ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft QB measurements at the combine (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270285)

Fat Elvis 02-22-2013 01:53 PM

QB measurements at the combine
 
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/2...s-quarterbacks

Check 'em out at the link; I'm too lazy to format.

B14ckmon 02-22-2013 01:54 PM

Chiefs will draft Vandy sometime in the later rounds out of principle.

Dante84 02-22-2013 01:59 PM

Player School Height Weight Hand Size
Matt Barkley USC 6-3 227 10.08
Tyler Bray Tennessee 6-6 232 9.28
Colby Cameron Louisiana Tech 6-2 212 9.08
Zac Dysert Miami of Ohio 6-3 231 9.18
Mike Glennon N.C. State 6-7 225 9.58
Marqueis Gray Minnesota 6-3 240 9.78
Landry Jones Oklahoma 6-4 225 9.18
Collin Klein Kansas State 6-5 226 9.28
E.J. Manuel Florida State 6-5 237 10.38
Ryan Nassib Syracuse 6-2 227 10.18
Sean Renfree Duke 6-3 219 9.08
Matt Scott Arizona 6-2 213 9.08
Geno Smith West Virginia 6-2 218 9.28
Brad Sorensen Southern Utah 6-4 237
James Vandenberg Iowa 6-3 226 9.68
Tyler Wilson Arkansas 6-2 215

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 02:03 PM

Good day for Matt Barkley; huge hands and he measured firmly in the 'fine' height.

Everyone else was pretty expected. Geno's hands are a little smaller than I'd hoped; also lighter.

I really do wish that Barkley would've thrown at this thing.

And again, I know guys hate EJ Manuel, but damn he's a specimen. That's a perfect build, IMO.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9426026)
Good day for Matt Barkley; huge hands and he measured firmly in the 'fine' height.

Everyone else was pretty expected. Geno's hands are a little smaller than I'd hoped; also lighter.

I really do wish that Barkley would've thrown at this thing.

And again, I know guys hate EJ Manuel, but damn he's a specimen. That's a perfect build, IMO.

I'm surprised Wilson is actually THINNER than Smith.

O.city 02-22-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9426026)
Good day for Matt Barkley; huge hands and he measured firmly in the 'fine' height.

Everyone else was pretty expected. Geno's hands are a little smaller than I'd hoped; also lighter.

I really do wish that Barkley would've thrown at this thing.

And again, I know guys hate EJ Manuel, but damn he's a specimen. That's a perfect build, IMO.

Biggest thing with him, is that he goes back to your old accuracy grading scale.

-King- 02-22-2013 02:16 PM

Wow, Wilson went from 8" hands to not having hands at all.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 02:18 PM

Yeah, you wouldn't want to run a pure WC system with him. He's never going to be a really precise passer.

But if you could build a downfield passing game with some read-option elements in it, you could have a heck of a weapon. It would have to be an unconventional attack and he definitely has warts, but his accuracy will play, IMO.

He's one of those guys that you get in trouble by drafting high. So many talents and there are a lot of good things about him, but the two bad things are really the worst ones - accuracy and ability to pick up an offense. I don't know that he can/can't do it, but he hasn't been asked to yet so that's certainly a red flag.

saphojunkie 02-22-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9426060)
Wow, Wilson went from 8" hands to not having hands at all.

LMAO

O.city 02-22-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9426068)
Yeah, you wouldn't want to run a pure WC system with him. He's never going to be a really precise passer.

But if you could build a downfield passing game with some read-option elements in it, you could have a heck of a weapon. It would have to be an unconventional attack and he definitely has warts, but his accuracy will play, IMO.

He's one of those guys that you get in trouble by drafting high. So many talents and there are a lot of good things about him, but the two bad things are really the worst ones - accuracy and ability to pick up an offense. I don't know that he can/can't do it, but he hasn't been asked to yet so that's certainly a red flag.

I'm just not about non accurate QB's anymore after what we've seen the last few. I know you can't go to the opposite end of the spectrum and yes, he has some good tools, but man, he's got alot of rough edges too.


If Reid wants to run the system he's always ran, I'm not sure he has the accuracy to do it.

DeezNutz 02-22-2013 02:26 PM

Barkley is the single most undervalued QB in this draft. Such nonsense being thrown around about him being worth only a second-round grade.

Starts, system experience, intangibles, physical skill set...it's all there. Not going to be surprised at all if he's the Chiefs QB this fall.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426078)
I'm just not about non accurate QB's anymore after what we've seen the last few. I know you can't go to the opposite end of the spectrum and yes, he has some good tools, but man, he's got alot of rough edges too.


If Reid wants to run the system he's always ran, I'm not sure he has the accuracy to do it.

This is probably true.

Manuel's not a good fit for Reid's system as we know it. That said, the way he tweaked it for Vick (use your legs to create space downfield - bombs away) could certainly fit EJ.

We'd need to do a lot of work on the WR corp, though. Bowe is a good start, but we'd need a Harvin or Maclin to spread defenses downfield.

The simplest, safest answers are Geno, Barkley, Wilson (in that order, IMO); but an extremely ballsy alternative would be trading down with Philly, picking up another freak of nature like Floyd to play alongside Poe and grabbing Manuel.

I don't have the cajones to try it because that's the kind of boom/bust draft that could get you fired, but if it all worked out, it could be !@#$ing unbelievable.

saphojunkie 02-22-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9426084)
Barkley is the single most undervalued QB in this draft. Such nonsense being thrown around about him being worth only a second-round grade.

Starts, system experience, intangibles, physical skill set...it's all there. Not going to be surprised at all if he's the Chiefs QB this fall.

I know it's illogical, I really know that. But I just am sick at having another #7 USC quarterback named Matt.

I KNOW IT'S ILLOGICAL.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9426084)
Barkley is the single most undervalued QB in this draft. Such nonsense being thrown around about him being worth only a second-round grade.

Starts, system experience, intangibles, physical skill set...it's all there. Not going to be surprised at all if he's the Chiefs QB this fall.

I thought he was projected to go top 5 or 10 last year if he would have come out? Why did he fall?

Iowanian 02-22-2013 02:31 PM

If anyone this side of the CFL drafts James Vendenberg they should have their chromosome pairs counted and accredited physician.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.