ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Legal AZ House of Reps Introduce Bill To Require Loyalty Oath To Graduate High School (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269358)

listopencil 01-26-2013 06:15 PM

AZ House of Reps Introduce Bill To Require Loyalty Oath To Graduate High School

Arizona House Bill 2467. Introduced by Representatives Thorpe, Borrelli, Seel, Shope, Smith: Dial, Livingston, Senator Crandell:

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Title 15, chapter 7, article 1, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding section 15-701.03, to read:

15-701.03. Graduation requirement; constitutional oath

Beginning in the 2013‑2014 school year, In addition to fulfilling the course of study and assessment requirements prescribed in this chapter, before a pupil is allowed to graduate from a public high school in this state, the principal or head teacher of the school shall verify in writing that the pupil has recited the following oath:

I, _________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; So help me God.

http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBil..._Number=HB2467

http://legiscan.com/AZ/text/HB2467

KC native 01-26-2013 06:16 PM

yeaaaaaaa.......ummmmmmmm.....ok

LiveSteam 01-26-2013 06:16 PM

Those poor big bang theory peoples

KC native 01-26-2013 06:17 PM

Oh, and **** Arizona. Some of the stupidest lawmakers in the entire country.

Bowser 01-26-2013 06:18 PM

So will Arizona sue if the kids taking the oath don't fullfill said oath at some time in their lives?

La literatura 01-26-2013 06:23 PM

LMAO

listopencil 01-26-2013 06:24 PM

It's a double whammy. They are trying to make kids take what is essentially a military or public service oath, and do so by swearing to God. Failure to make this oath keeps you from graduating. I have seen comments that the politicians are working on dropping the "so help me God" part of the oath, as that might cause the most difficulty for them if not make the law completely unenforceable. Even without that it's troubling.

listopencil 01-26-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9353714)
So will Arizona sue if the kids taking the oath don't fullfill said oath at some time in their lives?

I would seriously doubt that anyone has thought that far ahead.

listopencil 01-26-2013 06:33 PM

Just for reference, I grabbed this off of...

http://www.military.com/join-armed-f...y-service.html

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers):

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to he same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Bowser 01-26-2013 06:40 PM

Yeah, sounds like Representatives Thorpe, Borrelli, Seel, Shope, Smith: Dial, Livingston, and Senator Crandell thought this dumb shit up after having themselves a hell of a tequilla and stripper party one night.

"You know what's wrong with these ****ing kids these days? No discipline! Goddmaned little whiny ****s! Not like the lot of us, that all served in the military!"

*resounding chorus of YEAH'S fill the room*

"**** this shit, y'all! WE make the rules here! Let's make these little emo bitches recite an oath to the country when they future failures all graduate!"

*thunderous **** YES'S fill the titty bar*

"LET'S DO THIS SHIT, BY GO......Hold on, Mercedes! Save that for the Champagne room, girl! Damn!"

listopencil 01-26-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9353771)
Yeah, sounds like Representatives Thorpe, Borrelli, Seel, Shope, Smith: Dial, Livingston, and Senator Crandell thought this dumb shit up after having themselves a hell of a tequilla and stripper party one night.

"You know what's wrong with these ****ing kids these days? No discipline! Goddmaned little whiny ****s! Not like the lot of us, that all served in the military!"

*resounding chorus of YEAH'S fill the room*

"**** this shit, y'all! WE make the rules here! Let's make these little emo bitches recite an oath to the country when they future failures all graduate!"

*thunderous **** YES'S fill the titty bar*

"LET'S DO THIS SHIT, BY GO......Hold on, Mercedes! Save that for the Champagne room, girl! Damn!"

I saw a link to this and thought, "No way. It has to be fake. That has got to be some of the most retarded shit I have ever heard of. They can't be that ****ing stupid." I haven't found anything disputing it yet though.

notorious 01-26-2013 07:20 PM

WTF?

It's stupid shit like this that make the middle road voters go against the Pubs.

They just need to STFU.

cosmo20002 01-26-2013 07:20 PM

American Taliban

KChiefer 01-26-2013 07:31 PM

These guys could use a little less Jingoism and a little more Jindalism.

CrazyPhuD 01-26-2013 07:32 PM

Are they allowed to recite it in spanish?