ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Someone Just Leaked Obama's Rules for Assassinating American Citizens (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269699)

Taco John 02-05-2013 12:51 AM

Someone Just Leaked Obama's Rules for Assassinating American Citizens

Mike Riggs|Feb. 4, 2013 9:36 pm

For over a year now journalists, civil liberties advocates, and members of Congress have been asking the Obama administration to release internal memoranda from the Office of Legal Counsel justifying Obama's targeted killing program. While the White House continues to deny that such memos exist, NBC is reporting that it has acquired the next best thing: A secretish 16-page white paper from the Department of Justice that was provided to select members of the Senate last June.

Michael Isikoff reports that
[t]he 16-page memo, a copy of which was obtained by NBC News, provides new details about the legal reasoning behind one of the Obama administration’s most secretive and controversial polices: its dramatically increased use of drone strikes against al-Qaida suspects, including those aimed at American citizens, such as the September 2011 strike in Yemen that killed alleged al-Qaida operatives Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan. Both were U.S. citizens who had never been indicted by the U.S. government nor charged with any crimes.

[T]he confidential Justice Department “white paper” introduces a more expansive definition of self-defense or imminent attack than described by Brennan or Holder in their public speeches. It refers, for example, to what it calls a “broader concept of imminence” than actual intelligence about any ongoing plot against the U.S. homeland.

Instead, it says, an “informed, high-level” official of the U.S. government may determine that the targeted American has been “recently” involved in “activities” posing a threat of a violent attack and “there is no evidence suggesting that he has renounced or abandoned such activities.” The memo does not define “recently” or “activities.”
Full memo:
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...hite_Paper.pdf

Taco John 02-05-2013 12:54 AM

“The condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future,” the memo states."

Scary. I wonder if the Republicans use this as an opportunity to start impeachment proceedings.

ClevelandBronco 02-05-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9379253)
“The condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future,” the memo states."

Scary. I wonder if the Republicans use this as an opportunity to start impeachment proceedings.

Yep. I can hardly believe their short sightedness. I stopped dead (so to speak) at that same statement. Incredible.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269697

Direckshun 02-05-2013 01:10 AM

Q

go bowe 02-05-2013 01:26 AM

double Q...

J Diddy 02-05-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9379253)

I'm curious if you've just gone senile or you are deliberately trying to make this board as shitty as yours. For christ sakes it's in the top 10 in DC dumbass.

ClevelandBronco 02-05-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9379272)
I'm curious if you've just gone senile or you are deliberately trying to make this board as shitty as yours. For christ sakes it's in the top 10 in DC dumbass.

In the light of this remarkable threat to our own citizens you're outraged at ... Taco?

J Diddy 02-05-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9379276)
In the light of this remarkable threat to our own citizens you're outraged at ... Taco?

I am not only not outraged at Taco, I am equally not outraged at you.

ClevelandBronco 02-05-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9379277)
I am not only not outraged at Taco, I am equally not outraged at you.

What a relief. Dumb****.

J Diddy 02-05-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9379279)
What a relief. Dumb****.

Coming from you that is a huge, huge, huge complement.

Really? What is the outrage here? That they've targeted terrorists?

You people are the same dumbshits who say blow them away when they pull into your driveway late at night, but now you wish to extend courtesy? I say **** you and your double standards with a bowl of ice cream and some milk. More than likely they saved lives.

ClevelandBronco 02-05-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9379282)
Coming from you that is a huge, huge, huge complement.

Really? What is the outrage here? That they've targeted terrorists?

You people are the same dumbshits who say blow them away when they pull into your driveway late at night, but now you wish to extend courtesy? I say **** you and your double standards with a bowl of ice cream and some milk. More than likely they saved lives.

They aren't targeting terrorists, you ****ing simpleton. They're targeting citizens that they are guessing might think about being terrorists and we can just take their word for it, thank you very much.

J Diddy 02-05-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9379286)
They aren't targeting terrorists, you ****ing simpleton. They're targeting citizens that they are guessing might think about being terrorists and we can just take their word for it, thank you very much.

Hmm, I'm confused so " alleged al quida operatives" aren't terrorists? What are they then, girl scouts?

That's a nice theory, lol. And you called me a simpleton?

It's funny how you demand proof, yet your conspiracy theory is all the proof you need.

ClevelandBronco 02-05-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9379290)
Hmm, I'm confused so " alleged al quida operatives" aren't terrorists? What are they then, girl scouts?

They are citizens who have a right to due process, whether or not the government suspects - suspects, mind you - that those Do-Si-Dos might be wired to explode.

J Diddy 02-05-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9379294)
They are citizens who have a right to due process, whether or not the government suspects - suspects, mind you - that those Do-Si-Dos might be wired to explode.

Hmmm. Please tell, captain smart mother****er, how that is different than the civil war? We sure as shit shot some American citizens then, however, I sure did miss that due process.

KILLER_CLOWN 02-05-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9379301)
Hmmm. Please tell, captain smart mother****er, how that is different than the civil war? We sure as shit shot some American citizens then, however, I sure did miss that due process.

That is an entirely different beast there, I don't think we're planning on another one are we?