ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Tebow vs. Kaepernick (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269248)

DRU 01-23-2013 11:36 PM

Tebow vs. Kaepernick
 
Tebow does this and everybody is going crazy calling him money hungry and pathetic (and called me an idiot for arguing otherwise.)

Kaepernick does it and nobody cares.

I don't get it. Did everybody suddenly realize it's a perfectly legitimate thing to do, or is it just that if you're a good QB you can do whatever you want and if you're not you can't?

--------

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Jan. 23, 2013 at 06:47 p.m. Updated: Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:26 p.m.

For Colin Kaepernick, anything feels possible. He's on the doorstep of Super Bowl glory and even has his own dangerously predictable Internet meme.

Eric Branch of The San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday that the San Francisco 49ers' starting quarterback has filed to trademark the term "Kaepernicking," per the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

The craze, borne out of Kaepernick's tendency to celebrate touchdowns by flexing his right arm and kissing his bicep, has led to a flood of fan-generated Internet photos copying the pose.

The fad -- which we swear sailors and wrestler-types have been doing for generations -- comes on the heels of Griffining, Bradying, Gronking, and the grandaddy of them all: Tebowing. Reports suggest the societally unnerving streak of "Horsemanning" has nothing to do with the Denver Broncos or their quarterback.

A nation asleep at the wheel barrels onward.

Ebolapox 01-23-2013 11:52 PM

eh, tebow is the QB people love to hate (because of his attitude--you either love him or hate him). kaepernick isn't as polar.

SPchief 01-23-2013 11:55 PM

Sounds like he has a good agent/lawyer

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-24-2013 12:12 AM

Kaepernick can throw passes.

Tebow is a fullback that sometimes tries to throw passes.

silver5liter 01-24-2013 12:44 AM

Its because Kap is the shit and Tebow is a douchebag

Smed1065 01-24-2013 12:46 AM

If you're a good QB you can do whatever you want and if you're not you can't!

Guru 01-24-2013 01:47 AM

I didn't like this guy from the start. Really didn't like him when he did it the first time. Now I hate him.

Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyPhuD 01-24-2013 03:09 AM

I don't particularly favor either, but at least Kaepernick can get laid after he wins a big game.

Guru 01-24-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9346555)
I don't particularly favor either, but at least Kaepernick can get laid after he wins a big game.

Nah he will just Kaepernick himself.

NewChief 01-24-2013 05:28 AM

I heard this morning on the radio that he's making T-shirts, and all proceeds will go to some camp/charity that helps children.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-24-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9346596)
I heard this morning on the radio that he's making T-shirts, and all proceeds will go to some camp/charity that helps children.

That son of a bitch...

ChiliConCarnage 01-24-2013 06:17 AM

Tebow wasn't really unpopular until the national championship game where they built him into some voltron-esque combination of the Dalai Lama, MLK jr, Ghandi, Mother Teresa & Plato. After that he was in the media so much it was unbearable.

However, I digress, this is why Tim Tebow is an asshole

http://www.mypokertube.com/files/pho...bb29bf22L.jpeg

Look as men we all understand a certain set of written rules. If you become a rock star or the most famous football player in America, it's your job to nail every hot chick around possibly while doing rails of coke. Taking pictures with them and flaunting that you're going to do nothing with it is a dick move.

Just touch those cans!! They've already got a system setup where God will forgive your sins. If that were me in that picture I'd already be stripped down to my boxers. Tebow is standing their in Ralph Lauren khakis and a titanium chastity belt

I'd like to send out a tip of the cap to REAL MEN who stuck to the code and have fathered small nation states: Shawn Kemp, Antonio Cromartie, Travis Henry. Well done, sirs

J Diddy 01-24-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9346600)
That son of a bitch...

ROFLROFL

Sorter 01-24-2013 07:48 AM

Additionally, Kaep is making way less money than Tebow. I have no problem with him trying to increase his wages.

mdchiefsfan 01-24-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9346628)
Tebow wasn't really unpopular until the national championship game where they built him into some voltron-esque combination of the Dalai Lama, MLK jr, Ghandi, Mother Teresa & Plato. After that he was in the media so much it was unbearable.

However, I digress, this is why Tim Tebow is an asshole

http://www.mypokertube.com/files/pho...bb29bf22L.jpeg

Look as men we all understand a certain set of written rules. If you become a rock star or the most famous football player in America, it's your job to nail every hot chick around possibly while doing rails of coke. Taking pictures with them and flaunting that you're going to do nothing with it is a dick move.

Just touch those cans!! They've already got a system setup where God will forgive your sins. If that were me in that picture I'd already be stripped down to my boxers. Tebow is standing their in Ralph Lauren khakis and a titanium chastity belt

I'd like to send out a tip of the cap to REAL MEN who stuck to the code and have fathered small nation states: Shawn Kemp, Antonio Cromartie, Travis Henry. Well done, sirs

LMAO


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.