ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Religion Tim Tebow supports gay-hating pastor (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270189)

Count Alex's Wins 02-19-2013 12:34 PM

Tim Tebow supports gay-hating pastor

He's a douche.

Agreeing to speak at intolerant church is Tebow's greatest sin

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...s-greatest-sin

Quote:

Tim Tebow is about to make the biggest mistake of his life.

Tebow has agreed to speak at a hateful Baptist preacher's church, an evangelical cretin named Robert Jeffress who does the work of the Lord sort of like Westboro Baptist in Topeka, Kan., does the work of the Lord.

Not at all.

Jeffress isn't as bad as Westboro. He doesn't send his flock to funerals of U.S. soldiers and have his sheep yell awful things like, "God hates pillowbiters." But he comes close. Too close. He believes, he has said, "It's a fact that [AIDS is] a gay disease so there's a reasonable reason to exclude gays from the military."

Jeffress is a bad guy. He says Jews and homosexuals are going to hell. He says the Catholic church is a satanic cult. He says Islam "is a religion that promotes pedophilia -- sex with children."

Mormons? They're going to hell, too, but Jeffress was willing to overlook that and promote Mitt Romney over Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election because Obama, Jeffress said, "is paving the way for the future reign of the Antichrist."

"I am not saying that President Obama is the Antichrist, I am not saying that at all," Jeffress said in November. "One reason I know he's not the Antichrist is the Antichrist is going to have much higher poll numbers when he comes."

Tim Tebow supports this man.

More than supports him, Tebow is going to throw his weight -- and it is considerable; we're talking about Tim Tebow for God's sake -- behind this preacher by speaking at his church in Dallas in April.

alpha_omega 02-19-2013 12:40 PM

This one actually hits the trifecta....football, religion and politics all in one story.

Bowser 02-19-2013 12:48 PM

Well, that's one way to try to force his release from the Jets.

cosmo20002 02-19-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9415620)
He's a douche.

Jeffress is a bad guy. He says Jews and homosexuals are going to hell. He says the Catholic church is a satanic cult. He says Islam "is a religion that promotes pedophilia -- sex with children."

Mormons? They're going to hell, too

Frankly, isn't this basic Christian belief probably held by any Christian preacher (and devout Christians, I suppose), especially the going to hell stuff? I suppose most don't say it so clearly though. But if belief in Christ, yadda, yadda, yadda is the one true path to heaven, aren't the rest of us necessarily going to hell, according to them?

KILLER_CLOWN 02-19-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9415672)
Frankly, isn't this basic Christian belief probably held by any Christian preacher (and devout Christians, I suppose), especially the going to hell stuff? I suppose most don't say it so clearly though. But if belief in Christ, yadda, yadda, yadda is the one true path to heaven, aren't the rest of us necessarily going to hell, according to them?

Yes. We aren't supposed to hate though, the last thing I want to do is hate on people that are going to hell for eternity. I would much rather pray they be counted worthy. ;)

blaise 02-19-2013 01:00 PM

He aligned himself with a divisive pastor? I guess that means he can still become President someday.

cosmo20002 02-19-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9415680)
Yes. We aren't supposed to hate though, the last thing I want to do is hate on people that are going to hell for eternity. I would much rather pray they be counted worthy. ;)

So for a Christian to say that Jews, Muslims, Mormons, Hindus, and several billion other people are going to hell--that is not exactly a controversial statement, correct? It's just basic Christianity as far as I know.

I just find it kind of funny that preachers like the one in the first post get a spotlight put on them when really, that "nice" preacher down the street or on TV (and their devout followers) pretty much feels the same way.

What the Phelps clan does at funerals is dispicable and the result of some very twisted thinking, but their basic views on gays and "non-Christians" is pretty much the same as any "Christian"--they are going to hell.

cosmo20002 02-19-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9415697)
He aligned himself with a divisive pastor? I guess that means he can still become President someday.

Which president hasn't? Billy Graham thinking that everyone who hasn't accepted Jesus as their lord and savior is going to hell seems kind of divisive to me.

threebag02 02-19-2013 01:05 PM

Tebow is hoping he's sporting a turtleneck.

threebag02 02-19-2013 01:06 PM

"time to trim back the excess and get to the meat of the problem"

Fish 02-19-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

"I am not saying that President Obama is the Antichrist, I am not saying that at all," Jeffress said in November. "One reason I know he's not the Antichrist is the Antichrist is going to have much higher poll numbers when he comes."
Obama. Worse than the Antichrist. LMAO.....

Cephalic Trauma 02-19-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9415672)

It's the ultimate form of arrogance perpetuated by a congregation of sheep.

KILLER_CLOWN 02-19-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9415723)
Obama. Worse than the Antichrist. LMAO.....

That is actually biblical, The antichrist will be loved by most.

Cephalic Trauma 02-19-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9415680)

You're going to hell, but I'll pray for you.

How thoughtful of you :rolleyes:

KILLER_CLOWN 02-19-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9415700)
So for a Christian to say that Jews, Muslims, Mormons, Hindus, and several billion other people are going to hell--that is not exactly a controversial statement, correct? It's just basic Christianity as far as I know.

I just find it kind of funny that preachers like the one in the first post get a spotlight put on them when really, that "nice" preacher down the street or on TV (and their devout followers) pretty much feels the same way.

What the Phelps clan does at funerals is dispicable and the result of some very twisted thinking, but their basic views on gays and "non-Christians" is pretty much the same as any "Christian"--they are going to hell.

I would say stating GOD Hates group x is showing you don't have the love of Christ. Also of note Jews, Muslims, etc believe every other group is destined for hell as well.