ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Why do people like Chris Christie? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269558)

Chocolate Hog 01-31-2013 08:54 PM

Why do people like Chris Christie?
 
I've never seen this guy say anything thoughtful and he always seems angry. Why is he so appealing to confused peopled like Kotter?

Brock 01-31-2013 08:55 PM

Charisma. Plus he looks like Jeff Garland.

BigRedChief 01-31-2013 09:16 PM

He seems to tell it like it is. People want politicians to tell them the truth. But, the reality is that the people can't handle the truth.

eg. every politician will raise our taxes no matter how many times they promise to not raise our taxes.

stevenidol 01-31-2013 09:48 PM

Just to piss you off.

KILLER_CLOWN 01-31-2013 09:54 PM

I couldn't tell you, a dumbass for sure if you ask me.

Taco John 01-31-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9369065)
I've never seen this guy say anything thoughtful and he always seems angry. Why is he so appealing to confused peopled like Kotter?

Kotter blows in the wind (I'm talking about his politics, not his hobbies). He blew from Clinton, to Bush, to Obama, and now to Christie. Right now, Christie is the cult of personality politician of the moment - and for good reason - personality he's got. I personally like a lot of the stuff he says. Kotter would hate it if that stuff came from the mouth of someone less charismatic. But since Christie can say it and still come across as affable, Kotter creams his shorts over it.

cosmo20002 01-31-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9369065)
Why do people like Chris Christie?

I've never seen this guy say anything thoughtful and he always seems angry.

I think you answered your own question.

Prison Bitch 01-31-2013 11:59 PM

Takes on greedy public unions

CoMoChief 02-01-2013 06:21 AM

People like him because most people are sheep who like youtube sensations and reality TV stars.

Christie became a youtube sensation when he called out that dumb bitch during that teachers union town hall meeting.

chiefforlife 02-01-2013 08:07 AM

He comes off as straight forward, doesnt speak the party line if he disagrees with them. Says what he thinks, refreshing.
Seems to care about doing his job more than his political aspirations.

Mr. Kotter 02-01-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9369102)
He seems to tell it like it is. People want politicians to tell them the truth. But, the reality is that the people can't handle the truth....

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 9369749)
He comes off as straight forward, doesnt speak the party line if he disagrees with them. Says what he thinks, refreshing.

Seems to care about doing his job more than his political aspirations.

This. Rabid ideologues who do nothing but engage in disingenuous demogoguery and the politics of the lunatic fringe....don't understand that representative democracy requires consensus and compromise--working together for a common good. Instead, they insist on a narrow and rigid approach to government that renders it impotent. Their greed and myopia is only focused on themselves and if that screws over anyone else....then so be it. They are--the RWNJ dittoheads on the right, and the Moonbat bleeding hearts on the left. You know...the extremist whack jobs who post here far too often.

Whack jobs like that spooge gurgling closeted sausage-smoking pillowbitergot who masterbates to Ron Paul posters and the rantings of Lew Rockwell....the one who calls himself Taco John....

Easy 6 02-01-2013 11:10 AM

Used to love him, but he once said something nice about Obama or some other dem, so i now hate his guts/DC hard righter

Mr. Kotter 02-01-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9370232)
Used to love him, but he once said something nice about Obama or some other dem, so i now hate his guts/DC hard righter

Yep...moderation, consensus, compromise? WTH???

Lunatic fringe douchebags prefer dogma and gridlock over effective governance.....

Taco John 02-01-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9370229)
This. Rabid ideologues who do nothing but engage in disingenuous demogoguery and the politics of the lunatic fringe....don't understand that representative democracy requires consensus and compromise--working together for a common good. Instead, they insist on a narrow and rigid approach to government that renders it impotent. Their greed and myopia is only focused on themselves and if that screws over anyone else....then so be it. They are--the RWNJ dittoheads on the right, and the Moonbat bleeding hearts on the left. You know...the extremist whack jobs who post here far too often.

Whack jobs like that spooge gurgling closeted sausage-smoking pillowbitergot who masterbates to Ron Paul posters and the rantings of Lew Rockwell....the one who calls himself Taco John....


No one takes you seriously.

Clinton
Bush II
Obama
Christie

It's easy to compromise when your only criteria for compromise is voting for whoever is popular at the moment. Some of us, though, actually have values.

Mr. Kotter 02-01-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9370538)
No one takes you seriously.

Clinton
Bush II
Obama
Christie

It's easy to compromise when your only criteria for compromise is voting for whoever is popular at the moment. Some of us, though, actually have values.

Dogma and rigid ideological extemism is not the same as "values." The only values you seem to have is a naive and misguided faith that anarchy masquerading as "libertarianism" is a cogent and realistic approach managing our nation.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.