ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections Mitt Romney didn't want to be president anyway (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267969)

-King- 12-23-2012 04:10 PM

Mitt Romney didn't want to be president anyway

Mitt Romney ‘had no desire to run,’ son says
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 3 hrs ago

Mitt Romney didn't want to be president, anyway.

That's what Tagg Romney, Mitt's oldest son, told the Boston Globe for its big post-mortem on his father's failed presidential bid published on Sunday.

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life," Tagg Romney told the paper. "He had no desire to ... run. If he could have found someone else to take his place ... he would have been ecstatic to step aside.

"He is a very private person who loves his family deeply and wants to be with them," Tagg continued. "He has deep faith in God and he loves his country, but he doesn’t love the attention.”

Romney's reluctance to become commander in chief has been hinted at by his sons before. Before their father sought the 2012 GOP nomination, several said they tried to convince him not to run.

"I tried to convince him not to," Matt Romney told Conan O'Brien in June. "I think there were a few of us that tried that. I just felt for us as a family, this isn't the best thing. But ... for the country, we think it's the right thing."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/m...-election.html

BucEyedPea 12-23-2012 05:04 PM

I don't buy it. He paid a LOT of money both times to run. You don't spend like that to no want to be president.

RNR 12-23-2012 05:26 PM

Well it all worked out because America did want him to be president either~

cosmo20002 12-23-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9236496)
“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life," Tagg Romney told the paper. "He had no desire to ... run. If he could have found someone else to take his place ... he would have been ecstatic to step aside.

WTF is this dickface talking about? Mitt should cut off his trust fund for saying this--even if true. What a slap to all those people who donated time and money to his campaign (and to all the morons who pretended to love Mitt on this board). I really doubt Mitt didn't want to be pres. Not wanting to RUN for pres, that I could see.

KChiefer 12-23-2012 06:15 PM

Rove must have called Mitt yellow...twice.

Bump 12-23-2012 06:40 PM

if that's true. It makes all of the right wingers who blindly follow look ridiculous. I like it.

BigRedChief 12-23-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9236669)
I don't buy it. He paid a LOT of money both times to run. You don't spend like that to no want to be president.

the way I interpret Tadd's comments is that initially he didn't want to run but was talked into it by his wife and family.

But if he was on the fence, he surely was doing all the right things that people who are going to run for President do.

this whole thing doesn't pass the smell test.

CoMoChief 12-23-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

The guy had Goldman Sachs money......I doubt he gave a shit.

I don't doubt it. It would explain the campaign he ran. He had all of the ammo in the world to end Obama's presidency and he chose use a sling shot towards him. The republican party wants to roll out these "moderate" conservatives and think they have any chance at all.

Just about eveyone w/ a brain thinks Obama is a joke of a president..and yet the GOP rolls out people like John McCain, Palin, and Romney and Ryan.

cosmo20002 12-23-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9237121)
the way I interpret Tadd's comments is that initially he didn't want to run but was talked into it by his wife and family.

But if he was on the fence, he surely was doing all the right things that people who are going to run for President do.

this whole thing doesn't pass the smell test.

Considering the amount of effort needed to launch a compaign and that he basically started running for 2012 as soon as 2008 ended, I'd say Tadd is full of shit and that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

cosmo20002 12-23-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Well, other people's money.

Fat Elvis 12-23-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9237390)

I don't doubt it. It would explain the campaign he ran. He had all of the ammo in the world to end Obama's presidency and he chose use a sling shot towards him. The republican party wants to roll out these "moderate" conservatives and think they have any chance at all.

Just about eveyone w/ a brain thinks Obama is a joke of a president..and yet the GOP rolls out people like John McCain, Palin, and Romney and Ryan.

...and you vote for them.

KCWolfman 12-23-2012 11:18 PM

Ridiculous.

I can believe this is what he told his family, but simply cannot be true.

BucEyedPea 12-23-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9237390)

Yeah, he had GS money but he used a plenty of his own too. The only thing I recall reading was his wife asking him if he could fix our current situation. If he said yes then she was for it, if no then it was not worth it him running.

CoMoChief 12-24-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9237806)
...and you vote for them.

ROFL what?

I am NOT a republican buddy.

FishingRod 12-24-2012 08:48 AM

It is a crappy job and it takes a person with a huge ego to want it and think they can win it. In the company of those people Mitt isn't a bad guy but to say he didn't want the job is a joke.