ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues 2nd amendment? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267952)

bandwagonjumper 12-23-2012 05:21 AM

2nd amendment?

I know another gun related. Simple question what is the purpose of the second amendment? Is it to help you to protect you, your family and property or is it to protect you, your family, property and the federal government or any authorities in general.
I've read a quote from some texan republican congressman who mention something about civilian militia and George Washington.

BucEyedPea 12-23-2012 05:34 AM

This was covered in all the other threads. Maybe you could read them?

bandwagonjumper 12-23-2012 02:01 PM

Don't be ridiculous. Who would want to wade through pages and pages to get an answer?

DementedLogic 12-23-2012 02:19 PM

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrencesf and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington

Chiefspants 12-24-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedLogic (Post 9236133)
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrencesf and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington

It's a shame both your first and third quotes are found on this page.

http://saf.org/pub/rkba/general/BogusFounderQuotes.htm

BucEyedPea 12-24-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandwagonjumper (Post 9235991)
Don't be ridiculous. Who would want to wade through pages and pages to get an answer?

Why should people who commented on this very point have to respost their answer. That's double the work for us because you can't be bothered. Anyways, DementedLogic answered and answered it correctly.

bandwagonjumper 12-24-2012 12:19 PM

Gun ownership makes sense for me if the purpose is to defend yourself against the state. Mind you if you believe that jews are subhuman it makes sense to send them to their death. Like I'll always say people believe what there wanna believe and see what there wanna see.

La literatura 12-24-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9238581)
Why should people who commented on this very point have to respost their answer. That's double the work for us because you can't be bothered. Anyways, DementedLogic answered and answered it correctly.

LMAO

You don't have to post your answer. You don't even have to post at this message board (and to be honest, I don't think you should). The nature of the thread and post system is entirely voluntary.

You're such a ridiculous moron that it's almost troll like.

LiveSteam 12-24-2012 02:00 PM

This is weird. This guy is supposed to be the father of one of the murdered children.
after watching him smile then prep to cry for the media. Sorry I dnt buy it. I have a hard time believing this is a father of one of the victoms.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oMINqFGNr-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RNR 12-24-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9239010)
This is weird. This guy is supposed to be the father of one of the murdered children.
after watching him smile then prep to cry for the media. Sorry I dnt buy it. I have a hard time believing this is a father of one of the victoms.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oMINqFGNr-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After doing a quick search of the guy and it appears he is the father of one of the children killed. I will say I find it strange he could be so composed one day after the senseless murder of his child. I cannot or will not stand in judgement of how someone copes with this type of loss. I will say I always look suspiciously at people who jump in front of cameras in tragic situations. But I remind myself everyone handles things differently. Walking up to me with a camera when I am upset or dealing with a loss would lead to me saying walk away and it would be good advice. That said many who know me personally have often commented on their disappointment that I will not talk about things or open up about feelings or whatever. I don't need to talk about things because there is nothing new to talk about. It happened I deal with it and move on. Different strokes for different folks I guess~

LiveSteam 12-24-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9239101)
After doing a quick search of the guy and it appears he is the father of one of the children killed. I will say I find it strange he could be so composed one day after the senseless murder of his child. I cannot or will not stand in judgement of how someone copes with this type of loss. I will say I always look suspiciously at people who jump in front of cameras in tragic situations. But I remind myself everyone handles things differently. Walking up to me with a camera when I am upset or dealing with a loss would lead to me saying walk away and it would be good advice. That said many who know me personally have often commented on their disappointment that I will not talk about things or open up about feelings or whatever. I don't need to talk about things because there is nothing new to talk about. It happened I deal with it and move on. Different strokes for different folks I guess~

He had to put on the sad face. Thats my point. You can clearly see him doing it just seconds before he starts addressing the media. Just weird IMO

Chiefspants 12-24-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9239010)

Yeah, and the staff, parents, and all of the community around the victim decided to take part in the cover up of his identity. Puhleeease.

RNR 12-24-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9239106)
He had to put on the sad face. Thats my point. You can clearly see him doing it just seconds before he starts addressing the media. Just weird IMO

I agree, my post was not calling you out. I was just pointing out people find the way I handle loss strange. I find he way he handled it creepy, but whatever makes his world work I guess~

chiefforlife 12-24-2012 04:00 PM

" God created Man, Colt made them equal."

- Sam Colt

Never a truer statement. Guns are not just to protect you from the government.

Direckshun 12-24-2012 11:31 PM

This is actually a pretty good read on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...s_Constitution