ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Is a politician's life worth more than yours? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268938)

petegz28 01-15-2013 06:09 PM

Is a politician's life worth more than yours?
 
In light of the recent laws regarding firearms in the state of NY one has to ask this question. Our politicians are often escorted by police or armed bodyguards who carry sem-automatic weapons with "high capacity" magazines.

Now one has to ask, why is that ok to protect them but you are not allowed to do the same to protect you?


Poll to follw

Direckshun 01-15-2013 06:32 PM

They're more important to the democracy, I'd say. My voice on healthcare isn't 1/1,000,000th of John McCain's, for instance. I have a vote in the ballots, he has a vote in the Senate. That makes him more important, as far as the government goes.

But our souls are equal.

For the record, they also have a lot more people that want to do them harm.

Frazod 01-15-2013 06:33 PM

With good reason.

petegz28 01-15-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9322240)
They're more important to the democracy, I'd say. My voice on healthcare isn't 1/1,000,000th of John McCain's, for instance. I have a vote in the ballots, he has a vote in the Senate. That makes him more important, as far as the government goes.

But our souls are equal.

For the record, they also have a lot more people that want to do them harm.

:spock:

BucEyedPea 01-15-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9322243)
With good reason.

ROFL

Cave Johnson 01-16-2013 09:27 AM

Another horseshit special ed Pete thread. Yes, you face exactly the same security threats as the President, you imbecile.

Comrade Crapski 01-16-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9323923)
Another horseshit special ed Pete thread. Yes, you face exactly the same security threats as the President, you imbecile.

But aren't the secret service agents "escalating the violence"?

:drool:

loochy 01-16-2013 09:58 AM

Yeah, probably. People aren't equal. A politician's death would likely have a much greater negative impact on a larger number of people than my death would.

Radar Chief 01-16-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9324031)
Yeah, probably. People aren't equal. A politician's death would likely have a much greater negative impact on a larger number of people than my death would.

Or it could have a greater positive impact.

petegz28 01-16-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9324031)
Yeah, probably. People aren't equal. A politician's death would likely have a much greater negative impact on a larger number of people than my death would.

Yeah, I mean it isn't like they are replacable or anything

Direckshun 01-16-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9322456)
:spock:

My voice on healthcare isn't 1/1,000,000th of John McCain's, for instance. I have a vote in the ballots, he has a vote in the Senate, and he actually represents millions of people. That makes him more important, as far as the government goes.

nstygma 01-16-2013 10:39 AM

do we serve them, or do they serve us?

petegz28 01-16-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9324203)
My voice on healthcare isn't 1/1,000,000th of John McCain's, for instance. I have a vote in the ballots, he has a vote in the Senate, and he actually represents millions of people. That makes him more important, as far as the government goes.

And he can easily be replaced by another person. You want to live your life thinking some politician is more important than you are then you be my guest.

petegz28 01-16-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9324223)
do we serve them, or do they serve us?

According to Mrs. Direckshun the former

Direckshun 01-16-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9324223)
do we serve them, or do they serve us?

Their job description is to serve us.

But we should all be committed to helping and serving the country as a whole.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.