ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You scared? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267541)

Phobia 12-10-2012 03:44 PM

You scared?
 
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of another seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for another decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

Anybody have any reason for optimism in 2013 and 2014? I know high first round draft picks are reason for optimism but the bust rate for quarterbacks is higher than defensive linemen and we all know how we've fared selecting early defensive linemen.

MIAdragon 12-10-2012 03:46 PM

Beginning!?

Count Alex's Losses 12-10-2012 03:46 PM

Geno will save us.

Lprechaun 12-10-2012 03:46 PM

Every season I come back with hope. Colts did it, some of our players truly are talented, just need the right direction. Foundation players arent there but when a new regime comes in I think the whole atmosphere if it goes back to accountability and responsibility will result in a team on the upswing.

Rain Man 12-10-2012 03:47 PM

1999 Rams, my friend. 1999 Rams.

All this league requires any more is quarterbacks. If I was the GM, my roster would contain 52 quarterbacks and a center, and I would have a dynasty. Any team can win it all if they get a top quarterback.

Phobia 12-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9197147)
Beginning!?

Fair point. I should have chosen a better word.

Strongside 12-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9197139)
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of a seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for a decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

Anybody have any reason for optimism in 2013 and 2014? I know high first round draft picks are reason for optimism but the bust rate for quarterbacks is higher than defensive linemen and we all know how we've fared selecting early defensive linemen.

I'm going all in on the Royals at this point. The Chiefs will be the furthest thing from my mind until the weeks leading up to the draft.

ptlyon 12-10-2012 03:47 PM

Dry spell? Where you been since 1969 Phobs???

something cooler 12-10-2012 03:47 PM

Maybe we'll have an exciting offseason.

Rain Man 12-10-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9197147)
Beginning!?

I actually checked the date of the post, because I assumed it was from 1972.

kcfanXIII 12-10-2012 03:48 PM

if your 10 year dry spell is retroactive, we should almost be done with it right? i mean, the team has pretty much sucked balls every year since 2003, except a couple teams that were able to slip into the post season, only to be exposed as the frauds they were. do you still watch more than 3 games a year?

ChiTown 12-10-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9197154)
Dry spell? Where you been since 1970 Phobs???

Fixed It

THIS

and yes, I'm old as shit

MIAdragon 12-10-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9197156)
I actually checked the date of the post, because I assumed it was from 1972.

LMAO

SNR 12-10-2012 03:49 PM

I always have optimism for change. Especially when it's the kind of broad sweeping change we're about to see. New guys at ALL of the important franchise positions.

I think if we hit the bullseye on any one of the GM, HC, or QBs we acquire, the franchise will at the very least start winning games again. 7-9s and 8-8s. If we hit on two of them, we're challenging for the division. If we nail all three, then we've successfully obtained what all the other great teams have around the league, and can start seriously doing some damage.

If we hire another Pioli, however, who then hires another Haley/Romeo and drafts/trades for a Matt Cassel and becomes irrationally attached to the turd, then we're doomed like you say.

Sorter 12-10-2012 03:50 PM

http://i.imgur.com/m00lr.gif


http://i.imgur.com/7v9iW.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.