ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Draft Planet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Why Senior Bowl Evaluations Suck (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269167)

Chiefnj2 01-21-2013 10:44 PM

Why Senior Bowl Evaluations Suck
 
Same player, same practice.

Report 1

Wilson, NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated quarterback in this game, and third overall, behind West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, was not surprisingly the most impressive of the three passers today. He passed his first test -- measuring in at a solid 6-2 (and an 1/8), 218 pounds -- during the weigh-ins and demonstrated the same efficient set-up and delivery, zip and accuracy which he'd shown over the past two seasons as the Razorbacks' starter. He showed better than expected accuracy on the move, as well, hitting open targets deep right and shallow left after play-action bootlegs. Wilson was equally accurate on short swing passes to running backs, slants and deep crossers to receivers and down the seam to the tight end. He did get careless and throw an interception late that Georgia Southern safety JJ Wilcox stepped in front of and likely would have returned for a touchdown had we been keeping score. I was impressed, however, by the fact that Wilson rose to the occasion after this poor throw. Pressured on the outside, Wilson stepped up and lofted a nice pass down the seam to Alabama tight end Michael Williams. Williams, heavily covered, was unable to come down with the pass, however.

Report 2 (listed in the hurt their stock category)

Wilson was for the most part sound fundamentally today, but he sprayed the ball all over the field and did not demonstrate the consistent accuracy expected out of a first round prospect. He overthrew multiple receivers badly on downfield routes and threw a bad interception during team drills when he failed to read the safety dropping down into the box. Day one of the Senior Bowl is always difficult on QBs as they try to gain chemistry with brand new receivers, so scouts will be paying particular attention to how he progresses throughout the week.

CaliforniaChief 01-21-2013 10:56 PM

LMAO

Yep, it's silly season. I may have to just avoid all these reports for the next few months.

BossChief 01-21-2013 11:31 PM

It's all politics. The agents of these players write a lot of checks around this time of the year.

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9340639)
It's all politics. The agents of these players write a lot of checks around this time of the year.

Like Schefter boasting that "people" around the league believe that Barkley's presence will overwhelm the team's talent evaluators during his interview, and that facet alone will make him the 1st QB taken even though he has medical red flags.

the Talking Can 01-22-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

. He did get careless and throw an interception late that Georgia Southern safety JJ Wilcox stepped in front of and likely would have returned for a touchdown had we been keeping score. I was impressed, however, by the fact that Wilson rose to the occasion after this poor throw. Pressured on the outside, Wilson stepped up and lofted a nice pass down the seam to Alabama tight end Michael Williams. Williams, heavily covered, was unable to come down with the pass, however.
who writes this crap?


he 'rose to the occasion' - after throwing an int - by throwing an incomplete pass to a 'heavily covered' player...

what?

ChiefRocka 01-22-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9340731)
who writes this crap?


he 'rose to the occasion' - after throwing an int - by throwing an incomplete pass to a 'heavily covered' player...

what?


he popped a boner

Rambozo 01-22-2013 07:16 AM

You gotta watch the practices and decide for yourself. It's the best way imo. Screw the written evaluations.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340788)
You gotta watch the practices and decide for yourself. It's the best way imo. Screw the written evaluations.

Or you can take it all with a grain of salt and trust what you saw during the REAL games.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340793)
Or you can take it all with a grain of salt and trust what you saw during the REAL games.

The real games are the most important thing but, the second most important thing is the Senior Bowl practices for sure. That, and the player interviews at the combine. Those practices are no where near a grain of salt.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340805)
The real games are the most important thing but, the second most important thing is the Senior Bowl practices for sure. That, and the player interviews at the combine. Those practices are no where near a grain of salt.

Unless you're there, you're going to have to rely on 2nd-hand reports.

Even the NFLN coverage is spotty.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340983)
Unless you're there, you're going to have to rely on 2nd-hand reports.

Even the NFLN coverage is spotty.

It's better than second hand reports imo.

Deberg_1990 01-22-2013 12:38 PM

Ill just wait for Grudens QB show

Sorter 01-22-2013 02:14 PM

Where in the **** are Nightfyre's reports? Those are the ones I trust/care about.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9341355)
It's better than second hand reports imo.

Especially if you like commercials.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9342066)
Especially if you like commercials.

LMAO No kidding... I am DVRing them to skip through that. I haven't watched one yet but I hope to tonight.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.