ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Let's research SSRI Violence (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267817)

Chocolate Hog 12-18-2012 09:16 PM

Let's research SSRI Violence
 
http://www.ssristories.com/index.php

LiveSteam 12-18-2012 09:32 PM

This is the problem. But hey lets talk about guns bans instead.

CoMoChief 12-18-2012 09:45 PM

It's easier for the media to hype up guns as being bad because it's what we've been accustomed to the last 30yrs or so with Hollywood, TV, video games, media etc.

LiveSteam 12-18-2012 09:53 PM

Meds & certain video games.

Cheater5 12-18-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9222905)
This is the problem. But hey lets talk about guns bans instead.

It's the Libtard Way; punish law abiding gun owners and avoid the heart of the issue because it's uncomfortable.

KILLER_CLOWN 12-18-2012 10:10 PM

SSRI's seem to be involved in EVERY senseless mass shooting, so it's best ignored.

listopencil 12-19-2012 12:31 AM

I don't understand, are the guns shooting pills now? It has to be the gun's fault somehow. Right?

BucEyedPea 12-19-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9223105)
I don't understand, are the guns shooting pills now? It has to be the gun's fault somehow. Right?

Wow that would make a great political graphic, cartoon or illustration listopencil.
Very creative way to say it.

Think I'm gonna have to actually take the time, somehow, to do this one.

patteeu 12-19-2012 11:03 AM

The question is whether these drugs are causing the problem or if they're just coincident with the real problem (e.g. the condition they're being used to treat).

BucEyedPea 12-19-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9223982)
The question is whether these drugs are causing the problem or if they're just coincident with the real problem (e.g. the condition they're being used to treat).

Good question. Suicide ideation is listed as a known side-effect though. Perhaps it exacerbates these things. Coming off them creates a problem too. I wonder if there has been any long term studies of using such drugs, as well as ritalin, on children or young teens whose brains are still forming? One thing that does need investigation is pharmaceutical firms covering up some things they did know and/or how the FDA approves them. Is there crony connections between the agency and these firms. Who gets money from these firms?

BucEyedPea 12-19-2012 11:15 AM

I found this:
 
Unfortunately SSRIs can cause many different side effects. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV is the most widely used source of diagnostic information for mental health by health professionals. It has “consistently confirmed that all anti-depressants can cause mania” which is a “potentially psychotic condition of intense mental and emotional excitement”.

Mania often involves feelings of invulnerability, extreme power, farfetched and elaborate plans, as well as the urge to commit violence. A recent controlled clinical trial of the SSRI Prozac showed that it caused mania in six percent of the test subjects. Other side effects of Prozac include agitation, anxiety, instability, confusion, hallucinations, hostility and psychosis. Studies have also repeatedly shown an increased risk of suicide for people taking an SSRI.
http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2012...n-2417899.html

listopencil 12-19-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9223818)
Wow that would make a great political graphic, cartoon or illustration listopencil.
Very creative way to say it.

Think I'm gonna have to actually take the time, somehow, to do this one.

LOL, I'd love to see it.

Chocolate Hog 12-19-2012 02:52 PM

We'll never find out because big pharma owns our politicians.

J Diddy 12-19-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9222997)
SSRI's seem to be involved in EVERY senseless mass shooting, so it's best ignored.

That would be silly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9223982)
The question is whether these drugs are causing the problem or if they're just coincident with the real problem (e.g. the condition they're being used to treat).

Good point. However, for most in DC correlation automatically equals causation.

J Diddy 12-19-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9224795)
We'll never find out because big pharma owns our politicians.

One of many that owns our politicians. NRA owns an equal chunk as well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.