ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268911)

petegz28 01-15-2013 08:48 AM

GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control
 
http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/14/go...r-gun-control/


Glad someone has a set in Congress

Frazod 01-15-2013 08:49 AM

Works for me.

dirk digler 01-15-2013 08:53 AM

And you wonder why Republicans keep losing LMAO

LiveSteam 01-15-2013 08:55 AM

How can you impeach Obama? The women of the Untied states will not stand for this
He is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good looking.

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9320177)
And you wonder why Republicans keep losing LMAO

Keep losing? After Clinton was impeached, did the Republicans lose the next election? Nope.

They lost two presidential elections with an incumbent in office. They won in 2010 and held their majority in Congress, have won more governorships and state legislatures.

Also, the Republicans still have the House, which I'd rather have anyway because they have the real power there—the purse.

blaise 01-15-2013 08:58 AM

Good luck with that.

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9320168)


Now, I'd like to see the House Republicans stand up against Constitutional violations of the Origination Clause since the Fiscal Cliff bill originated in the Senate.

It may be the polls show the rating of Congress at an all-time low—but these polls never say why?
Could it be that it's because Congress has shown no spine?

dirk digler 01-15-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9320189)
Keep losing? After Clinton was impeached, did the Republicans lose the next election? Nope.

They lost two presidential elections with an incumbent in office. They won in 2010 and held their majority in Congress, have won more governorships and state legislatures.

Also, the Republicans still have the House, which I'd rather have anyway because they have the real power there—the purse.

Different times.

They got their ass kicked this past election and I imagine they will lose the House in 2014 if they keep this BS up.

Brock 01-15-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9320209)
Different times.

They got their ass kicked this past election and I imagine they will lose the House in 2014 if they keep this BS up.

Obama wasn't elected on his gun control stance. This is overreaching on his part.

Frazod 01-15-2013 09:10 AM

I'd say trying to destroy our Constitutional rights is a little more serious than lying about getting blown by an intern.

Maybe that's just me.

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9320209)
Different times.

They got their ass kicked this past election and I imagine they will lose the House in 2014 if they keep this BS up.

No, they didn't get their asses kicked when there was fraud in places with more votes than registered voters. This election was a lot closer. Obama also lost more independents. Obama won because the Rs were divided and ran a lousy candidate too. And the Rs still have more governors and state legislatures. By all means though, such hubris would be a big mistake on the left's part. I welcome it.

Fact is, the House has more power than a president anyway since they have the power of the purse. I'd much rather have the House be Republican with a Democratic president—just one that is not so overeaching and as big a phony and liar. Obama is Bush IV on steroids with his lawbreaking.

notorious 01-15-2013 09:38 AM

Obama is not going to use executive order to take away guns.

Dirk posted as much in the other thread.

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 09:43 AM

If dirk says it, it must be true? Is he the WH spokesman? Because that's not what Biden and Obama are saying.

notorious 01-15-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9320310)
If dirk says it, it must be true? Is he the WH spokesman? Because that's not what Biden and Obama are saying.

If Obama used executive order to take away our guns, I will leave CP for a year.

This is going to be a good ****ing year, too.

dirk digler 01-15-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9320219)
Obama wasn't elected on his gun control stance. This is overreaching on his part.

IMHO any EO he does will be for administrative functions he can't ban guns. Only Congress can do that.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.