Mike Florio's "I'm drunk" Mock Draft 3-24-13
It makes no sense to do mock drafts before free agency starts, even though everyone does. It makes somewhat less nonsense to do one two weeks into free agency, but things can still change until itís time for the first pick to be made.
Then again, it arguably makes no sense to do mock drafts at all, since itís inherently a crapshoot that gives the experts and those who think they are something to do.
Itís even more of a crapshoot in 2013.
But weíll shoot the crap anyway, since we havenít done it yet this year and plenty of you have been asking for us to do one.
Probably so that you can complain about how bad it is.
So complain away.
1. Chiefs: DE Dion Jordan, Oregon.
2. Jaguars: OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M.
3. Raiders: DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida.
4. Eagles: DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri.
5. Lions: CB Desmond Trufant, Washington.
6. Browns: DE Ziggy Ansah, BYU.
7. Cardinals: DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU.
8. Bills: QB Matt Barkley, USC.
9. Jets: CB Dee Milliner, Alabama.
10. Titans: OG Chance Warmack, Alabama.
11. Chargers: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan.
12. Dolphins: OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma.
13. Buccaneers: WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia.
14. Panthers: DT Star Lotulelei, Utah.
15. Saints: WR Keenan Allen, California.
16. Rams: OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina.
17. Steelers: RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama.
18. Cowboys: S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas.
19. Giants: DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State.
20. Bears: LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia.
21. Bengals: DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina.
22. Rams (from Redskins): OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama.
23. Vikings: QB Geno Smith, West Virginia.
24. Colts: WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee.
25. Vikings (from Seahawks): LB Manti Teío, Notre Dame.
26. Packers: TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame.
27. Texans: WR Deandre Hopkins, Clemson.
28. Broncos: S Matt Elam, Florida.
29. Patriots: CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State.
30. Falcons: DE Cornellius Carradine, Florida State.
31. 49ers: NT John Jenkins, Georgia.
32. Ravens: OT Kyle Long, Oregon.
I think Dion Jordan has the potential to be another DT.
If we're not taking a QB, why not? If Hali or Houston go down or suspended or whatever, we have zero pass rush.
Your justification is to provide insurance as a backup?
What the ****?
We cut Matt Cassel and the next team that signs him ends up taking Geno Smith?
Dion would be an excellent ****ing choice for the Chiefs. You can't have enough pass rush, and he is a dynamic player. I'd be thrilled if we drafted the dirty duck.
Hali's contract probably makes him a prime candidate in 2014 for "restructure or release."
If that happens, Dion Jordan is like a gold-plated insurance policy.
If we do it next offseason, it would free up 5.5 million for next year and 12 the year after.
Hali will be cut in 2015, when we are looking at 9 mill in cap savings.
We could also get into the post-june 1 cuts scenarios but, typically by then premiere free agents are off the board.
Pass Rushers and RBs. There is no such thing as "too many"
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.