ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Cell phone help! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269416)

ThaVirus 01-28-2013 02:16 PM

Cell phone help!
 
So I was downtown on Saturday night and happened to find a cell phone on the ground. Honest to God, I found it on the ground right next to my car and no one was around. The glass was all smashed to shit and it was missing the battery and SIM card so there's basically no way for me to find its original owner.

Its a Galaxy SIII so I'd hate to have to throw it away; what are my options?

Like I said, the glass would have to be replaced and it would need a new battery. Also, its a Sprint phone while I have T-Mobile. Would that create some issues?

It has some scratches on the outsides, not including the glass. So even if I fixed up the glass, it would still have some serious wear and tear. Is it worth it to fix it up and sell it? I currently have the 1st generation Galaxy and wouldn't mind an updated phone. Could I fix it up and use it myself (basically, how do you go about changing the phone's setting from Sprint to T-Mobile?)?

SLAG 01-28-2013 02:23 PM

You can't use a sprint phone on t-mobile unfortunatly -

you might be able to get a few bucks ( 50-60 or more )off ebay for it

bevischief 01-28-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9358842)
So I was downtown on Saturday night and happened to find a cell phone on the ground. Honest to God, I found it on the ground right next to my car and no one was around. The glass was all smashed to shit and it was missing the battery and SIM card so there's basically no way for me to find its original owner.

Its a Galaxy SIII so I'd hate to have to throw it away; what are my options?

Like I said, the glass would have to be replaced and it would need a new battery. Also, its a Sprint phone while I have T-Mobile. Would that create some issues?

It has some scratches on the outsides, not including the glass. So even if I fixed up the glass, it would still have some serious wear and tear. Is it worth it to fix it up and sell it? I currently have the 1st generation Galaxy and wouldn't mind an updated phone. Could I fix it up and use it myself (basically, how do you go about changing the phone's setting from Sprint to T-Mobile?)?

It illegal now to unlock a phone with the Carriers permission. Unless it is a LTE is the only way to possibility reuse it. I would ditch the phone you never know the story of that phone.

Mr. Laz 01-28-2013 02:38 PM

if it was missing the sim and battery then something is funky

it wasn't just lost

ThaVirus 01-28-2013 02:47 PM

That's what I was thinking but why take the battery and SIM to leave the most expensive part? These things go for $500+ brand new. Guess I'll just toss it... that sucks...

kepp 01-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9358907)
if it was missing the sim and battery then something is funky

it wasn't just lost

Exactly what I was thinking. That's what spies do when they realize they're being tailed. Is there a dark van parked outside your window?

Fish 01-28-2013 02:55 PM

What does it smell like?

KChiefer 01-28-2013 07:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sprint phones don't have SIM cards. Maybe you're thinking the SD card slot is a SIM slot. Even if you replaced the screen, you wouldn't be able to activate it for your own use.

Anyways, it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

WhitiE 01-28-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9359800)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sprint phones don't have SIM cards. Maybe you're thinking the SD card slot is a SIM slot. Even if you replaced the screen, you wouldn't be able to activate it for your own use.

Anyways, it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Yup

DaveNull 01-28-2013 10:28 PM

Since it's worthless to you, take it to the closest sprint store. Somewhere there's some poor bastard that had insurance on that thing to protect against it breaking but not loss.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2013 12:50 PM

Does anyone know how to get out of mobile view at CP? User CP shows no options for changing back once committed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2013 12:50 PM

Oh, and Opera Mini is teh awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish 01-29-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9362056)
Does anyone know how to get out of mobile view at CP? User CP shows no options for changing back once committed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mobile view is simply an alternate url address. Change the address in the address bar from m.chiefsplanet.com to www.chiefsplanet.com.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-29-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9362503)
Mobile view is simply an alternate url address. Change the address in the address bar from m.chiefsplanet.com to www.chiefsplanet.com.

thx brah
Posted via Mobile Device


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.