in a mediocre win...this team is STILL lost people. Quinn ain't the solution though I'm certain that there will be those who think he's finally "getting it" and we don't need to draft a QBOTF. They are not better, they just had a lot of emotion and barely beat one of the other shitty teams in the NFL.

If this was Trent Green's Chiefs, it would have been 35-10 Chiefs at the half.

This.


A very good game by this team is barely a win.

58-4ever 12-05-2012 09:54 AM

We certainly didn't kill ourselves. Wait....

BJ2K 12-05-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9182373)
I heard Petro say this as well and I think it is a poorly formulated point about the game. I mean how do we know that Carolina also didn't play one of their best games of the year? They were 6-10 on 3rd downs, averaged 7.5 yards per rush and 8.1 yards per pass, and had no turnovers.

In the end, two bad teams played excellent football on one day. If either team plays that way throughout the year, they'd be going to the playoffs. So to make the point that the Chiefs played great but still barely won is silly in my opinion, because it assumes that Carolina played the crappy game that their record indicates they should have played...

This seems like a reasonable solution.

dj56dt58 12-05-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9182327)
It's really true though. Our BEST game results in a mediocre win...this team is STILL lost people. Quinn ain't the solution though I'm certain that there will be those who think he's finally "getting it" and we don't need to draft a QBOTF. They are not better, they just had a lot of emotion and barely beat one of the other shitty teams in the NFL.

If this was Trent Green's Chiefs, it would have been 35-31 Chiefs at the half.

FYP

Agent V 12-05-2012 10:01 AM

Oh, Trent. Come back. :(


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.