ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs There is no reason for a prolonged rebuilding process in the NFL (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269172)

Deberg_1990 01-22-2013 06:37 AM

There is no reason for a prolonged rebuilding process in the NFL
 
The 49ers proved it. From 2003 to 2010 they were 46-82. Last two seasons: 24-7-1 with obvious playoff wins and a SB appearance.

Hire the right people, stack your team in the right positions. let them roll.


Obvious thread is obvious......

DC.chief 01-22-2013 06:50 AM

The season the colts and skins had this year is reason for optimism for us. Of course we aren't going to have Luck or RGIII, but Geno 'chocolate thunder nuts' Smith will suffice. He's got the tools to be an elite QB anyways. And we have more talent on our roster than the colts imo. I probably shouldn't be... but i'm expecting a quick turn around.

Flachief58 01-22-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9340824)
The season the colts and skins had this year is reason for optimism for us. Of course we aren't going to have Luck or RGIII, but Geno 'chocolate thunder nuts' Smith will suffice. He's got the tools to be an elite QB anyways. And we have more talent on our roster than the colts imo. I probably shouldn't be... but i'm expecting a quick turn around.

We are the Chiefs, hope for the best and expect the worst

Chiefs=Good 01-22-2013 06:55 AM

Shows exactly why good quarterback play is a must imo.

chefs fan in omaha 01-22-2013 07:01 AM

Chiefs make the Super Bowl next year, bank it!

Deberg_1990 01-22-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9340834)
Shows exactly why good quarterback play is a must imo.

Ironically, if we follow the Niners model, we keep Cassel, Reid coaches him up and he drafts a high 2nd round QB. : )

Rambozo 01-22-2013 07:17 AM

Don't get your hopes up. We are missing several pieces and it usually takes time. Especially when you start a rookie QB. Last year was the exception imo.

Remember...

Dorsey said, "I am going to do everything within my God-given ability that we have as competitive as a team in the NFL as anyone in the NFL. I want to remind them. Please be patient. This is not a sprint. It is a marathon."

and

Reid said, "Before I interviewed with the Chiefs, I looked at every snap from every [Kansas City] game this year. Special teams were average. The talent overall, it looked to me like they were transitioning from an older team to a younger one. And I thought, 'With a couple, three drafts, very good things can happen here."

Expect this to take some time. We are picking first for a reason and it's not just because of the QB.

DC.chief 01-22-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9340844)
Ironically, if we follow the Niners model, we keep Cassel, Reid coaches him up and he drafts a high 2nd round QB. : )

True.. damn I hope not. I think thats very unlikely myself. I'm going to be more positive about this team though and have faith in our new coach/gm to get us to right people. They are the professionals and have a proven record of success. I want Geno at #1 but if they get Joekel and a QB in the 2nd I'll still stand behind them.

mdchiefsfan 01-22-2013 07:24 AM

The 49ers, to me, illustrated the importance of a HC. Singletary had a beast of a team, but couldn't put the pieces together. Harbaugh came in and got the offense clicking with the defense without adding many new parts to the team.

Chiefs=Good 01-22-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9340844)
Ironically, if we follow the Niners model, we keep Cassel, Reid coaches him up and he drafts a high 2nd round QB. : )

I know you probably aren't serious but ill address this anyway. Incorrect. We coach up the number one overall pick into playing at a top 15 level. Cassel is not capable of this and it was only when they had good qb play that they were able to make that jump.

Chiefs=Good 01-22-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9340867)
True.. damn I hope not. I think thats very unlikely myself. I'm going to be more positive about this team though and have faith in our new coach/gm to get us to right people. They are the professionals and have a proven record of success. I want Geno at #1 but if they get Joekel and a QB in the 2nd I'll still stand behind them.

Alex Smith has the talent of a first round pick. He is not the answer at qb, but he does have some talent. Were not talking about the 49rs polishing some absolute turd into a good qb. Furthermore it wasnt until they got a qb with franchise qb ability that they were able to make that jump to the superbowl.

Rausch 01-22-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9340819)
Obvious thread is obvious......

This.

A competent HC/GM pairing can take a loser to the playoffs in one year.

A competent HC/GM pairing can take a loser to a championship game in 2-3 years...

Brainiac 01-22-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9340828)
We are the Chiefs, hope for the best and expect the worst

People with attitudes like that piss me off.

It's pretty ****ing stupid to hold Andy Reid and John Dorsey accountable for the sins of Carl Peterson, Scott *****, Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, and all of the others who used to run this franchise.

The new brain trust is not to blame for the failures that took place here in the past. If you expect the worst, you have a loser mentality.

Dayze 01-22-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340860)
Don't get your hopes up. We are missing several pieces and it usually takes time. Especially when you start a rookie QB. Last year was the exception imo.

Remember...

Dorsey said, "I am going to do everything within my God-given ability that we have as competitive as a team in the NFL as anyone in the NFL. I want to remind them. Please be patient. This is not a sprint. It is a marathon."

and

Reid said, "Before I interviewed with the Chiefs, I looked at every snap from every [Kansas City] game this year. Special teams were average. The talent overall, it looked to me like they were transitioning from an older team to a younger one. And I thought, 'With a couple, three drafts, very good things can happen here."

Expect this to take some time. We are picking first for a reason and it's not just because of the QB.

I think the bold is probably true. I'll tak e a few drafts to flush all the Piolli picks with the exception of Houston and probably Hudson.

WhiteWhale 01-22-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340860)
Don't get your hopes up. We are missing several pieces and it usually takes time. Especially when you start a rookie QB. Last year was the exception imo.

Remember...

Dorsey said, "I am going to do everything within my God-given ability that we have as competitive as a team in the NFL as anyone in the NFL. I want to remind them. Please be patient. This is not a sprint. It is a marathon."

and

Reid said, "Before I interviewed with the Chiefs, I looked at every snap from every [Kansas City] game this year. Special teams were average. The talent overall, it looked to me like they were transitioning from an older team to a younger one. And I thought, 'With a couple, three drafts, very good things can happen here."

Expect this to take some time. We are picking first for a reason and it's not just because of the QB.

Do you know what sandbagging is?

They're sandbagging.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.