ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections DeMint fixing to make a presidential run? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267424)

Taco John 12-06-2012 10:44 AM

DeMint fixing to make a presidential run?
 
DeMint To Leave Congress

By National Journal Staff
Updated: December 6, 2012 | 10:49 a.m.
December 6, 2012 | 10:36 a.m.

Sen. Jim DeMint will leave Capitol Hill to head the Heritage Foundation in January, his office said on Thursday.

The South Carolina senator has been a leading conservative voice and fundraiser for conservative candidates.

As of Oct. 17, DeMint's leadership PAC, the Senate Conservatives Fund, had raised nearly $14 million for candidates.

The new job shifts DeMint from the political arena to the policy world. The Heritage Foundation is a think tank that studies, proposes and promotes conservative public policies.

He told the Wall Street Journal he sees the move as a way to better communicate conservative ideas to the broader public. "We want to figure out what works at the state and local level" and give that national attention, he said.

DeMint, 61, was re-elected in 2010 and has said he would not seek a third term in 2016.

http://www.nationaljournal.com//cong...gress-20121206

oldandslow 12-06-2012 01:19 PM

worked wonderfully for Ms Palin.

HolyHandgernade 12-06-2012 02:07 PM

Calling the Heritage Foundation a "think tank" is like calling the internet message boards "fact based".

BucEyedPea 12-06-2012 02:10 PM

Heritage is NeoCon. I would rather DeMint remained as a Senator. He was one that was gracious to Ron Paul.

Dave Lane 12-06-2012 02:56 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9185674)
Heritage is NeoCon. I would rather DeMint remained as a Senator. He was one that was gracious to Ron Paul.


gblowfish 12-06-2012 04:11 PM

Nah, he just left for more money.

cosmo20002 12-06-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9185095)
DeMint To Leave Congress

By National Journal Staff
Updated: December 6, 2012 | 10:49 a.m.
December 6, 2012 | 10:36 a.m.

Sen. Jim DeMint will leave Capitol Hill to head the Heritage Foundation in January, his office said on Thursday.

The South Carolina senator has been a leading conservative voice and fundraiser for conservative candidates.

As of Oct. 17, DeMint's leadership PAC, the Senate Conservatives Fund, had raised nearly $14 million for candidates.

The new job shifts DeMint from the political arena to the policy world. The Heritage Foundation is a think tank that studies, proposes and promotes conservative public policies.

He told the Wall Street Journal he sees the move as a way to better communicate conservative ideas to the broader public. "We want to figure out what works at the state and local level" and give that national attention, he said.

DeMint, 61, was re-elected in 2010 and has said he would not seek a third term in 2016.

http://www.nationaljournal.com//cong...gress-20121206

What a dick. He ran for election. People made the effort to support him and vote for him. And then he quits after 2 years. A-hole.

mnchiefsguy 12-08-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9186211)
What a dick. He ran for election. People made the effort to support him and vote for him. And then he quits after 2 years. A-hole.

So is Obama an a-hole too for not finishing his Senate term since he decided to run for President? You are a short-sided fool.

patteeu 12-08-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9185666)
Calling the Heritage Foundation a "think tank" is like calling the internet message boards "fact based".

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

RedNeckRaider 12-08-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9189495)
So is Obama an a-hole too for not finishing his Senate term since he decided to run for President? You are a short-sided fool.

LMAO

Ace Gunner 12-08-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9189495)
So is Obama an a-hole too for not finishing his Senate term since he decided to run for President? You are a short-sided fool.

what does "short-sided" mean? Is it similar to "short sighted". Just wondering.

Ace Gunner 12-08-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9189500)
That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

calling one's belief & ethics based solely in christianity "conservative" is ignorant.

patteeu 12-08-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9189673)
calling one's belief & ethics based solely in christianity "conservative" is ignorant.

Ok, is that related to the thread in some way?

Aries Walker 12-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9189495)
So is Obama an a-hole too for not finishing his Senate term since he decided to run for President? You are a short-sided fool.

Obama vacated his Senate seat after he was elected President, to take the higher position. That's a big difference from someone who just leaves mid-term with no other elected position to go to, or even to run for.

It appears the "short-sided" one here is you.

Aries Walker 12-08-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9189500)
That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Agreed.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.