ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics 3-D TV's (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269550)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 04:52 PM

3-D TV's
 
Is the 3-D anywhere near the quality of those in the movie theatres? Anywhere close at all? And what are the good brands that some of you guys have? I'm considering moving on up if they're worth a shit.

Gadzooks 01-31-2013 04:53 PM

Are you in the 1%?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9368535)
Are you in the 1%?

Financially? **** no. So you're saying they still suck. See, I figured the movie theatres would too, but I was BLOWN away when I decided to go and actually see The Hobbit in 3-D. I hoped. Dammit, I hoped.

Bwana 01-31-2013 05:14 PM

I was looking at them about a year and a half ago and was not blown away at all. I took a pass, but they may be more impressive by now. For the kind of Jack they were looking to get out of them at that point, I would have had to of sprung a full boy, that didn't happen.

dilligaf 01-31-2013 05:21 PM

Ive had a Samsung Plasma 50" 3d for two years now. I like it. Directv has a few 3d channels includeing ESPN. Pretty cool watching Football in 3d.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 05:53 PM

I'm gonna have to go to Best Buy and check them out myself. I really dug the Hobbit in 3-D with that surround sound. It was easily the best movie experience ever, and I was very impressed. These bad boys run north of 1500-2000?

Bwana 01-31-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368672)
I'm gonna have to go to Best Buy and check them out myself. I really dug the Hobbit in 3-D with that surround sound. It was easily the best movie experience ever, and I was very impressed. These bad boys run north of 1500-2000?

If that's the case, they have come way down. The one I was looking at back then was over 5K. :shake:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9368684)
If that's the case, they have come way down. The one I was looking at back then was over 5K. :shake:

Oh, ****. I haven't checked. I was just curious. No ****ing way I'm spending that kind of jack on the poison box. I don't watch THAT much TV. Football would be awesome, but I can't justify that kind of money.

Bwana 01-31-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368690)
Oh, ****. I haven't checked. I was just curious. No ****ing way I'm spending that kind of jack on the poison box. I don't watch THAT much TV. Football would be awesome, but I can't justify that kind of money.

Edit: I just ran a search, they are WAY down. 1-2K.

Third Eye 01-31-2013 07:23 PM

Pretty much any new and sufficiently large enough tv you buy these days is going to be 3d. I wasn't looking for 3d at all when I bought mine, it just so happened that every new tv I looked at had it. I don't use the 3d functionality much, but when I first got we rented a few just to check it out. Some releases were quite impressive, but most were just meh. Black Ops II on the Xbox was pretty cool, but there aren't many quality video game titles that offer it.

BigMeatballDave 01-31-2013 08:28 PM

My son's stepdad has one.

It's an LG. The glasses are the same as the theatre uses.

Very high quality.

Chazno 01-31-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368537)
Financially? **** no. So you're saying they still suck. See, I figured the movie theatres would too, but I was BLOWN away when I decided to go and actually see The Hobbit in 3-D. I hoped. Dammit, I hoped.

If you saw the High-Frame rate version, you won't be able to match that quality at home for a while 3DTV or not.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.