ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Int'l Issues UN Human Rights Council: Israel in violation of law, is approaching apartheid status. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269553)

Direckshun 01-31-2013 07:17 PM

UN Human Rights Council: Israel in violation of law, is approaching apartheid status.
 
As would surprise nobody who's refused to turn a blind eye to the plight of Palestinians, a UN council has examined what can only be charitably called modern day Palestine, and finds it in drastic, desperate denial of basic human rights.

The criticism stems largely from the settlement expansion, which remains a tremendous blight on the country.

It also takes note of settler terrorism, and how even basic infrastructure in Palestine, most notably schools, are poorly protected and are essentially in tatters.

If this isn't apartheid, people, it's right on the doorsteps.

The report: http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBod...ettlements.pdf

From the conclusions section:

Quote:

103. The settlements are established and developed for the exclusive benefit of Israeli Jews; settlements are being maintained and developed through a system of total segregation between the settlers and the rest of the population living in the OPT. This system of segregation is supported and facilitated by a strict military and law enforcement control to the detriment of the rights of the Palestinian population.

104. The Mission considers that in relation to the settlements Israel is committing serious breaches of its obligations under the right to self-determination and "certain obligations under international humantarian law", including the obligation not to transfer its population into the POT.

105. The existence of the settlements has had a heavy toll on the rights of the Palestinians. Their rights to freedom of self-determination, non-discrimination, freedom of movement, equality, due process, fair trial, not to be arbitrarily detained, liberty and security of person, freedom of expression, freedom to access places of worship, education, water, housing, adequate standard of living, property, access to natural resources and effective remedy are being violated consistently and on a daily basis.

106. The volume of information received on dispossession, evictions, demolitions and displacement points to the magnitude of these practices. There are particularly widespread in certain areas and acute in East Jerusalem.

107. The Mission has noted that the identities of settlers who are responsible for violence and intimidation are known to the Israeli authorities, yet these acts continue with impunity. There is institutionalised discrimination against the Palestinian people when it comes to addressing violence. The Mission believes that the motivation behind this violence and the intimidation against the Palestinians as well as their properties is to drive the local populations away from their lands and allow the settlements to expand.

108. The Mission is gravely concerned at the high number of children who are apprehended or detained, including for minor offences. They are invariably mistreated, denied due process and fair trial. In violation of international law they are transferred to detention centers in Israel.

109. Children suffer harrassment, violence and encounter significant obstacles in attending educational institutions, which limits their right to access education.
Quote:

111. Women alone intheir homes, the Bedouins and other vulnerable groups are easy targets for settler violence, creating a sense of insecurity amongst the wider Palestinian society.
Brutal.

HonestChieffan 01-31-2013 07:30 PM

**** the UN

Comrade Crapski 01-31-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9368704)
As would surprise nobody who's refused to turn a blind eye to the plight of Palestinians, a UN council has examined what can only be charitably called modern day Palestine, and finds it in drastic, desperate denial of basic human rights.

The criticism stems largely from the settlement expansion, which remains a tremendous blight on the country.

It also takes note of settler terrorism, and how even basic infrastructure in Palestine, most notably schools, are poorly protected and are essentially in tatters.

If this isn't apartheid, people, it's right on the doorsteps.

The report: http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/HRBod...ettlements.pdf

From the conclusions section:





Brutal.

YOU ARE A F'N MORON.

petegz28 01-31-2013 07:52 PM

Um, this story don't count because Drudge had it on his site

BigRedChief 01-31-2013 08:04 PM

Apartheid is coming. Everyone knows it. The Arabs will outnumber the Jews. The Jews can;t allow one person one vote. They will lose their Jewish state and identity. They will not allow that to happen.

What will happen is a democracy for Jews only state. Which is reality it is already.

Garcia Bronco 01-31-2013 08:36 PM

Tthe UNHRC is a corrupt body within the UN. I am actually surprised someone has the nerve to quote them.

ForeverChiefs58 02-01-2013 01:31 AM

The palestinians would be so much better off just moving back to Jordan

ForeverChiefs58 02-01-2013 01:32 AM

Oh yeah

**** the UN, **** the POS palestinians, and all their POS supporters. Especially Direcshun.

go bowe 02-01-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9368779)
Apartheid is coming. Everyone knows it. The Arabs will outnumber the Jews. The Jews can;t allow one person one vote. They will lose their Jewish state and identity. They will not allow that to happen.

What will happen is a democracy for Jews only state. Which is reality it is already.

yep, bibi says the palestinians must accept a jewish state (of israel) as a condition for any resumption of talks...

patteeu 02-01-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9368843)
Tthe UNHRC is a corrupt body within the UN. I am actually surprised someone has the nerve to quote them.

Yep. Direckshun has no shame when it comes to this topic.

Amnorix 02-01-2013 01:14 PM

I'm not terribly familiar with Israeli citizenship laws, but do they actually allow non-Jewish citizens? Seems....odd...

go bowe 02-01-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9370355)
I'm not terribly familiar with Israeli citizenship laws, but do they actually allow non-Jewish citizens? Seems....odd...

yes, there are many arab israelis, which poses a long term threat to the jewish state...

ForeverChiefs58 02-02-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9370355)
I'm not terribly familiar with Israeli citizenship laws, but do they actually allow non-Jewish citizens? Seems....odd...

They allow palestinians and arabs to both live and work there.

Then they take the payroll taxes they collect from the palestinians who work there and give it to the PA that wants their destruckshun

They also collect taxes from the palestinians who use their ports and give it back to palestinians.


They collect customs duties and the "value-added tax" on imports that came through Israeli ports. If those imports end up in the Palestinian areas, Israel turns that money over to the PA.

Israel also sends back the value-added tax that Palestinians pay for Israeli goods, as well as any excise taxes that Palestinians have to pay for fuel, cigarettes, and alcohol.


The PA gets back more than three-quarters of the money withheld from the paychecks of Palestinians who work across the border.


Israel also provides electricity and telephone service to the Palestinians

They do this for peace and it doesn't work.

patteeu 02-02-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9371985)
They allow palestinians and arabs to both live and work there.

Then they take the payroll taxes they collect from the palestinians who work there and give it to the PA that wants their destruckshun

They also collect taxes from the palestinians who use their ports and give it back to palestinians.


They collect customs duties and the "value-added tax" on imports that came through Israeli ports. If those imports end up in the Palestinian areas, Israel turns that money over to the PA.

Israel also sends back the value-added tax that Palestinians pay for Israeli goods, as well as any excise taxes that Palestinians have to pay for fuel, cigarettes, and alcohol.


The PA gets back more than three-quarters of the money withheld from the paychecks of Palestinians who work across the border.


Israel also provides electricity and telephone service to the Palestinians

They do this for peace and it doesn't work.

Brutal.

LiveSteam 02-02-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9371985)
They allow palestinians and arabs to both live and work there.

Then they take the payroll taxes they collect from the palestinians who work there and give it to the PA that wants their destruckshun

They also collect taxes from the palestinians who use their ports and give it back to palestinians.


They collect customs duties and the "value-added tax" on imports that came through Israeli ports. If those imports end up in the Palestinian areas, Israel turns that money over to the PA.

Israel also sends back the value-added tax that Palestinians pay for Israeli goods, as well as any excise taxes that Palestinians have to pay for fuel, cigarettes, and alcohol.


The PA gets back more than three-quarters of the money withheld from the paychecks of Palestinians who work across the border.


Israel also provides electricity and telephone service to the Palestinians

They do this for peace and it doesn't work.


All crimes against humanity :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.