ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics I've started to move my stock money overseas. We are on a train wreck by 2020 to 2025 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268419)

Trivers 01-03-2013 04:09 PM

I've started to move my stock money overseas. We are on a train wreck by 2020 to 2025
 
I've started to move my stock money overseas.

I figure by 2015 to have most of my small portfolio outside the USA.

It may not be much compared to others, but it is my hard earned future. Looking to place in the Aus/NZ markets.

Entitlements are going to bankrupt us by the '20s and the government will keep raising taxes to pay for it.

FD 01-03-2013 04:25 PM

You realize the Australian currency is currently way overvalued due to a mining boom, right? And that their entitlements are generally more generous than ours?

Try again.

La literatura 01-03-2013 04:42 PM

Go to Africa, young man!

La literatura 01-03-2013 04:45 PM

I cashed out on my American Express Mutual Fund set up by grandma ($845), and invested in Dubble Bubble gum tubs. My friend was going to the restroom next to Jim Cramer and some other guy in New York one day and overheard this tip.

cosmo20002 01-03-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 9275708)
I've started to move my stock money overseas.

Thanks for letting us know.

KC native 01-03-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 9275708)
I've started to move my stock money overseas.

I figure by 2015 to have most of my small portfolio outside the USA.

It may not be much compared to others, but it is my hard earned future. Looking to place in the Aus/NZ markets.

Entitlements are going to bankrupt us by the '20s and the government will keep raising taxes to pay for it.

Your thesis is off. This is a perfect example of why politics and investing don't mix.

LiveSteam 01-03-2013 05:41 PM

:poop:

Brock 01-03-2013 06:08 PM

Pretty naive and stupid. Where is your money going to hide?

Trivers 01-03-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9276179)
Pretty naive and stupid. Where is your money going to hide?

Actually, there are numerous avenues outside the USA to grow capital. You don't have hide anything.

If the USA goes broke, I want to be elsewhere.

What will you do if the USA defaults on its debts?

Always have a plan B. What is yours?

cosmo20002 01-03-2013 08:20 PM

We're doomed!

/people who have been wrong about every prediction ever

RedNeckRaider 01-03-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9277090)
We're doomed!

/people who have been wrong about every prediction ever

Anyone who thinks the financial situation this country is in is stable is either stupid or not paying attention~

KC native 01-03-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 9276953)
Actually, there are numerous avenues outside the USA to grow capital. You don't have hide anything.

If the USA goes broke, I want to be elsewhere.

What will you do if the USA defaults on its debts?

Always have a plan B. What is yours?

ROFL The US is in no danger of default anytime in the foreseeable future.

Are you aware that many other countries are in a worse position with regards to their debt?

You should always have a portion of your portfolio in international stocks. But you are being absurd.

KC native 01-03-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9277149)
Anyone who thinks the financial situation this country is in is stable is either stupid or not paying attention~

Our situation is very stable. The US is the safest boat in rough seas.

DementedLogic 01-03-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9277090)
We're doomed!

/people who have been wrong about every prediction ever

Like the people who predicted the housing crisis and NASDAQ bubble?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.