ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Official Inaguration day thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269144)

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:29 AM

Official Inaguration day thread
 
A core part of how we conduct our democracy. In this case, there is no transfer of power so maybe it doesn't have the panche but its still I think the most pomp and circumstance that we allow our self's to have in our democracy.

Crowd looks huge.

Where is George W Bush? Didn't see him introduced?

Deberg_1990 01-21-2013 10:31 AM

can anyone tell me why our government spends so much money on these dog and pony shows? Unnecessary, overindulgent, there are no words............Its not just Obama.

Dayze 01-21-2013 10:34 AM

no joke. Do the GD inaguration in the Congress or something.

pointless, waste of money.
peanuts compared to the debt etc, but a waste nontheless.

mlyonsd 01-21-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338733)

Where is George W Bush? Didn't see him introduced?

That would be like Lincoln showing up for Carter's inauguration and W doesn't roll that way.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9338739)
can anyone tell me why our government spends so much money on these dog and pony shows? Unnecessary, overindulgent, there are no words............Its not just Obama.

uhhhh its all paid for with private donations. And every President does this, not just Obama. Don't get the reference here? You think Obama is the only one to do this?

But the sentiment is what I allured to in my OP. Americans just don't like pomp and circumstance, never have. Probably because the Brits were so full of it and we were going to be different.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9338742)
no joke. Do the GD inaguration in the Congress or something.

pointless, waste of money.
peanuts compared to the debt etc, but a waste nontheless.

no taxpayer money is spent. But please rag on about the over spending President.:doh!:

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9338744)
That would be like Lincoln showing up for Carter's inauguration and W doesn't roll that way.

George W will go down in history as one of the worst POTUS evah. I saw the film Lincoln and George W is no Lincoln sir.

cosmo20002 01-21-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338733)
A core part of how we conduct our democracy. In this case, there is no transfer of power so maybe it doesn't have the panche but its still I think the most pomp and circumstance that we allow our self's to have in our democracy.

Crowd looks huge.

Where is George W Bush? Didn't see him introduced?

He didn't go. Class act, all the way.

cosmo20002 01-21-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9338744)
That would be like Lincoln showing up for Carter's inauguration and W doesn't roll that way.

George W is dead?

mlyonsd 01-21-2013 10:49 AM

You guys are too easy.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9338780)
He didn't go. Class act, all the way.

I thought every living former president always went to inaugurations regardless of political party?

cosmo20002 01-21-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9338739)
can anyone tell me why our government spends so much money on these dog and pony shows? Unnecessary, overindulgent, there are no words............Its not just Obama.

To celebrate the peaceful and ordely transfer of power. It is a waste of money, but I think it is all privately funded. I do think they tone it down for a 2nd term--as they should.

Dayze 01-21-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338773)
no taxpayer money is spent. But please rag on about the over spending President.:doh!:

I stand corrected. still doesn't mean it's still a waste of money, regardless of where it's coming from.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:51 AM

James Taylor sucks.

cosmo20002 01-21-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338790)
I thought every living former president always went to inaugurations regardless of political party?

Probably have to look it up to verify, but I'm pretty sure the former presidents always attend unless there is a health issue.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.