ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Netflix Additions (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268898)

Buck 01-14-2013 07:12 PM

New Netflix Additions
 
Netflix is killing it the last couple weeks.

Here are a few new shows they got the rights to:

Live Action
Revolution, Fringe, The West Wing, Chuck, Childrens Hospital, The Following, 666 Park Avenue, Longmire, Political Animals

Cartoons
Regular Show, Adventure Time, Robot Chicken, The Boondocks, Aqua Teen, Johnny Bravo, Ben 10, Green Lantern

Now I know some of those Live Action shows are 1 and done seasons, but Fringe, The West Wing, Chuck, Regular Show, Adventure Time are ****ing huge gets by Netflix. That $8 is a great value and I hope it doesn't rise any time soon.

|Zach| 01-14-2013 07:13 PM

Netflix has always been a good value. Didn't know about Aqua Teens being added that is great.

DaneMcCloud 01-14-2013 07:15 PM

New deal with Warners

Buck 01-14-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9318964)
Netflix has always been a good value. Didn't know about Aqua Teens being added that is great.

Yeah, I left it out of my last sentence for a reason. I agree that the $8 has always been a great value, but it keeps getting better and better. I'm wondering at what point do they raise it to $10 to offset the money they are spending acquiring new content?

|Zach| 01-14-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9318973)
Yeah, I left it out of my last sentence for a reason. I agree that the $8 has always been a great value, but it keeps getting better and better. I'm wondering at what point do they raise it to $10 to offset the money they are spending acquiring new content?

It is just weird to me that people bitch about it a lot...it seems to happen a lot.

Like for some reason everyone thinks they are entitled to the complete history of tv and film for under 10 bucks.

Buck 01-14-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9318981)
It is just weird to me that people bitch about it a lot...it seems to happen a lot.

Like for some reason everyone thinks they are entitled to the complete history of tv and film for under 10 bucks.

I think the main issue for people is that they didn't really have as much content as they did now, and obviously everyone had their own interests, and it was easy 4 years ago to run out of entertaining things to watch on Netflix. I don't know if that is the case anymore.

hometeam 01-14-2013 07:21 PM

I used just the online version and wasn't impressed, canceled at the end of my free month.. this was about a year ago or so, but I have been thinking about giving it another shot and canceling showtime and HBO etc.

Buck 01-14-2013 07:22 PM

Okay, so also not originally listed in the OP are Ben 10 (not sure what it is), Childrens Hospital (****ing funny and full of a lot of Alt Comedians), and Green Lantern (I think it's an animated series).

Buck 01-14-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9318995)
I used just the online version and wasn't impressed, canceled at the end of my free month.. this was about a year ago or so, but I have been thinking about giving it another shot and canceling showtime and HBO etc.

Unfortunately, I doubt that HBO programming will ever appear on Netflix Streaming.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2013 07:24 PM

They also must have struck a deal with Disney. Ive been noticeing alot of older Disney titles from the 80s and 90s pop up.

ive always thought Netflix was a good deal.

redbox is starting up a competing streaming service. Got an email yesterday to sign up.

KcMizzou 01-14-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9318981)
It is just weird to me that people bitch about it a lot...it seems to happen a lot.

Like for some reason everyone thinks they are entitled to the complete history of tv and film for under 10 bucks.

Yeah, you really can't complain, considering the price. I recently went through all of Doctor Who (starts badly, ends up awesome) I'm looking forward to checking out Fringe.

And I love me some Johnny Bravo.

silver5liter 01-14-2013 07:29 PM

Wish they would add more dexter

Gravedigger 01-14-2013 09:24 PM

Recently I've watched Warrior and The Grey on Netflix. Both pretty great films.

listopencil 01-14-2013 11:03 PM

NetFlix and Roku, no cable or satellite.

ThaVirus 01-14-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9319711)
NetFlix and Roku, no cable or satellite.

What does Roku do?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.