ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football MMQB... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271644)

DTLB58 04-01-2013 12:09 AM

MMQB...

Interesting take on the QB signings and how it effects the draft possibly.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...g-quarterback/

Fritz88 04-01-2013 12:19 AM

Peter King is probably the worst football writer imo. He has zero dignity and would allow personal friendships to affect how he writes more than any other writer in sports.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 04-01-2013 12:39 AM

Peter King clearly called up Adam Teicher for help on writing this one.

Palmer to Arizona, Flynn to Oakland, still the same lineup of teams that possibly might want a QB.

Brilliance.

Exoter175 04-01-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9545168)
Peter King clearly called up Adam Teicher for help on writing this one.

Palmer to Arizona, Flynn to Oakland, still the same lineup of teams that possibly might want a QB.

Brilliance.

All teams that weren't drafting a first round QB going into the swapping.

What I"m curious about, however, is the whole Kolb to Buffalo deal, and how that hurts or helps us with the trade value and Geno, or perhaps they made the deal because they know something we don't?

RealSNR 04-01-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9545195)
All teams that weren't drafting a first round QB going into the swapping.

What I"m curious about, however, is the whole Kolb to Buffalo deal, and how that hurts or helps us with the trade value and Geno, or perhaps they made the deal because they know something we don't?

Possibly, but if Raggone thinks he gets a freebie of a season just because his team's in an awkward position to get a QB in the draft, he's got another thing coming.

Kolb + mid-round QB pick = failure. They're going to have to go get Geno or Barkley to make the Kolb signing reasonable.

Buddy Nix is in deep shitwater and always has been. Not drafting a 1st round quarterback is going to be the final nail in his coffin.

Deberg_1990 04-01-2013 06:26 AM

Interesting nugget in there from Gil Brandt:

And so what has all this information mining told Brandt about the 2013 draft?

"A totally unique draft,'' he said. "I don't think when we look at this draft five years from now that we'll have as many Pro Bowlers in the top 10 than you had in either of the last two drafts. Like, I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick -- and he was [eighth] last year. Here's how I'd put it: Between 11 and 50, there's a lot of good players. But they're very close between 11 and 50. And I'd say if you took the 45th player in 2013, he'd be slightly better than the 45th player in 2012. That's the strength of this draft -- the depth.''

BryanBusby 04-01-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9545292)
Interesting nugget in there from Gil Brandt:

And so what has all this information mining told Brandt about the 2013 draft?

"A totally unique draft,'' he said. "I don't think when we look at this draft five years from now that we'll have as many Pro Bowlers in the top 10 than you had in either of the last two drafts. Like, I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick -- and he was [eighth] last year. Here's how I'd put it: Between 11 and 50, there's a lot of good players. But they're very close between 11 and 50. And I'd say if you took the 45th player in 2013, he'd be slightly better than the 45th player in 2012. That's the strength of this draft -- the depth.''

Exactly that has been deeply discussed here, which is why a lot of us were ****ing pissed that Reid and Dorsey shipped off a high 2nd for tinyhands.

patteeu 04-01-2013 08:32 AM

"The tackle market at the top of the first round is going to be on fire."

Rausch 04-01-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9545455)
"The tackle market at the top of the first round is going to be on fire."

The trade down here is essential.

We could still get a baller at LT, land a 2nd to draft another G, and perhaps a high 4th to land our Punter of the future...

kepp 04-01-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9545489)
The trade down here is essential.

We could still get a baller at LT, land a 2nd to draft another G, and perhaps a high 4th to land our Punter of the future...

Better yet, we could trade that new 2nd round pick for a punter, and save our 4th for some type of OL project.

Rausch 04-01-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9545494)
Better yet, we could trade that new 2nd round pick for a punter, and save our 4th for some type of OL project.

Quit being stupid, there's no reason to waste a pick.

We go OL in the first three, punter at 4, and we can still land the best long snapper on YouTube in the 5th...

HemiEd 04-01-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9545502)

We go OL in the first three, punter at 4, and we can still land the best long snapper on YouTube in the 5th...

Did you totally ****ing forget the Tight End and Fullback positions?

Mav 04-01-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9545306)
Exactly that has been deeply discussed here, which is why a lot of us were ****ing pissed that Reid and Dorsey shipped off a high 2nd for tinyhands.

do some research. His hands are bigger than Kaepernicks. His hands are actually bigger than normal.

Colin Kaepernick

If Urban Myer's "spread option" offense doesn't translate easily to the NFL, what do we make of Chris Ault's "pistol" offense that Colin Kaepernick ran at Nevada? Basically, nothing. It just means that he'll be a project wherever he ends up, and is a couple years away from starting for any team. Kaepernick was accurate with his throws, and may have put the most impressive zip on the ball (clocked at 59 mph) but when thinking of the sporadic fumble issues he had in college, one can't help but notice his hand length of 9.25" is actually smaller than Alex Smith's. Be warned.

For the record, alex smiths hand size, is 9 3/8 Kaeps, is 9.25

kepp 04-01-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9545502)

Not sure he'll last that long