ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Is the battle for gay rights a civil rights battle? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269166)

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 09:34 PM

Is the battle for gay rights a civil rights battle?

From Obama's inaugural speech.

"We, the people, declare today that the most evident of truths that all of us are created equal is the star that guides us still; just as it guided our forebears through Seneca Falls, and Selma, and Stonewall ... Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

Today Obama placed an original place for the battle for gay civil rights, Stonewall along side the same original battleground's for women's rights(Seneca Falls) and African-American rights(Selma).

So the poll question is............

Is the battle for gay rights a civil rights battle?

LiveSteam 01-21-2013 09:35 PM

Yes

Cmd'r&Chief 01-21-2013 09:40 PM

But, do gays deserve rights? They are clearly confused...maybe put them all on a ranch and let them roam freely? Seems reasonable to me.

listopencil 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

Yes.

go bowe 01-21-2013 09:45 PM

most definitely...

dmahurin 01-21-2013 09:45 PM

http://www.therealstevegray.com/wp-c...18259792_n.jpg

LiveSteam 01-21-2013 09:45 PM

All Americans deserve rights.
I dnt care what they do behind closed doors. get Barney Franked what ever?
But when you bring in the part about them wanting to raise children. Im just not down with that yet.

mr. tegu 01-21-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9340447)
But when you bring in the part about them wanting to raise children. Im just not down with that yet.

Yep. Those heterosexual homes with a 50% divorce rate are just doing such a bang up job. No way homosexuals could do as good.

listopencil 01-21-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

I am pro Human Rights. I don't care if those humans happen to be gay or not.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

So you get to decide what rights Americans can have?

What exactly is wrong with gays raising children?

Reaper16 01-21-2013 09:50 PM

Yes. Unequivocally.

go bowe 01-21-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9340455)
Yep. Those heterosexual homes with a 50% divorce rate are just doing such a bang up job. No way homosexuals could do as good.

and that divorce rate has left millions of women to be the sole breadwinner for their family...

aren't two (or more) loving homosexual parents better than just one over-burdened parent?

i think so and i know there are lots of kids who would give anything for a home with loving parents...

same sex adoption has been working well where it is permitted, and children of same sex marriages do not become gay any more than other kids...

there's really no reason not to encourage same sex adoption rather than oppose it...

LiveSteam 01-21-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9340456)
I am pro Human Rights. I don't care if those humans happen to be gay or not.

Their is someone here on this board that can tell you the kind of living hell school was once that persons piers found out they were being raised by same sex parents.It wasn't just at school either.
Its not that i think gays would fail at parenting,I'm sure they would be loving parents.
Its the cruelty of the other children & the pain that comes with that kind of teasing 24/7.

Its not going to be roses & rainbows for the child. like you all seem to think

Prison Bitch 01-21-2013 09:58 PM

I'm just enjoying President Obama's continuing "evolution" on this issue. Regardless what you think of him, you have to really respect him for taking a bold stand on this.

listopencil 01-21-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9340479)
Their is someone here on this board that can tell you the kind of living hell school was once that persons piers found out they were being raised by same sex parents.It wasn't just at school either.
Its not that i think gays would fail at parenting,I'm sure they would be loving parents.
Its the cruelty of the other children & the pain that comes with that kind of teasing 24/7.

I can imagine the kind of stigma that would create. It's our job as responsible citizens to do our best to eliminate that stigma. You've got to start somewhere.