ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFF late night bullshit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267787)

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:24 AM

PFF late night bullshit

Interesting game.

The whole OL sucked. Only Asamoah had a positive grade. Winston led the team in pressures allowed.

Jon Baldween got himself a huge amount of snaps, 48, with 37 pass. He was targeted 4 times for 0 catches. :LOL:

The D was a mixed bag. Tyson Jackson did nothing, as expected, in his 23 rushes. Further proof that his "improvement" was a mirage.

Most of the D was pretty awful. Poe did nothing in 68 snaps. DJ and Hali sucked. Brandon Siler did have a pretty nice game with a +0.9 and 4 stops, which is good for him.

But there was one bright spot.

Eric Berry had a monster +5.7 game, which happens only a few times a season at most positions. He made 7 stops, which is a lot. He was also targeted in coverage just twice, allowing 1 catch for 7 yards.

We lost the game and saw further proof that Berry is getting back to where he needs to be. I'm pretty happy.

Interesting season note: Berry is 2nd in the NFL in stops for safeties. I think you'll see him back at SS this year. He's done a good job in run defense.

Before anyone whines: a stop is defined thusly.

Quote:

It’s when an offense fails to get:

40 percent of the required yards for another first down on first down
60 percent of the required yards for a first down on second down
A first down on third or fourth down

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:28 AM

Here's a great statistic:

Brady Quinn is the 2nd worst deep ball thrower in the league this year. He's 2 for 15 over 20 yards. Ryan Lindley is #1 (worst).

Cassel was 11 for 36, FYI.

Hootie 12-18-2012 12:29 AM

I noticed Berry all over the field for the...yep, first time all year.

So that was nice.

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 12:29 AM

Good thing theres only 2 games left the defense could single handily win a game with Hali, Houston, and Berry.

KCFalcon59 12-18-2012 12:31 AM

Cassel needs more snaps?????

j/k

Chiefspants 12-18-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220143)

Cassel was 11 for 36, FYI.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0rav8I0C1rvc1g2.gif

Not bad.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9220145)
Good thing theres only 2 games left the defense could single handily win a game with Hali, Houston, and Berry.

I'm actually slightly concerned, because the Colts have the worst pass blocking line in football.

Which is another argument for QB, btw.

RunKC 12-18-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220150)
I'm actually slightly concerned, because the Colts have the worst pass blocking line in football.

Which is another argument for QB, btw.

Not worried. We're playing Peyton Manning and the anointed Peyton Manning part deux.

Oh and did I mention we can't score? lola

tk13 12-18-2012 12:42 AM

The Colts have laid some real eggs on the road too. They're allowing something like 31 points/game on the road. Most of their wins have literally been by 3-4 points. They have one blowout victory, but it was against Jacksonville. So there's that. Then again, they were also one of Jacksonville's two wins.

That's why they're 9-5, probably in the playoffs... yet they've been outscored by about 50 points on the season.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:44 AM

Indy is giving up 4.8 YPC.

Hold me.

Chiefspants 12-18-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9220177)
Indy is giving up 4.8 YPC.

Hold me.

How was the Raiders D in that regard?

RunKC 12-18-2012 12:50 AM

Lolz the Chiefs can't score on the worst defense in the league and you guys are scared of them beating Indy?

Charles is the only hope we have of scoring a point and Indy is going to put 9 in the box to stop him.

Dante84 12-18-2012 12:52 AM

Wish they did CFF so those of us who fap so hard come draft time had those badass stats to go off of for the college kids.

Love PFF.

MagicHef 12-18-2012 12:53 AM

I have a ranking system that uses the number of points a team scores/allows compared to what the team they are playing allows/scores on average. It's been pretty successful in predicting wins and losses so far, and it gets more accurate as the season goes on, as there is more data.

It has you guys beating Indy.

cdcox 12-18-2012 12:53 AM

Yeah, Indy is very beatable. They will be something like a 53% favorite to win according to AdvancedNFLStats.com.

Their W-L record is way above their Pythagorean wins (record is better than expected based on their point differential).

Hopefully part of Romeo's deal with Clark for a soft landing is that we don't go too far out of our way to win any of the remaining games.

This is a trap game in the Geno race. I just want this season to be over with us on the clock.