ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Draft Planet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Joeckel vs. Fisher (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270639)

ChiefRocka 03-02-2013 07:14 AM

Joeckel vs. Fisher
 
Assuming we go LT to free up that cap space. In my humble opinion Joeckel anchors better but loses leverage in pass pro above the waist. His feet and awareness are impressive. Fisher plays with much more upper body strength and is a true mauler in the run game. Has a much tougher demeanor and appears to try harder. Now is this because he has to in order to make up for his technical flaws and lack of superior foot speed??

Either way it's 1 and 1a between the two but right now I'm liking Joeckel if we run a true Andy Reid pass happy offense and Fisher if we play off our existing run game strength.

Hog Farmer 03-02-2013 11:45 AM

Either is Ok. I think they will take Fisher though. Mayock says the Johnson kid is right there with them.

chiefscafan 03-02-2013 11:53 AM

Erich fisher for me I think he is gonna be great. I still sign Albert and trade down get multiple picks this year and next :)

redsurfer11 03-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9456605)
Assuming we go LT to free up that cap space. In my humble opinion Joeckel anchors better but loses leverage in pass pro above the waist. His feet and awareness are impressive. Fisher plays with much more upper body strength and is a true mauler in the run game. Has a much tougher demeanor and appears to try harder. Now is this because he has to in order to make up for his technical flaws and lack of superior foot speed??

Either way it's 1 and 1a between the two but right now I'm liking Joeckel if we run a true Andy Reid pass happy offense and Fisher if we play off our existing run game strength.

Both of these players are Excellent and deserve to fight over the #1 Pick. I give the edge to Joeckel. His game films are remarkable. Have any of you taken the time to look at them?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 12:38 PM

I'd take Fisher.

I've taken an extensive look at Fisher and at Joeckel in lengthy threads, which include ample clips.

Feel free to peruse them and decide for yourself.

Long story short: Fisher's more athletic and quicker. I'd go with him.

Hog Farmer 03-03-2013 09:54 AM

Here's the question that bothers me. If we sign Albert is there any need at all to sign a tackle. Albert has stated he does not want to be a guard. We have a developing beast at right tackle already. Can we move Asomough to guard and put Fisher at right tackle ? Or could we just make Fisher Left guard and have a beast of a line for Charles to run behind.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9456605)
Assuming we go LT to free up that cap space. In my humble opinion Joeckel anchors better but loses leverage in pass pro above the waist. His feet and awareness are impressive. Fisher plays with much more upper body strength and is a true mauler in the run game. Has a much tougher demeanor and appears to try harder. Now is this because he has to in order to make up for his technical flaws and lack of superior foot speed??

Either way it's 1 and 1a between the two but right now I'm liking Joeckel if we run a true Andy Reid pass happy offense and Fisher if we play off our existing run game strength.

Why would you favor Joekel in the Reid pass happy offense when you just said he loses leverage in pass protection? Not trying to be argumentative here just sayin.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457103)
I'd take Fisher.

I've taken an extensive look at Fisher and at Joeckel in lengthy threads, which include ample clips.

Feel free to peruse them and decide for yourself.

Long story short: Fisher's more athletic and quicker. I'd go with him.

AND another difference is that if you hit Luke too hard he will cry and if you hit Eric harder he will just smile and say "F you bring it on bitch" !!!

Blue collar vs Silver spoon and I will take blue collar every time especially when playing the line.

Direckshun 03-03-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9459902)
Here's the question that bothers me. If we sign Albert is there any need at all to sign a tackle. Albert has stated he does not want to be a guard. We have a developing beast at right tackle already. Can we move Asomough to guard and put Fisher at right tackle ? Or could we just make Fisher Left guard and have a beast of a line for Charles to run behind.

If we resign Albert, we will be three deep at tackle, and all three of them are pretty good relative to their peers. Albert is a good left tackle, Winston a good right tackle, and Stephenson a quality backup.

There's no need to draft a tackle.

ChiefRocka 03-03-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9459973)
Why would you favor Joekel in the Reid pass happy offense when you just said he loses leverage in pass protection? Not trying to be argumentative here just sayin.

He holds up well in the passing game because he is always in the right position. Like I said earlier though, he is not a man handler (ala Sean Smith).

Tribal Warfare 03-04-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457103)
I'd take Fisher.


Fisher's more athletic and quicker. I'd go with him.

I concur

Saccopoo 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Go **** yourself OP.

That we would take a OT after picking Stephenson and Allen in the third and second round respectively, and signing Winston last free agency, that is the dumbest **** thing anyone has ever said.

And that we've now franchised Albert to go along with all the rest of that shit...

jesus stop dancing christ...

ChiefRocka 03-06-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9466080)
Go **** yourself OP.

That we would take a OT after picking Stephenson and Allen in the third and second round respectively, and signing Winston last free agency, that is the dumbest **** thing anyone has ever said.

And that we've now franchised Albert to go along with all the rest of that shit...

jesus stop dancing christ...

The OP was made before we tagged Albert you Saccoshit!

Geno still your #1 backup QB?

DJ's left nut 03-06-2013 07:04 PM

Lane Johnson

buddha 03-07-2013 10:10 AM

What I like about Luke Joeckel is his incredible base, balance and it's very tough to get around him. What I don't like is that hard bull rushes rock his world. He's not overly stout.

I think his weak points could be corrected in time. I think he'll be good to very good in the NFL in time. I am not sure he will ever be elite.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.