ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics GOP - has a huge demographic edge? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270347)

Prison Bitch 02-24-2013 10:31 AM

GOP - has a huge demographic edge?

GOP EDGE? MORE BABIES ON THE WAY
By: Mark LaRochelle
2/24/2013 06:10 AM

The GOP is demographically doomed unless it can win more of the Latino vote. That’s what this de facto amnesty is supposed to accomplish.

BUNK

As we have pointed out before, this approach backfired the last time it was tried, in 1986. It’s Democrats who face demographic extinction, due to the “fertility gap.”

In terms of fertility, “the GOP has a lead over the Democrats among white women and among younger women at all levels of income and education,” according to political scientist Eric Kaufman. And this “Republican fertility advantage,” he says, is growing.

Behind the Democrats’ “baby bust” is liberalism. As RedState.com reported, Arthur C. Brooks, president of the American Enterprise Institute, observed, “according to the 2004 General Social Survey, if you picked 100 unrelated politically liberal adults at random, you would find that they had, between them, 147 children.

“If you picked 100 conservatives, you would find 208 kids. That’s a ‘fertility gap’ of 41 percent.”

“The growing Republican fertility advantage largely derives from religion,” according to Kaufman. In his 2010 book, “Shall the Religious Inherit the Earth?: Demography and Politics in the Twenty-First Century,” Kaufman argues, “across denominations, the fertility advantage of religious fundamentalists of all colours is significant and growing. After 2020, their demographic weight will begin to tip the balance in the culture wars toward the conservative side, ramping up pressure on hot-button issues such as abortion. By the end of the century, three quarters of America may be anti-abortion.”.........

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/02/2...es-on-the-way/

Pitt Gorilla 02-24-2013 11:13 AM

Conservatives dont necessarily beget conservatives.

KChiefer 02-24-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

“the GOP has a lead over the Democrats...among younger women at all levels of income and education,”
wut?

BucEyedPea 02-24-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9431837)

Neither do progs beget progs. I grew up in a liberal Democrat home and all four of us became Republicans. It makes more sense. When you start a business, it changes your perspective.

There's also an argument I heard before, Democratic programs can make more Republicans if the people become successful. That can happen too.

Latinos may like the welfare state more BUT they're also socially conservative—pro-family.
Remember, a lot of them are Catholics.

Prison Bitch 02-24-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9431837)

Political preference of the parent is the #1 factor in predicting how the children will later identify. There's about an 80% likelihood you'll share your parents politics.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Mc1...litics&f=false

Prison Bitch 02-24-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9432077)
wut?

I believe he is claiming that GOP voters across all demos have more children than their Democrat counterparts. He is not saying there are more young GOP women than young Democrat women, only that they have more kids. Hope that helps.

KC native 02-24-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9432117)
Neither do progs beget progs. I grew up in a liberal Democrat home and all four of us became Republicans. It makes more sense. When you start a business, it changes your perspective.

There's also an argument I heard before, Democratic programs can make more Republicans if the people become successful. That can happen too.

Latinos may like the welfare state more BUT they're also socially conservative—pro-family.
Remember, a lot of them are Catholics.

JFC how long are you going to keep trying to act like Latinos are going to support the gop simply due to them being catholic?

Latinos won't support the gop, because they know it is the party of the rich. They also hear all the rhetoric about deportation and other racist screeds coming from the gop.

Unless the gop has a radical shift in attitudes, they will not be gaining wide support from Latinos.

Bowser 02-24-2013 12:57 PM

I'm not sure if Prima Nocte is an effective political strategy.

Prison Bitch 02-24-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9432282)

Nay is aborting your future base.

King_Chief_Fan 02-24-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9432251)
Political preference of the parent is the #1 factor in predicting how the children will later identify. There's about an 80% likelihood you'll share your parents politics.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Mc1...litics&f=false

my girls:
God forgiven/saved Christians
Chiefs Fans
Steak eaters
Republicans

wonder where they got that from?

Bowser 02-24-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9432758)

Future generations are being aborted?

BucEyedPea 02-24-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9432758)

LMAO

BucEyedPea 02-24-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9432774)
my girls:
God forgiven/saved Christians
Chiefs Fans
Steak eaters
Republicans

wonder where they got that from?

My daughter:

Searching Spiritually
Panther Fan ( Not I )
Sushi Eater ( not I)
Ron Paul fan
Limited Govt Originalist Constitutionalist
Austrian Economics
Creative Artist

KChiefer 02-24-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9432282)

Romania agrees.

|Zach| 02-24-2013 04:16 PM

Game changer.