ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The GET IN MAH BELLY! Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Matt Flynn rumors: Seahawks would reportedly trade QB (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269212)

Deberg_1990 01-23-2013 07:03 AM

Matt Flynn rumors: Seahawks would reportedly trade QB
 
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/2...umors-seahwaks


http://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/st...82142142918656

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Flynn's strange season in which he went from presumed starter in Seattle to backup to one of the season's best story lines has ended, and not surprisingly, trade talks have swirled around Flynn ever since the Seahawks' season ended.


Not backing down from the rumors, Seattle has reportedly informed Flynn that he indeed is on the trading block and the Seahawks are willing to part ways with the remaining two years of his contract.

But for the many teams in need of an upgrade at the quarterback position, Seattle's quarterback situation has actually convinced other teams to avoid talking potential trades.
Rookie Russell Wilson notably gave the Seahawks a viable, cheap and exciting new face to the franchise at quarterback, and Flynn never really got a chance to prove his worth after signing a three-year, $19.5-million contract in March 2012.

Now, with the option to either trade or cut Flynn, many teams expect Seattle to simple cut the quarterback, opening up the chase for the former backup to Aaron Rodgers with the Green Bay Packers without any team having to send Seattle anything in return.

Teams who are likely interested in keeping as much of the draft picks and young talent that they currently have while pursuing other options at quarterback would certainly prefer to sign Flynn on the open market as opposed to having to give up anything in return.

Flynn, who originally attracted much of the attention pointed his way during a Week 17 start against the Detroit Lions to close out the 2011 season, could land with a number of teams next season, either as a starter or a trustworthy backup.

Teams interested in Flynn in either a starting or backup role could include the New York Jets, Cleveland Browns and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which all missed the playoffs in 2012 and could be looking for a change of tone in their offenses.

pr_capone 01-23-2013 07:05 AM

Do Not Want

WV 01-23-2013 07:07 AM

No thank you to him or Alex Cassel Smith.

Shox 01-23-2013 07:17 AM

I bet they would like to trade him. No team can look at him as an obvious starter which makes his 5.25 million contract next year (not sure about the following) far to expensive. Hawks might as well just cut him loose now and get the pain over with.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 07:20 AM

Of course they're willing to trade him, in this QB-starved NFL, they might be able to get more out of him than they paid, even though he NEVER TOOK A SNAP.

OmahaChief 01-23-2013 07:21 AM

I see another Scott Mitchell / Matt Cassel turnout for Flynn if he is traded.

Ace Gunner 01-23-2013 07:23 AM

He threw 6 TD's during a regular season NFL game. I'd give him a look too if I were Dorsey/Reid.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7syu8TI1F5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 01-23-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9343764)
Of course they're willing to trade him, in this QB-starved NFL, they might be able to get more out of him than they paid, even though he NEVER TOOK A SNAP.

I dont see anyone trading for him with that contract. Ill bet they cut him, then someone brings him in.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9343772)
He threw 6 TD's during a regular season NFL game. I'd give him a look too if I were Dorsey/Reid.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7syu8TI1F5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NO

dirk digler 01-23-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9343739)
No thank you to him or Alex Cassel Smith.

Definitely this. I am tired of getting every teams backups.

BigMeatballDave 01-23-2013 07:37 AM

If Flynn is let go, I'd have no problem with the Chiefs signing him to back-up whoever they draft #1.

rageeumr 01-23-2013 07:52 AM

No one has ever made more money off one game than Matt Flynn.

I wouldn't be excited about a trade or paying his salary, but I trust Dorsey's opinion of the kid. He's seen a hell of a lot more of him than I have.

Ace Gunner 01-23-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9343786)
If Flynn is let go, I'd have no problem with the Chiefs signing him to back-up whoever they draft #1.

He is still under contract until 2015. I would expect the Chiefs will get a veteran WCO type QB in here as BUQB, that would be a guy like Flynn. Thing is, they'd have to trade for him. So then you get into scenarios where you have to justify the trade, maybe use him for a season or two to groom your Geno pick, plug him in later.

But what other WCO type QB's are available? matt hasselbeck is too old, Vick isn't that good. I suppose you could get one of those guys and start Geno, hope you never have to play your BUQB.

Carlota69 01-23-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9343813)
He is still under contract until 2015. I would expect the Chiefs will get a veteran WCO type QB in here as BUQB, that would be a guy like Flynn. Thing is, they'd have to trade for him. So then you get into scenarios where you have to justify the trade, maybe use him for a season or two to groom your Geno pick, plug him in later.

But what other WCO type QB's are available? matt hasselbeck is too old, Vick isn't that good. I suppose you could get one of those guys and start Geno, hope you never have to play your BUQB.

If the Seahawks cut him, then that's the time to go after him. A trade would be unnecessary.

Ace Gunner 01-23-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9343820)
If the Seahawks cut him, then that's the time to go after him. A trade would be unnecessary.

Why do you say the Hawks will cut him. He's being shopped according to rumors. Not sure if anyone is going to make a deal for him as a starter though, and that's where the rub is.

If they don't find a trade partner, he'll BU Wilson, that's what he's doing now.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.