ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues The real answer to control gun violence... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269029)

mlyonsd 01-17-2013 08:05 PM

The real answer to control gun violence...

is execute anyone that commits a violent crime with one. That means holding up a convenience store, etc.

A society that embraces killing an innocent human conceived but not yet born should be able to do this, right? This of course won't stop a nut from killing kindergartners but nothing will do that.

And don't preach to me about being a civilized society because you're fighting a losing argument. If you're not intelligent enough to understand what the consequences of your actions are you're not civilized.

The answer is so simple it's scary.

petegz28 01-17-2013 08:10 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...01151535_n.jpg

A Salt Weapon 01-17-2013 08:10 PM

Actually the answer is to arm everyone. Sure crime would increase for about a month, and then become almost nil. Not too many people out there willing to commit crimes when they know everyone has a gun.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD 01-17-2013 08:20 PM

Sure but that policy would just be a war on inner city african americans and more recently poor hispanics. Ultimately it's really just a war on the poor. Would it resolve the issue? Possibly but the cost would be huge.

mlyonsd 01-17-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9329596)
Sure but that policy would just be a war on inner city african americans and more recently poor hispanics. Ultimately it's really just a war on the poor. Would it resolve the issue? Possibly but the cost would be huge.

So what? Am I supposed to feel sorry for someone that uses a gun to rob someone?

A Salt Weapon 01-17-2013 08:44 PM

Are you implying that inner city african americans and poor hispanics are more prone to crime and gun violence?

It would seem illogical to then target responsible law abiding Americans with unnecessary legal burdens and unconstitutional restrictions due to them.

Maybe it would be a war on the poor, after all we've had a war on poverty since (LBJ??), how's has that worked out? Maybe gov't and their endless wars aren't the answer.

Hmm, there's an idea, hey this war on drugs, war on terror, war on crime, and war on poverty aren't working out for us too well, maybe we should start a war on gun owners too. How many wars does this country need? Maybe there's the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 01-17-2013 08:49 PM

if someone loads a gun, points it at someone and pulls the trigger..they know DAMN well what will happen, regardless of their "mental health"

this isn't about guns, it's about violence...you can kill a man with your bare hands..and if you do, you'll be charged with murder....using a gun doesn't make the crime "worse".

LiveSteam 01-17-2013 08:49 PM

Im watching some **** named Lawrence O'Donnel on MSNBC & he is saying its all Tom Sellecks fault. Im mean he is literary blaming Tom for every mass shooting to ever happen in this country. All because Tom sits on the NRA board.

Edit. This dude is off his ****ing rocker JFC!

mlyonsd 01-17-2013 09:02 PM

Someone explain to me why we coddle people that commit violent crimes using a gun? Why shouldn't the be eliminated?

petegz28 01-17-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9329687)
Someone explain to me why we coddle people that commit violent crimes using a gun? Why shouldn't the be eliminated?

Because if no one made the gun the criminal never would have committed a crime. Man, get with the now and stuff

mlyonsd 01-17-2013 09:10 PM

Justice should be equal to intent. Meaning if you're willing to use a weapon to achieve something illegal you should pay the same price as if you used that same weapon.

petegz28 01-17-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9329713)
Justice should be equal to intent. Meaning if you're willing to use a weapon to achieve something illegal you should pay the same price as if you used that same weapon.

I tend to agree

mlyonsd 01-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9329714)
I tend to agree

It really is simple.

It won't stop bad people but it might deter those on the edge or anyone that values their own life.

mlyonsd 01-17-2013 09:22 PM

I have to ask, what value is there keeping someone on this earth that would use a gun to gain something illegally?

KChiefer 01-17-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9329759)
I have to ask, what value is there keeping someone on this earth that would use a gun to gain something illegally?

Catch Les Mis yet?