ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Poop Incest Marriage? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271689)

Prison Bitch 04-02-2013 09:36 AM

Incest Marriage?

Irish incest couple plan to marry
They only found out after DNA test
By PATRICK COOPER,IrishCentral.com Staff Writer
Larger Text PrintE-mailNewsletter 15 Comments

An Irish couple, who recently found out they were siblings, will be getting married this month.

An Irish incest couple, who never knew they shared the same father when they met, plan to get married later this month.

They already have a child together after meeting in a nightclub and falling in love.

The man known only as James, never knew his real biological father and says he was prevented from finding out by authorities.

"The way I see it, if the system can know about things and hide the facts, then I can do the same they turned a blind eye and so can we," the man, told the Irish Mail.

It is forbidden in Irish law for siblings to marry each other.

"People can criticize and say it is not right, but they should say the same about what was done to me in the family law courts."James said.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Iri...#ixzz2PJhbdIAJ
Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook

cosmo20002 04-02-2013 09:48 AM

Cool.

/Kentucky

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 09:53 AM

Icky.

However, how could he have possibly known is was his sister if he was not allowed to find out who his father was?

Dave Lane 04-02-2013 09:54 AM

No problem /Old Testament

patteeu 04-02-2013 10:55 AM

No problem /Equal protection hacks

Mr. Kotter 04-02-2013 10:59 AM

We'll wait a decade or two before we see that slippery-slope becomes "trendy." But, yeah, it's coming too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9548882)
No problem /Old Testament

Next up, "age of consent" laws...and then Pedaphiliaphobia to beat down 'intolerance.'

All aboard!!!

loochy 04-02-2013 11:03 AM

Sooo, is she hot?

Amnorix 04-02-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9549051)
We'll wait a decade or two before we see that slippery-slope becomes "trendy." But, yeah, it's coming too.

Next up, "age of consent" laws...and then Pedaphiliaphobia to persecute 'intolerance.'

All aboard!!!

Uhh, no. Incest and pedophilia won't be allowed anytime soon.

Homosexual relations are between two consenting adults and the state has absolutely no REAL reason to prohibit them. That's obviously and starkly not true for the other two categories.

gblowfish 04-02-2013 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
People in outer space are sick ****s!

KC_Lee 04-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9549067)

Homosexual relations are between two consenting adults and the state has absolutely no REAL reason to prohibit them. That's obviously and starkly not true for the other two categories.

How about bigamy or polygamy?

Multiple consenting adults vs. two consenting adults, if we can define marriage as something other than a one man & one woman can it not be defined as more than one person & one person?

I ask from a legal, and not a moral or religious, stand point.

loochy 04-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

incest might be between two consenting adults

what happened to being open to new ideas and viewpoints?

if you aren't for incest you are just a closed minded bigot.

Mr. Kotter 04-02-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Your antiquated and bigoted opinion is noted. Thanks for playing.

BIGOT!

blaise 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9549046)
No problem /Equal protection hacks

It'll never happen. Not trendy enough for Hollywood.

Ebolapox 04-02-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9549116)
incest might be between two consenting adults

what happened to being open to new ideas and viewpoints?

if you aren't for incest you are just a closed minded bigot.

from a biological and evolutionary standpoint, there's a reason there's a taboo against incest--families tend to segregate and be heterozygous for the same lethal mutations (aka, it would be embryonically lethal OR highly deleterious if you had two copies). when close family members reproduce, the odds of those two alleles coming together in the offspring are VERY high, and lead to reduced fitness in the offspring. This is selected against and manifests in the societal pressure against having a child with close family.

Regardless of whether they're consenting or not, when incest occurs and offspring happen, it's BAD.

When two gay or lesbians get together, NO OFFSPRING occur WITHOUT A SURROGATE. Being gay or lesbian has NO REDUCED FITNESS biologically speaking.

pedophilia--yeah, we'll not go there. it's a societal taboo for different reasons than incest. However, (and DON'T take this as me defending pedophilia--I think it's very sickening) it wasn't always a societal taboo. see also: ancient greece and several other ancient cultures.

as for man/woman pedophilia, recall that we haven't always lived as long as we do now--we aren't THAT far removed from women getting married in their pre-teens. is it right? as one that was raised in THIS society with THESE social mores, I'm against it. however, being that we're all the products of the society in which we grow up, somebody from 500 years or so ago would have a COMPLETELY different vantage point.

patteeu 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

I don't think it's fair to say there's no real reason to limit marriage to opposite sex couples. I share your opinion that the reasons are weak and unpersuasive, but encouraging procreation and stable two-parent families by putting opposite sex marriages in a preferential place compared to alternative lifestyles (same sex, mulitple partner, bachelorhood, etc.) is a real reason.