ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Sheila Jackson Lee with a good idea??? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267860)

petegz28 12-20-2012 10:06 AM

Sheila Jackson Lee with a good idea???

So this morning on the way to work I am listening to the local talking head sorta making fun of Lee for an idea she had for safety in schools. Truth be told she wasn't far off from what I think is a great idea.

Her idea:

Door to buzz into the school with bulletproof glass. = very acceptable
Steel doors on classrooms that drop down when an alarm goes off. = I have a slight variation on that.

My suggestion is replace classroom doors with steel doors. You can put wood veneer on it or whatever to make it appealing to the eye but nonetheless a steeldoor with a bulletproof glass window.

Then you install locks that are remotely activated. These are not uncommon. If an alarm is triggered the locks automatically engage thus securing the kids behind a locked steel door with bulletproof glass.

I think this is a very good idea and have to commend her for at least mentioning solutions and not saying "take guns away" in the same sentence.

HonestChieffan 12-20-2012 10:55 AM

We need a steel door that drops and locks when that nut bag walks into her office.

notorious 12-20-2012 11:17 AM

(Doors lock down)

Psycho looks around, pulls out a gallon of gas and matches. Trapped kids in a burning building sounds like a great idea.

donkhater 12-20-2012 11:21 AM

The only lucid aspect about the entire OP is the question marks behind the title.

A Salt Weapon 12-20-2012 11:22 AM

The only good thing to have ever came out of that ****'s mouth is, well nothing actually. She is a ****ing disgrace to this country.

Brock 12-20-2012 11:31 AM

Are we going to put a bulletproof dome over the playground too?

petegz28 12-20-2012 11:35 AM

I know it's easy to make fun of Lee, however I think the variation I have is a good idea and much better than "ban all assault weapons"

Direckshun 12-20-2012 11:36 AM

The fact that you'd choose turning every American school into Fort Knox rather than give up assault weapons (while childishly fearing they're going to take your guns away) shows exactly where your priorities lie.

JonesCrusher 12-20-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9227174)
The fact that you'd choose turning every American school into Fort Knox rather than give up assault weapons (while childishly fearing they're going to take your guns away) shows exactly where your priorities lie.

So you think she is just trolling.

Direckshun 12-20-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonesCrusher (Post 9227184)
So you think she is just trolling.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way.

listopencil 12-20-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9227130)
The only good thing to have ever came out of that ****'s mouth is my penis.

FYP

alpha_omega 12-20-2012 12:36 PM

Sheila, is that in North or South Vietnam?

petegz28 12-20-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9227174)

Yeah, dipshit. One has a much better chance of working than the other. In fact, the school district I am working for has automatic locking doors should the panic alarm be set off.

Giving up assault weapons is a utopian dream dumb ****s like you think would fix everything.

Garcia Bronco 12-20-2012 03:19 PM

Stop using the term Assault Weapon...it's a made up term. You can't argue with someone that makes up language and then moves the goal posts on the meaning.

HolyHandgernade 12-20-2012 03:24 PM

New Headline: Student crushed by falling steel door as panic button is accidentally pushed.