ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics So, you say you aren't just a party line type of person? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269357)

petegz28 01-26-2013 04:59 PM

So, you say you aren't just a party line type of person?

Ok, let's just see how reasonable people here are. I want you to tell us what policies, concepts, beliefs, you support that are championed by an opposing party.

Of course I will start.

As a right leaning person I support the Left on the following...

1. Gay marriage
2. Legalize Pot
3. Streamlined immigration process
4. Abortion for rape and incest victims
5. Stronger background checks on firearms

Bowser 01-26-2013 05:01 PM

What if we consider ourselves someone that walks the line right down the middle?

petegz28 01-26-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9353659)
What if we consider ourselves someone that walks the line right down the middle?

I hear that said a lot but most people lean one way or the other.

La literatura 01-26-2013 05:30 PM

I am a liberal Democrat in most aspects except that I have a moral opposition to abortion and generally support more restrictions on the procedure. I am also more hawkish than I think the current liberal mindset is, and I don't mind military spending levels (although I would rather cut the military than say, gut medicare).

notorious 01-26-2013 05:36 PM

I believe that a person should be able to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't negatively affect another person.

Drugs, guns, sexual orientation, etc. I don't know what party the falls under, but that is what I believe.

It's called freedom and personal responsibility.

pr_capone 01-26-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9353760)
I believe that a person should be able to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't negatively affect another person.

Drugs, guns, sexual orientation, etc. I don't know what party the falls under, but that is what I believe.

It's called freedom and personal responsibility.

DING

DING

DING

patteeu 01-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9353654)
Ok, let's just see how reasonable people here are. I want you to tell us what policies, concepts, beliefs, you support that are championed by an opposing party.

Of course I will start.

1. Gay marriage
2. Legalize Pot

I don't support the left on anything, but I support your first two policy changes.

BigRedChief 01-26-2013 06:15 PM

As a known Obama supporter from the beginning my current political leanings are well known. Maybe you don't know that I was a Republican for 12 years. I was a early supporter of Ronald Reagan over George H. and voted for him twice. Also voted for George H Bush once.

• Support gun rights. No bans on assault weapons or clip limits.
  • Want welfare reform. In favor of getting leeches off the government tit.
  • To the right of most republicans in support of Israel.
  • Think we should hunt down and kill every single member of Al-Quada until they renounce the destruction of the USA.
  • Strong supporter of the military.

Rain Man 01-26-2013 06:20 PM

If it's a social issue, I lean left. If it's a fiscal issue, I lean right. I really need a new American political party to vote for.

BucEyedPea 01-26-2013 06:37 PM

I am with the left on:
Civil liberties as in anti-patriot act, NDAA ( also with libertarians )
anti-war (currently) ( also with libertarians )
pot - legal by state including mine ( also with libertarians )
anti-empire and hegemony ( also with libertarians )
some military cuts ( also with libertarians )
and anti-police state which means new security issues under the WoT ( also with libertarians )
anti Nafta, Gatt and WTO ( also with libertarians )
anti-crony capitalism ( also with libertarians )

Side with Liberatarians:

Gay marriage - neutral which means govt out of marriage; also keep it a state issue
Free-market capitalism - what we don't have even under Republicans; no mixed economy crap
Anti-central banking
Anti-Keynesian economics
I do not subscribe to the idea of doing whatever one wants if it doesn't harm another directly or immediately across the board.

Neither party:
Originalist interpretation of our Constitution
End birth right citizenship

CrazyPhuD 01-26-2013 06:39 PM

I am a party line person...the challenge is my party has only one member.

Comrade Crapski 01-26-2013 06:43 PM

Neither party represents me.

Bowser 01-26-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9353864)
If it's a social issue, I lean left. If it's a fiscal issue, I lean right. I really need a new American political party to vote for.

This is a good summary of how I feel, as well.

Prison Bitch 01-26-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

The Left doesn't support that proposal. That is a traditional Republican idea, opposed only by the Relgious Right portion of the party's voters. So this one doesn't really count.

HolyHandgernade 01-26-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Of course I will start.

1. Gay marriage
2. Legalize Pot
3. Streamlined immigration process
5. Stronger background checks on firearms

In other words, you support most of the humane and sane parts of the Left.

I believe there are people who "sponge off the system", though I don't think it is nearly as high of a number as most on the Right believe it is. I believe there is waste in the system, though I don't think the Right looks in the places where the largest abuses are taking place.

Honestly, the Right abandoned most of the sane and humane aspects the party used to champion, which is why I left it.