ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Gun grabbing hits the heartland. Missouri House Bill 545 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270000)

pr_capone 02-13-2013 08:36 PM

Gun grabbing hits the heartland. Missouri House Bill 545
 
http://www.nraila.org/media/10886389/mo_hb_545.pdf

There is no grandfathering. So much for the... this won't affect law abiding gun owners, right?

Quote:

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession
66 of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective
67 date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
68 (1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of
69 Missouri;
70 (2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
71 (3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law
72 enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
73 5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an
74 assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

HonestChieffan 02-13-2013 08:43 PM

This will happen.

No

J Diddy 02-13-2013 08:44 PM

From what I see there is no movement on this bill and I doubt there will be. Or hell will be paid.

CrazyPhuD 02-13-2013 08:54 PM

LOL sounds like there are more than a few democrats who really don't want to get elected.

But honestly even from a democrats point of view the gun control debate is stupid strategy. It places EVERY swing state in play because it is a single issue vote for some people. You risk getting anyone who supports the policy in red or pink or even light blue states beaten and you will turn perception of those same states against you.

Plus...the policies as proposed have little to no positive impact on crime. Worst of all...absent a major change on the Supreme court most of the assault weapons bans and magazine capacity restrictions are going to get thrown out. Because they went TOO far with new restrictions.

In short you will have no impact on crime(that much is 110% certain), you are likely to get state gun control bills in effect before the shooting invalidated. AND it is almost certain to have a negative impact on the party as a whole politically!

Why again are the democrats pushing this? Do they want to be certain the congressional losses in 94 was due to the AWB? I could understand pushing this if it had any chance at all in reducing crime. But the science here is almost definitive. It will have no impact in the murder rate and no impact in the violent crime rate because 98+% of weapons used in crimes aren't assault weapons.....

But hey if you want to reinvigorate the right by being idiots that's your choice....Really dumb tactical move. But that's what you get from both parties since they are both filled with the most extreme of extremists.....

Frazod 02-13-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9401615)
LOL sounds like there are more than a few democrats who really don't want to get elected.

But honestly even from a democrats point of view the gun control debate is stupid strategy. It places EVERY swing state in play because it is a single issue vote for some people. You risk getting anyone who supports the policy in red or pink or even light blue states beaten and you will turn perception of those same states against you.

Plus...the policies as proposed have little to no positive impact on crime. Worst of all...absent a major change on the Supreme court most of the assault weapons bans and magazine capacity restrictions are going to get thrown out. Because they went TOO far with new restrictions.

In short you will have no impact on crime(that much is 110% certain), you are likely to get state gun control bills in effect before the shooting invalidated. AND it is almost certain to have a negative impact on the party as a whole politically!

Why again are the democrats pushing this? Do they want to be certain the congressional losses in 94 was due to the AWB? I could understand pushing this if it had any chance at all in reducing crime. But the science here is almost definitive. It will have no impact in the murder rate and no impact in the violent crime rate because 98+% of weapons used in crimes aren't assault weapons.....

But hey if you want to reinvigorate the right by being idiots that's your choice....Really dumb tactical move. But that's what you get from both parties since they are both filled with the most extreme of extremists.....

Every one of these lowlife ****s is from a St. Louis area district.

Dr. Gigglepants 02-13-2013 09:04 PM

This sucks. I received this email from NRAILA the other day. I thought about posting it here, but thought it was much ado about nothing, since I figured we had to be pretty safe here in MO.

I guess not. I've already contacted my senators and rep to tell them to stop it. Even though it's tame compared to this latest one.





Missouri: Bills Introduced to Restrict Your Gun Rights

Now that the 2013 session of the Missouri General Assembly has convened, your NRA-ILA has learned of some disturbing anti-gun bills that have been introduced. These bills are designed to infringe upon the rights of law-abiding citizens and would do nothing to address criminal activity.

Senate Bill 124, sponsored by state Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal (D-14), requires a parent or guardian to notify a school district, or the governing body of a private or charter school, that he or she owns a firearm within thirty days of enrolling the child in school or becoming the owner of a firearm. This legislation does nothing but require a parent or guardian to reveal private information of gun ownership and in no way would this requirement deter crime. SB 124 has been assigned to the Senate General Laws Committee.

House Bill 187, sponsored by state Representative Stacey Newman (D-87), would require all sales or transfers of firearms be processed through a licensed firearms dealer. This type of legislation is the first step in “universal registration” and clearly over-reaches and infringes on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Imagine a grandfather who wants to give a family shotgun to his twelve-year-old grandson having to conduct a criminal background check on his grandson before passing down the shotgun.

It is ALREADY a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person you know or should have known is not legally allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm. Further regulation is only infringing upon the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Missouri gun owners.

Gun control measures have proven time and time again to be useless at reducing violent crime rates. Criminals, by definition, have zero regard for the law. Criminals simply do not obey gun bans, register their firearms or comply with any gun control schemes. As a result, only law-abiding citizens will obey the law and be left defenseless. Anti-gun measures are successful at one thing only - encroaching on law-abiding citizens’ Second Amendment rights!

While these bills have not yet been scheduled for committee hearings, we ask that you contact your state Senator and state Representative TODAY and respectfully urge him or her to oppose SB 124 and HB 187 respectively.

KChiefer 02-13-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Imagine a grandfather who wants to give a family shotgun to his twelve-year-old grandson having to conduct a criminal background check on his grandson before passing down the shotgun.
This line is getting as old as gramps' shotgun.

Iowanian 02-13-2013 09:23 PM

In effort to aid this Missouri Law, I'd be pleased to meet any of you at the northern boarder and offer $.25 on the original dollar to help you cut your losses, and know that they'll be loved in a good home.

J Diddy 02-13-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9401673)
In effort to aid this Missouri Law, I'd be pleased to meet any of you at the northern boarder and offer $.25 on the original dollar to help you cut your losses, and know that they'll be loved in a good home.

LMAO

Iowanian 02-13-2013 09:49 PM

Hey, I'm here to help friends.

I just couldn't sleep at night knowing that these loving assault weapons might be put down in the pound, and knowing that I can give them a good home should provide their former owners comfort in the transition.

Don't let the man take your guns. Just don't, there is no need.

Don't think of it as selling your beloved guns at a financial loss, due to Cruela Obamaville....think of it as RE-Homing your weapons to a nice, comfortable humidity controlled environment where they will be appreciated. You can even come and visit them once in a while.

Count Zarth 02-13-2013 09:58 PM

They want to take away all the ****ing guns.

Believe it.

CrazyPhuD 02-13-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401716)
They want to take away all the ****ing guns.

Believe it.

What about the virgin guns? Will they still want those too?

FishingRod 02-14-2013 10:10 AM

Fear the evil Pistol Grip.

CoMoChief 02-14-2013 10:27 AM

Better buy your pairs of scissors before they're all sold out!

pr_capone 02-14-2013 02:40 PM

bump because this thread is better than R8ers thread.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.