ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jermichael Finley as our TE would be nice. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269930)

Count Alex's Losses 02-11-2013 05:03 PM

Jermichael Finley as our TE would be nice.
 
Dorsey would snap this guy up I bet.

Jermichael Finley Uncertain About Future With Green Bay Packers

http://www.onlinesportsbookpro.com/f...n-bay-packers/

Quote:

Heading into the off-season, the Green Bay Packers are on the verge of a drastic changes with the team planning on letting a few of their best players potentially hit the free agent market in March. The Packers appear content with letting these players go with promising young players coming up in the organization.

One of the players will most likely be on their way out of Green Bay is tight end Jermichael Finley. Although considered one of the best tight ends in the game last season catching a career-high eight touchdowns and quickly becoming one of Aaron Rodgers’ favorite targets in the end zone, Green Bay doesn’t seem intent on retaining the up-and-comer with Finley set to become a free agent next month.

Finley’s receiving yards may have improved by 100 yards with 776 in comparison to 676 in 2011, the tight end’s targets in the end zone dropped off considerably with only two touchdowns opposed to eight touchdowns last year.

One of the main reasons for Finley’s decreased value and lack of interest from Green Bay is his inability to catch passes consistently. Although Finley may still have a promising career in the NFL, the consensus appears to be that he’ll be playing for another team next season.

Along with Finley on his way out of Green Bay, the Packers will likely also part ways with two-time Pro Bowler Greg Jennings. The team will build around up-and-comers James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb rather than signing Jennings long-term.

It remains uncertain moving forward what the interest will be in Finley on the open market. At 25-years old and the league starting to see a rise in Pro Bowl caliber players at the tight end position, Finley will definitely have some takers, but probably won’t be paid the amount desired.

Scrawny Armed Alex Smith 02-11-2013 05:08 PM

sounds expensive. Get it done Andy Dorsey

Sorter 02-11-2013 05:09 PM

Can't catch and ripped on Rodgers. No thanks.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 05:12 PM

I'm telling you, all Packers fans do is talk about how much they hate this guy and how much he drops passes. He's basically Tony Moeaki (maybe worse?) w/ a great QB throwing him the ball.

Easy 6 02-11-2013 05:16 PM

If he has trouble hanging on to a Rodgers ball, i dont like his chances here at all.

Draft a guy or pick someone up in FA... or, go with the idea i put forth a while back and transition Baldwin, he has the frame to add another ten pounds or so, put him through a blocking clinic in camp and voila... pass catching tight end.

Chocolate Hog 02-11-2013 05:20 PM

No.

Count Alex's Losses 02-11-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9394512)
Draft a guy or pick someone up in FA... or, go with the idea i put forth a while back and transition Baldwin, he has the frame to add another ten pounds or so, put him through a blocking clinic in camp and voila... pass catching tight end.

Do you really think adding 10 pounds is going to help Baldwin get separation?

Just because you're a TE doesn't mean you don't need to get separation from defenders.

OnTheWarpath58 02-11-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9394502)
I'm telling you, all Packers fans do is talk about how much they hate this guy and how much he drops passes. He's basically Tony Moeaki (maybe worse?) w/ a great QB throwing him the ball.

ROFL

KC Tattoo 02-11-2013 05:31 PM

We need to draft our next HOFTE with our #1 pick.

Dicky McElephant 02-11-2013 05:32 PM

No way in hell. Tons of talent.....to stupid to utilize it.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394553)
ROFL

I really don't think it's that crazy of an assumption...Put Moeaki in Rodgers offense and you don't think he could put up Finley's numbers?

OnTheWarpath58 02-11-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9394566)
I really don't think it's that crazy of an assumption...Put Moeaki in Rodgers offense and you don't think he could put up Finley's numbers?

WTF has Moeaki accomplished at ANY level that leads you to this opinion?

Man, the love for JAG's on this forum is out of ****ing control.

Easy 6 02-11-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9394525)
Do you really think adding 10 pounds is going to help Baldwin get separation?

Just because you're a TE doesn't mean you don't need to get separation from defenders.

No one mistakes Baldwin for fast, but i dont think he's so slow that he cant threaten a lot of backers and safeties, and that position has as much to do with using your frame to shield the ball to make a play on it as it does just flat out beating them in a foot race.

Crazier things have happened, a lot of people swore up and down that Hali could never play OLB, didnt have the speed... i have to believe its atleast possible.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394571)
WTF has Moeaki accomplished at ANY level that leads you to this opinion?

Man, the love for JAG's on this forum is out of ****ing control.

Moeaki is a very talented pass catching TE and a decent blocker to boot. Yeah, he's been hurt his whole career, but that doesn't take away from what I've seen when he's actually on the field.

I think you're misunderstanding me though. I'm not trying to hype up Moeaki by any means. I'm saying that Finley is a mediocre tight end who's stats have been inflated because of the guy throwing him the ball. I mean, look at what happened to Dallas Clark after Peyton Manning disappeared from Indy. I've watched a lot of Jermichael Finley. He's never a guy that has jumped out at me.

Dicky McElephant 02-11-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9394512)
If he has trouble hanging on to a Rodgers ball, i dont like his chances here at all.

Draft a guy or pick someone up in FA... or, go with the idea i put forth a while back and transition Baldwin, he has the frame to add another ten pounds or so, put him through a blocking clinic in camp and voila... pass catching tight end.

Baldwin to TE?

:facepalm:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.