ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Let's Research Fast and Furious (Obama's gun walking scandal) (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267789)

Taco John 12-18-2012 01:57 AM

Let's Research Fast and Furious (Obama's gun walking scandal)
 
We don't actually have to do too much research. It's all pretty well already out there and the left doesn't seem to care when it's brown people being shot.

But for those who are finding it in fashion to talk about gun violence, here is the basic run down of this scandal:

"Operation Fast and Furious - A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher echelons of Mexican drug cartels. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, has lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which have been linked to crimes, including the fatal shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010."

Here is the entire book of coverage that the LA Times put together:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...0.storygallery


Make no mistake, if this was an operation that blew up in the face of a Republican, there would be hearing after hearing and likely even impeachment proceedings. It seems kind of hypocritical that when Obama gets caught presiding over the execution of an operation that sells guns to violent drug smugglers (and the guns get traced to horrific murders that include American agents), nobody cares.

I wouldn't mind so much about the left politically capitalizing on the deaths of these kids if they were consistent in their approach to capitalization. But when we have the commander in Chief who sold the guns to violent drug offenders getting on a memorial stage and declaring that something has to be done or we're all small people - that's a bit much to take.

Edit: Here's the wikipedia link to the Obama Gunwalking Scandal -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

J Diddy 12-18-2012 02:04 AM

Do you not agree something has to be done?

Chocolate Hog 12-18-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9220231)
Do you not agree something has to be done?

There's nothing that can be done. You can't stop a pyschopath and getting on stage talking about violence when you oversaw the killing of an innocent American teenager because his father was a terrorist is disgusting.

Taco John 12-18-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9220231)
Do you not agree something has to be done?

You mean about selling guns to violent drug cartels in border nations?

Taco John 12-18-2012 02:41 AM

Imagine if Mexico's government was caught selling semi automatic pistols to Meth cartels in America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven


Do you not agree that something has to be done here?

WoodDraw 12-18-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9220229)

Make no mistake, if this was an operation that blew up in the face of a Republican, there would be hearing after hearing and likely even impeachment proceedings. It seems kind of hypocritical that when Obama gets caught presiding over the execution of an operation that sells guns to violent drug smugglers (and the guns get traced to horrific murders that include American agents), nobody cares.

Too bad the Republicans don't have any power in the House, or they could start those impeachment hearings...

Taco John 12-18-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9220247)
Too bad the Republicans don't have any power in the House, or they could start those impeachment hearings...


Hahaha! This sort of hypocrisy is precious. "Oh we've got to do something about guns and violence! Oh what? The guy I voted for sold semi-automatic weapons to violent drug cartels? Oh, well then... SOMEONE ELSE has to do something about guns and violence! The Republicans! Let the try, the fools!!"

It doesn't bother me anymore that ya'll don't stand on any principle and you're just floating through life on your emotions. It used to. Now I just find it comical.

A Salt Weapon 12-18-2012 02:59 AM

We need to let all the facts show up before the media will report it, let's not jump to conclusions.

Just like Behngazi (sp?).
Posted via Mobile Device

Taco John 12-18-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9220255)
We need to let all the facts show up before the media will report it, let's not jump to conclusions.

Just like Behngazi (sp?).
Posted via Mobile Device


I fully agree. The problem is that Obama is claiming executive privilege preventing all the facts from "showing up." Not that the beans aren't already well spilled. It's uncontroversial that the Obama admin ran this operation through the ATF, and that Brian Terry was killed with a gun that was part of the operation.
On June 20, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted along party lines to recommend that Holder be held in contempt. At issue were 1,300 pages of documents that had not been turned over to Congress by the DOJ. Earlier that day, President Obama had invoked executive privilege over those documents, marking the first time the privilege has been asserted during his presidency.[90][91] Mr. Issa contends that the Obama executive privilege claim is a cover-up or an obstruction to the congressional probe. Mr. Issa said the department has identified "140,000 pages of documents and communications responsive to the committee's subpoena."[92]

Taco John 12-18-2012 03:12 AM

How can the anti-gun left be taken seriously when they're this selective about when to get serious about gun crimes?

(believe me, the question's rhetorical. I know the answer: politics is more important than morality)

nstygma 12-18-2012 03:21 AM

if fast and furious was never discovered, we'd be hearing nonstop about american firearms being used in border crime.

WoodDraw 12-18-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9220252)
Hahaha! This sort of hypocrisy is precious. "Oh we've got to do something about guns and violence! Oh what? The guy I voted for sold semi-automatic weapons to violent drug cartels? Oh, well then... SOMEONE ELSE has to do something about guns and violence! The Republicans! Let the try, the fools!!"

It doesn't bother me anymore that ya'll don't stand on any principle and you're just floating through life on your emotions. It used to. Now I just find it comical.

There's no hypocrisy about it. You said that if it was a Republican, there would be impeachment hearings. And yet we have a Democrat in the Presidency and a Republican controlled house...and there are no impeachment hearings.

I think the entire thing was a ****ing mess. A disaster, if you will. Do I think people should be impeached over it? Uhh, no. I have no problem with those responsible being held accountable though. Fire them, and be done with it. If crimes were committed, hold them to it.

Taco John 12-18-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9220275)
There's no hypocrisy about it. You said that if it was a Republican, there would be impeachment hearings. And yet we have a Democrat in the Presidency and a Republican controlled house...and there are no impeachment hearings.

I think the entire thing was a ****ing mess. A disaster, if you will. Do I think people should be impeached over it? Uhh, no. I have no problem with those responsible being held accountable though. Fire them, and be done with it. If crimes were committed, hold them to it.


LMAO:LOL::doh!:

WoodDraw 12-18-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9220278)
LMAO:LOL::doh!:

I don't know what this means. Don't you have a 9/11 conspiracy thread to bump soon? I think, this time, it might catch on.

Taco John 12-18-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9220281)
I don't know what this means. Don't you have a 9/11 conspiracy thread to bump soon? I think, this time, it might catch on.

I'm certain you don't know what this means. You seem barely able to muster your own thoughts, let alone interpret mine. But I appreciate you proving my point in such a not-so-offhanded way.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.