ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Nat'l Security Virginia USA Imam preaching violent Jihad (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270337)

Pawnmower 02-23-2013 05:54 PM

Virginia USA Imam preaching violent Jihad

Guys name is Sheihk Shaker

Same guy who taught Anwar Al-Awlaki....

Same guy with connections to the Shoe Bomber & Fort Hood Shooter

"They already call you a terrorist, so you might as well be one!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RnkjM1jeMz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stonedstooge 02-23-2013 05:59 PM

DRONE STRIKE HIS ASS

Pawnmower 02-23-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9429497)
DRONE STRIKE HIS ASS

nah...

Deport him 1st

Dave Lane 02-23-2013 06:04 PM

As much as I hate all religious nuts, the Westboro nutbags included, they do seem to be impervious to criticism.

listopencil 02-23-2013 07:48 PM

A few things:

1)His message is not substantially different from that of any other fundamentalist.

2) At what point in the video, by time stamp, is the quote, "They already call you a terrorist, so you might as well be one!"?

3) Just like any other religious group: They can follow American law or be punished for breaking it. Their dogma is secondary to our Constitution.

Pawnmower 02-23-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9429833)
A few things:

1)His message is not substantially different from that of any other fundamentalist.

2) At what point in the video, by time stamp, is the quote, "They already call you a terrorist, so you might as well be one!"?

3) Just like any other religious group: They can follow American law or be punished for breaking it. Their dogma is secondary to our Constitution.

1) Yes it is. What other major fundamentalist group advises taking up ARMS when their 'honor and dignity" is attacked? What other fundamentalist religious group within the US has something like "jihad of the sword" which uses weapons/fear(of violence / subjugation)/force to spread the message?

2) around 4:00-4:15 or so, its not an exact quote...its a bit longer.... but please....tell me thats NOT exactly what he means....

3) Let's hope you are correct on this, that is what should happen...but there are plenty of fundamentalists that are fighting to make Sharia Law spread throughout the world into a global caliphate.....and for every one of those, theres a few of the 'moderates' who wouldn't mind....

listopencil 02-23-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9430114)
1) Yes it is. What other major fundamentalist group advises taking up ARMS when their 'honor and dignity" is attacked? What other fundamentalist religious group within the US has something like "jihad of the sword" which uses weapons/fear(of violence / subjugation)/force to spread the message?

You're mashing together separate parts of his speech.

Quote:

2) around 4:00-4:15 or so, its not an exact quote...its a bit longer.... but please....tell me thats NOT exactly what he means....
It's not a quote at all. It's not even a paraphrase.

Quote:

3) Let's hope you are correct on this, that is what should happen...but there are plenty of fundamentalists that are fighting to make Sharia Law spread throughout the world into a global caliphate.....and for every one of those, there's a few of the 'moderates' who wouldn't mind....
There are always fundamentalists trying to get their beliefs written into law. It sucks, but that's one of the disadvantages of the popular vote. Our equalizer is the Constitution. It's only effective if it is followed.

mnchiefsguy 02-23-2013 09:37 PM

Is he a US citizen? If he is, then he has his FA rights. Is here on a visa? If he is, he should be asked to leave the country immediately. If you cannot be a civil guest in our country, then you should leave.

Pawnmower 02-23-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9430258)
1) You're mashing together separate parts of his speech.

2)It's not a quote at all. It's not even a paraphrase.

3)There are always fundamentalists trying to get their beliefs written into law. It sucks, but that's one of the disadvantages of the popular vote. Our equalizer is the Constitution. It's only effective if it is followed.

1) you did not address what I said.....please tell me the other fundamentalist groups which you claim are very similar to Jihadis. I would honestly like to know, unless of course you're full of shit.

2) Again, it is a paraphrase....and again, you didnt address my point. If you don't think I am paraphrasing him correctly, PLEASE tell me what you think he means here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...M1jeMz8#t=233s <--click and listen for 30 seconds

Specifically when he says , [they call you terrorists......so make it worth it.....give them a run for their money, make this TITLE worth it]

What does that mean other than exactly what I said? I mean I am open to an honest discussion of possible interpretations

3) I agree....no argument here....but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant and keep an eye on the news etc....After all, the ultimate defenders of the constitution are the people...

stevieray 02-23-2013 10:06 PM

don't worry, the resident God bashers will defend him, or least marginalize what he said.

listopencil 02-23-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9430488)
1) you did not address what I said.....please tell me the other fundamentalist groups which you claim are very similar to Jihadis. I would honestly like to know, unless of course you're full of shit.

OK. I'll take the easy one right off the top. Fundamentalist Christians in this country use the same rabble rousing technique that this buffoon did. They liken themselves to soldiers, they use combat analogies. They even...gasp!...raise money for terrorist activity in other countries. Nope, not full of shit. Just not a Christian apologist either.

Quote:

2) Again, it is a paraphrase....and again, you didnt address my point. If you don't think I am paraphrasing him correctly, PLEASE tell me what you think he means here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...M1jeMz8#t=233s <--click and listen for 30 seconds

Specifically when he says , [they may call you terrorists......so make it worth it.....give them a run for their money, make this TITLE worth it]

What does that mean other than exactly what I said? I mean I am open to an honest discussion of possible interpretations

I did listen to the whole video. Including that part. Like I said, you mushed together a few different points in his speech. I don't blame you. He's throwing out a lot of concepts to pander to his audience, and he's using a preacher's trick of speaking in a way that lets you hear what you want to hear. Notice that (in the middle of his rabble rousing) he said something like, "Be a good Muslim. Be a Muslim who spreads peace when peace is to be received. And be a Muslim who fights back when there is an attack..." Then he lists a bunch of things that, if attacked, a good Muslim would "defend." He didn't say, "Be a terrorist." He didn't say, "Go commit terrorism." He's basically telling his flock not to be afraid of upsetting people by openly practicing their faith.

listopencil 02-23-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9430525)
don't worry, the resident God bashers will defend him, or least marginalize what he said.

Don't you have a giant imaginary war to prepare for? Jesus is coming...look busy.

Pawnmower 02-23-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9430533)
words

I don't think you're being honest.

I can't really waste my time discussing things with you in a rational way if we can't even agree what some very simple words mean.

You never even answered my questions, and yet I answered yours.

Interacting with you in a rational way doesn't appear to have any reward or benefit to me.

Bye.

Hog Farmer 02-24-2013 06:47 AM

Give him tickets to a Raiders / Broncos game.

THEN Drone strike his ass !

scott free 02-24-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9430533)
OK. I'll take the easy one right off the top. Fundamentalist Christians in this country use the same rabble rousing technique that this buffoon did. They liken themselves to soldiers, they use combat analogies. They even...gasp!...raise money for terrorist activity in other countries. Nope, not full of shit. Just not a Christian apologist either.

Which Christian church or denomination is raising money to support violent uprisings in other countries?

Gonna need a link for that...