ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269569)

petegz28 02-01-2013 07:20 AM

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers

The Newtown Board of Education will be asking the town to make room for more armed police officers in its budget.

In a meeting Thursday, the board voted to request the town to add full time uniformed school resource officers to its four elementary school s for the next fiscal year was approved this evening.
The officers would be Newtown police officers.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures areput in place,” said Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Multiple police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the December 14th shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary killed twenty children and 6 teachers. Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year. For the next fiscal year, resource officers were budgeted only to be at Middle and High Schools.

Parents say security involves more than a police presence. “My main concern is with accessibility to these school, said Neil Johnson, a parent of two Newtown students. “On december 14th that was the main bare-boned reason that occurred.”

“After what happened in our community, i just think we should go over and above and provide a shining example for the rest of the world and protect our kids,” said resident Donna Lorenz.
Members of the Board of Education will be meeting Friday with state and federal officials on securing additions funding for school security.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...320221.html?dr

Ace Gunner 02-01-2013 07:25 AM

prison style is good for everyone

blaise 02-01-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9369604)

It's their town, their school, their board. If the people there don't like it they can change it.

durtyrute 02-01-2013 07:49 AM

http://ego-maniac.com/wp-content/upl...-Excellent.jpg

Direckshun 02-01-2013 08:02 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1274

mnchiefsguy 02-01-2013 09:00 AM

Awww....poor Deflection has his panties all in a bunch, because parents in Newtown might just believe that guns can be used for self defense. It is a local NBC new story, give it a rest.

pr_capone 02-01-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9369604)

Betcha the students and parents in Atlanta were thrilled that there was an armed guard at the school yesterday.

Ace Gunner 02-01-2013 10:40 AM

betcha if we put police everywhere we will have spent unwisely. I got no problem with police or policing. I got big problem with police stationed at the malls, the schools, the airports, the.. the.. the..

growing gov't is not good. k. JFC they are the most inefficient means to an end, most folks agree. they can't even deliver mail without going bankrupt.

We have the laws, we have the records (see the thread breaking down crime stats in mass. and note 80% of all violent crime comes from folks already in the DOJ system) and we don't make the DOJ accountable.

Yet, you want me to sign off on more police, more DOJ lawlessness. No.

Make the DOJ work as is except you know, uh, better, put trained physicians back in charge of DOJ appointed nuthouses for the nuts like spanky at sandy hook and call me in the morning.

listopencil 02-01-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9370143)
betcha if we put police everywhere we will have spent unwisely. I got no problem with police or policing. I got big problem with police stationed at the malls, the schools, the airports, the.. the.. the..

growing gov't is not good. k. JFC they are the most inefficient means to an end, most folks agree. they can't even deliver mail without going bankrupt.

We have the laws, we have the records (see the thread breaking down crime stats in mass. and note 80% of all violent crime comes from folks already in the DOJ system) and we don't make the DOJ accountable.

Make the DOJ work as is except you know, uh, better, put trained physicians back in charge of DOJ appointed nuthouses for the nuts like spanky at sandy hook and call me in the morning.

Meanwhile, the citizens of the Sandy Hook community agree with the NRA.

blaise 02-01-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

I don't think the DOJ is putting the guards at the Newtown school. Probably local police that they're budgeting for.

Ace Gunner 02-01-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9370206)
I don't think the DOJ is putting the guards at the Newtown school. Probably local police that they're budgeting for.

have you ever been arrested for gross stupidity.

pr_capone 02-01-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

as I understand it... it was an off duty LEO working security. this wasn't the police stationing the guy at that school.

Quote:

agreed. big govt sucks.

Quote:

agreed here as well.

Quote:

I never said that. But I have no problem with a school hiring an off duty police officer as a guard if they choose to do so.

Quote:

agreed

blaise 02-01-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9370224)
have you ever been arrested for gross stupidity.

No, have you ever tried to compare a school hiring an armed guard with their own money to a gigantic Federal law enforcement bureau's problems?

cosmo20002 02-01-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9369732)

LMAO I love these posts.

notorious 02-01-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9370199)
Meanwhile, the citizens of the Sandy Hook community agree with the NRA.

This

Why did the NRA get a shitstorm of flak again?