ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget the draft - radio hosts and callers already rationalizing starter MATT CASSEL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269146)

htismaqe 01-21-2013 10:39 AM

Forget the draft - radio hosts and callers already rationalizing starter MATT CASSEL?

I don't get it.

I FULLY understand that not everybody is convinced that we should, or even will, draft a QB to start next year.

But what is it with the last few days of people talking about MATT ****ING CASSEL as next year's starter?

Caller after caller to 810. TJ Carpenter on Friday night telling everybody to be prepared for Matt Cassel because Reid can "fix him". Petro talking today about Reid being able to get "another 2010" out of Cassel.

Is this just a case of battered fan syndrome? Does anybody REALLY think Matt Cassel starting next year is a realistic scenario?

Deberg_1990 01-21-2013 10:41 AM

is it time to re-activate the SOC and roll out the Declaration of Independence Matt Cassel again?

Dayze 01-21-2013 10:41 AM

there is zero reason why Cassel should ever be a starter for the Chiefs again.

accomplishing this either by FA, and/or draft; either is better than Cassel as an option.

I'd say probably 75% of fans in this town don't get it. they don't see what the NFL has evolved into. Game Managers are a thing of the past.

OnTheWarpath15 01-21-2013 10:42 AM

Dumbest fanbase in the NFL.

Daru 01-21-2013 10:44 AM

Cassel 2010 sucked. Destroyed by Ravens in only game that had worth. Cassel is Chiefs herpes until cut. Ugh I hate this now I'm mad but look for Reid to destroy Cassel from roster.Yes.

Easy 6 01-21-2013 10:44 AM

I cant believe people are still even thinking about him, i forget he exists until someone says the name.

Those people are the cream of the crop of harebrained idiots.

Buehler445 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30325332.jpg

BigMeatballDave 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

If Reid has looked at game film, there is NO WAY Cassel is around next season. Not with all those turnovers. Not to mention the cap money it would save.

It was worse than Vick.

DaFace 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9338757)
there is zero reason why Cassel should ever be a starter for the Chiefs again.

accomplishing this either by FA, and/or draft; either is better than Cassel as an option.

I'd say probably 75% of fans in this town don't get it. they don't see what the NFL has evolved into. Game Managers are a thing of the past.

Yep. From my perspective, we should go into next season with:

1. A veteran FA guy to provide some semblance of leadership, who will hopefully quickly lose the job to...
2. A 1st round draft pick who can sit on the bench for a while if #1 is doing OK, but will be expected to be starting by 2014 at the latest and...
3. Some scrub to be there as a backup for #1 and #2. Though some would hate it, I wouldn't care if this was Cassel, as long as there's no expectation that he goes anywhere near the starting job. But I'd much rather it be a late-round draft pick who we can try to develop for competition for #2.

Dayze 01-21-2013 10:45 AM

if Cassel could've been 'fixed' ....he would have been at USC, or under a HOF QB.

if he can't learn / become better in those scenarios/situations, he can't be fixed.

KCUnited 01-21-2013 10:46 AM

Fescoe has been passively homering for Cassel to start for 2 weeks now.

Buehler445 01-21-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9338771)
If Reid has looked at game film, there is NO WAY Cassel is around next season. Not with all those turnovers. Not to mention the cap money it would save.

It was worse than Vick.

Cassel has decent mobility. But he has no short intermediate or long range accuracy. At all. And his long throws are laughable.

Imon Yourside 01-21-2013 10:47 AM

I heard Soren saying all the experts agree there isn't a QB worth taking #1 overrall, same old tired BS. I guess we can not only NOT draft a QB but this means we're stuck with Casshole........ It's quite frankly disgusting.

Saccopoo 01-21-2013 10:49 AM

He's obviously a good guy with experience in the league. He'll make a nice backup. On someone else's team.

The **** that someone is saying this shit is ridiculous.

This prick chomper already stole 60 million dollars from this franchise.

We've done everything we've needed to do to move this team on and into a new direction but one last thing. Cassel.

Cut his ass. Now.

And whoever says Reid is going to polish this turd up can stick a flaming pitchfork up their ass.

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 10:49 AM

We're quickly moving into a dead period in terms of KC sports. No one in the city, generally speaking, gives a shit about the NBA or NHL. There is only so much mileage that one can get from college basketball. NFL season is over, and viable draft information is scarce. Spring Training isn't really in full gear yet.

Lots of air time to fill with little material to discuss.

Expect a lot of stupid shit because of all of the above.