ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Baseball: Hamilton signs with Angels? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267640)

chop 12-13-2012 12:45 PM

Baseball: Hamilton signs with Angels?
 
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/l...t-stove-121312

The Los Angeles Angels are in agreement on a five-year contract with free agent outfielder Josh Hamilton, major-league sources told FOXSports.com.

HOT STOVE

Our experts bring you all latest offseason news. Read MLB Buzz.


Joe McDonnell of FOX Sports West first reported the sides were in serious talks Thursday, as the Angels are shocked the baseball industry by signing away a superstar from the rival Texas Rangers.
Hamilton becomes the second elite hitter to join Angels in as many offseasons. Albert Pujols left the Cardinals to sign a 10-year, $240 million deal with the Angels a little more than one year ago.
The next question is how the Angels would arrange their lineup around Hamilton. If Hamilton plays left field alongside phenom Mike Trout, the Angels would need to move Mark Trumbo to third base or right field. If Trumbo stays in the outfield, that would mean reduced playing time for Vernon Wells and Peter Bourjos.
Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto also could trade designated hitter Kendrys Morales to open up DH at-bats for Wells and Hamilton.
One way or another, the Angels are responding to their third-place disappointment of 2012 with one of the more startling moves in recent baseball history.

That is a scary lineup.

Pasta Giant Meatball 12-13-2012 12:47 PM

crazy

sd4chiefs 12-13-2012 12:48 PM

They should change thier name to the Los Angeles Yangees.

Chief_For_Life58 12-13-2012 12:53 PM

that would be a crazy lineup

something cooler 12-13-2012 12:58 PM

They really have stolen the Yankees play book.

something cooler 12-13-2012 12:58 PM

oh and baseball sucks for this

HemiEd 12-13-2012 01:05 PM

So does this mean that David Glass will enjoy the benefits of some "luxury tax" dividends, or do they still have that?

Prison Bitch 12-13-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9205268)
So does this mean that David Glass will enjoy the benefits of some "luxury tax" dividends, or do they still have that?

They do. He earns about 40m of his 160m in total revenues via the welfare state. Er, "revenue sharing"

jd1020 12-13-2012 01:11 PM

Maybe with this signing they'll actually make the playoffs next year. Or they could become the MLB's version of the Lakers.

HemiEd 12-13-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9205274)
They do. He earns about 40m of his 160m in total revenues via the welfare state. Er, "revenue sharing"

Cool, maybe he can afford getting the payroll to 80+ this season.

DJ's left nut 12-13-2012 01:59 PM

Carlota will be here shortly to excoriate me for once again accusing Arte Moreno of having to go out and buy a new shiny bauble to keep the shitty Angels fans paying attention.

And they'll do it again next year, and the year after, and the year after. This is what Arte has to do out there to keep from fading into obscurity. The team has the most electric ballplayer in baseball on it (here's a hint: it's not the aging 1b) and yet Moreno had no choice but to make this move to keep from just disappearing from the LA papers altogether.

Look at the shiny thing, Carlota! Here it is, girl! Here it is! Good girl....

SPchief 12-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9205460)
Carlota will be here shortly to excoriate me for once again accusing Arte Moreno of having to go out and buy a new shiny bauble to keep the shitty Angels fans paying attention.

And they'll do it again next year, and the year after, and the year after. This is what Arte has to do out there to keep from fading into obscurity. The team has the most electric ballplayer in baseball on it (here's a hint: it's not the aging 1b) and yet Moreno had no choice but to make this move to keep from just disappearing from the LA papers altogether.

Look at the shiny thing, Carlota! Here it is, girl! Here it is! Good girl....

LMAO

Dayze 12-13-2012 02:29 PM

All right Hamilton!
http://www.blogsmithcdn.com/avatar/i...1206727_50.jpg

Molitoth 12-13-2012 02:32 PM

NO SALARY CAP IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:


Baseball is almost irrelevant.

Cephalic Trauma 12-13-2012 02:34 PM

I'm Ron Burgandy?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.