ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics DHS places and order for 7k select-fire rifles for personal defense (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269434)

pr_capone 01-29-2013 05:56 AM

DHS places and order for 7k select-fire rifles for personal defense
 
On 7 June 2012, the Department of Homeland security drew up a proposal to purchase 7k select-fire rifles in a 5.56x45mm caliber. In that proposal, the rifles are described as follows:

"DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required." (Section C(PDW)ver 7.pdf - available in the below link)

Suitable for personal defense in close quarters or maximum concealment, eh? Sounds like a kind of situation one might encounter in their own home and faced with an intruder.

It seems as if in the eyes of the government these are select-fire personal defense tools in the hands of one of their agents. In the hands of a good law abiding citizens they are semi-automatic assault rifle mass killing machines.

Link:

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d791b6aa0fd9d3d8833b2efa08300033&tab=core&_cview=0


https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...24359608_o.png

A Salt Weapon 01-29-2013 06:34 AM

Some animals are more equal than others.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cave Johnson 01-29-2013 07:00 AM

Hellfire missiles for everyone!!1!

pr_capone 01-29-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9360943)
Hellfire missiles for everyone!!1!

Reading isn't one of your strengths... is it?

Cave Johnson 01-29-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9360953)
Reading isn't one of your strengths... is it?

Your "point", such that it is, is that it's hypocritical for the government to have armaments not available to the general public.

It's a stupid argument, ftr. Protecting yourself against some methhead home invader in the armpit that is Wichita doesn't require the same firepower as a SEAL team raid in Abbottabad.

Direckshun 01-29-2013 08:14 AM

And why does the government get to jail people, but when I do it it's "imprisonment"?

Huh? Hm?

notorious 01-29-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9360986)
Your "point", such that it is, is that it's hypocritical for the government to have armaments not available to the general public.

It's a stupid argument, ftr. Protecting yourself against some methhead home invader in the armpit that is Witchita doesn't require the same firepower as a SEAL team raid in Abbottabad.

It isn't the same firepower.

"Select Fire"

Look it up and get back to us when you are more educated on the subject.

Direckshun 01-29-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9361019)
It isn't the same firepower.

"Select Fire"

Look it up and get back to us when you are more educated on the subject.

This is nonsense.

Every citizen should have the same access to the same weaponry as DHS officials, I assume, is your argument.

notorious 01-29-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9361030)
This is nonsense.

Every citizen should have the same access to the same weaponry as DHS officials, I assume, is your argument.

No, it isn't.

You can get access if you have every single facet of you history checked by ATF.

God forbid that a perfect citizen should own an automatic weapon.

:facepalm:

You guys have lost this round of gun control. Stop your bitching and go back to your rooms and finish your homework.

Direckshun 01-29-2013 08:29 AM

Didn't exactly answer my question, did you.

Should every citizen should have the same access to the same firearms as DHS officials.

LiveSteam 01-29-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9360986)
Your "point", such that it is, is that it's hypocritical for the government to have armaments not available to the general public.

Look here dummy. This type of ammo is not allowed in our own ARMED FORCES & IS BANNED BY THE UN.
It is for 1 thing & 1 thing only. To be used against America.

petegz28 01-29-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9361030)
This is nonsense.

Every citizen should have the same access to the same weaponry as DHS officials, I assume, is your argument.

No, dickhead. But it's rather hard for DHS to claim they have them for "personal defense" then turn around and say you can't have them for "personal defense".

Direckshun 01-29-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9361086)
But it's rather hard for DHS to claim they have them for "personal defense" then turn around and say you can't have them for "personal defense".

Why?

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9361093)
Why?

http://resources2.news.com.au/images...nist-china.jpg

stonedstooge 01-29-2013 08:56 AM

FEinstien said yesterday that in her bill, people will not be allowed to have weapons like the military has. Does she not know that the assault rifles sold to the general public are not like the rifles used by the military?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.