ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Question :Downsizing a video to send by email? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269115)

ROYC75 01-20-2013 02:15 PM

Question :Downsizing a video to send by email?
 
OK, I have never had to send anything over 25MB's . How the heck do you do this and allow the recipient to open it ? I know there is a way and I know CP brain trust will tell me how.

What say you ?

Brainiac 01-20-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9335653)
OK, I have never had to send anything over 25MB's . How the heck do you do this and allow the recipient to open it ? I know there is a way and I know CP brain trust will tell me how.

What say you ?

Don't email it. Upload it to YouTube and email the link.

QuikSsurfer 01-20-2013 02:58 PM

I say download dropbox and drop whatever you're wanting to share into a public folder and then emailing a direct link to whoever.

Fish 01-20-2013 04:04 PM

Usually mail servers won't let you send anything over 5-10MB. And even if you find a way to shrink it down so it lets you send it, it's unlikely that the recipient's e-mail server will accept an attachment that size.

Use Dropbox or host it on Youtube or Vimeo or something.

DaFace 01-20-2013 04:05 PM

All the options posted here are good ones. In addition, yousendit.com could do the trick as long as it's not above 100MB.

ROYC75 01-27-2013 05:20 PM

710 MB ..... How the heck do you send a file this big ?

I'll be the first to tell ya, I tried the other stuff listed and obviously, I didn't do something right.

ROYC75 01-27-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 Bowler (Post 9335824)
Don't email it. Upload it to YouTube and email the link.

Tried that, you tube said it didn't download correctly.

I can play it on the pc, yet I can't downsize it to fit or if I can edit it to be shorter on youtube, I can post it. The part I want is only 2 minutes into the 28 minute video of a game..

mikeyis4dcats. 01-27-2013 05:35 PM

upload to box.net, email link

ROYC75 01-27-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9356234)
upload to box.net, email link

That's a little bit too rich for my blood.

nstygma 01-27-2013 05:50 PM

use a free software like this and reconvert it to a smaller file
http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/

nstygma 01-27-2013 05:51 PM

something like this will let you cut out a portion
http://www.boilsoft.com/videosplitter/

mikeyis4dcats. 01-27-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9356277)
That's a little bit too rich for my blood.

? you mean you can't figure out how to do it? Box.net is free....

ROYC75 01-27-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9356464)
? you mean you can't figure out how to do it? Box.net is free....


Guess I missed the free part on the website, I saw the $ 500.00 per year crap and left it alone.

I found a site called send this file, a free site, but damn, it's slow downloading. They want you to pay for a faster service.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-27-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9356880)
Guess I missed the free part on the website, I saw the $ 500.00 per year crap and left it alone.

I found a site called send this file, a free site, but damn, it's slow downloading. They want you to pay for a faster service.

https://www.box.com/signup/personal/


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.