ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Draft Planet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pest's "Best of a Worse Case Scenario" Mock (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271391)

Pestilence 03-22-2013 09:50 AM

Pest's "Best of a Worse Case Scenario" Mock
 
The Chiefs receive 3rd and 6th round comp picks (FACT).

The Chiefs trade Brandon Albert to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick in 2013 and a 3rd round pick in 2014. (ASSUMPTION)

The Chiefs trade their 1st round pick (#1) to the Bills for their 1st round (#8), 2nd round (#41) and their 2nd round pick in 2014. The Bills draft Geno Smith.

1. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - LT is a glaring need now....thanks Alex Smith. Johnson has the highest ceiling of the top 3 LTs in this draft. I think the Chiefs would rather trade down and get a LT than stay put at 1.1 and draft one. Johnson starts day one and Allen moves to RT.

2. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU - Even after the DeVito signing.....we still don't have a ton of quality depth at the DE position. Jackson is more than likely gone after this season.

2. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford - Moeaki is an unknown.....still. Fasano and Ertz give Alex Smith his security blankets.

3. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida

3. Barrett Jones, C, Alabama

4. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State

5. Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

6. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio

6. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State

7. Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame

Direckshun 03-22-2013 10:26 AM

Other than I think Jenkins is going in the 3rd or 4th, pretty solid.

Direckshun 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

QB: Smith, Daniel, Dysert
RB: Charles, Gray, Droughn, Riddick
FB: D'Imperio

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Avery, McCluster, Stills
TE: Moeaki, Fasano, Ertz

LT: Johnson, Stephenson
LG: Hudson, Schwartz
C: Jones, Hudson
RG: Asamoah, Schwartz
RT: Allen, Stephenson

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Hunt

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Bostic, Sturdivant
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OLB: Houston, Jenkins

CB: Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Arenas, Menzie
S: Berry, Thomas, Abdullah, Lewis

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

keg in kc 03-22-2013 12:26 PM

If this is a 'best case' scenario, I need to be put on suicide watch for the next month.

Pestilence 03-22-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9521105)
If this is a 'best case' scenario, I need to be put on suicide watch for the next month.

Worst case is trading Albert, not trading down and taking Joeckel with the #1 pick.

jd1020 03-22-2013 01:33 PM

If trading down to #8 only nets us two 2nd round picks and only 1 this year I'll be extremely disappointed.

Sfeihc 03-22-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9521108)
Worst case is trading Albert, not trading down and taking Joeckel with the #1 pick.

I like this mock very much. Well done.

kcbubb 03-22-2013 03:58 PM

Replace the Jones pick with a QB, say Tyler Bray and the TE with a WR, say Hunter and I would be happy. I think QB and WR are a bigger priority than TE & C. Pick those positions later.

DTLB58 03-22-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520586)
The Chiefs receive 3rd and 6th round comp picks (FACT).

The Chiefs trade Brandon Albert to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick in 2013 and a 3rd round pick in 2014. (ASSUMPTION)

The Chiefs trade their 1st round pick (#1) to the Bills for their 1st round (#8), 2nd round (#41) and their 2nd round pick in 2014. The Bills draft Geno Smith.

1. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - LT is a glaring need now....thanks Alex Smith. Johnson has the highest ceiling of the top 3 LTs in this draft. I think the Chiefs would rather trade down and get a LT than stay put at 1.1 and draft one. Johnson starts day one and Allen moves to RT.

2. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU - Even after the DeVito signing.....we still don't have a ton of quality depth at the DE position. Jackson is more than likely gone after this season.

2. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford - Moeaki is an unknown.....still. Fasano and Ertz give Alex Smith his security blankets.

3. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida

3. Barrett Jones, C, Alabama

4. Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State

5. Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

6. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio

6. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State

7. Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame

I love this except the RB pick.

The TE would again signify this regime didn't pick Moeaki and he hasn't done anything but get hurt.

We DO need another OC. People don't realize, Hudson may not be ready for the start of the season. We need quality guys that may have to play right away.

I would love to have three new QB's to start the season. Bye Ricky, you can lose that number.

Yes, we need a starting ILB. No brainier.

And Andy loves him some speed @ WR.

Play makers and needs filled. Awesome. But what do I know. :thumb:

DTLB58 03-22-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9520739)
QB: Smith, Daniel, Dysert
RB: Charles, Gray, Droughn, Riddick
FB: D'Imperio

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, Avery, McCluster, Stills
TE: Moeaki, Fasano, Ertz

LT: Johnson, Stephenson
LG: Hudson, Schwartz
C: Jones, Hudson
RG: Asamoah, Schwartz
RT: Allen, Stephenson

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Hunt

OLB: Hali, Jones
ILB: Bostic, Sturdivant
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OLB: Houston, Jenkins

CB: Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Arenas, Menzie
S: Berry, Thomas, Abdullah, Lewis

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

Ah, I see what you did there with Hudson.
This would be a major upgrade of a team for week 1 2013, than 2012. :thumb:

Chiefshrink 03-22-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9521108)
Worst case is trading Albert, not trading down and taking Joeckel with the #1 pick.

Yep ! Good Job on this !:thumb:

Mr_Tomahawk 03-24-2013 07:09 AM

Best realistic mock yet. I like stills, bostic, and Thomas.


I could get behind this. I like Dysert if we can snag him that late. He is a big bodied pocket passer that could surprise people....

Saccopoo 03-24-2013 12:24 PM

If the Chiefs ended up with Barrett Jones, Jon Bostic and Phillip Thomas out of this draft, I'd be very happy. Stills and Dysert would be excellent, though I don't think Dysert falls that far.

I'm not sold on Hunt. He's pretty stiff laterally, still pretty raw in terms of experience and I think he's going to take time adjusting to pulls and doubles by NFL guards/tackles. That being said, you can't help but noticed his freakish strength and speed at his size.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-24-2013 12:39 PM

I want pest in the war room...

LoneWolf 03-24-2013 01:02 PM

Pretty solid mock. Not sure they need to draft a TE that high after signing Fasano, but Ertz would be good value at that point in the draft. Really like that you capped the draft off with a golden domer. Can never have too many of the good guys on the team.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.