ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Anyone an Earthlink subscriber? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271818)

Stewie 04-06-2013 11:06 AM

Anyone an Earthlink subscriber?
 
I'm switching to Earthlink on 4/13. I currently have ATT DSL and they just can't keep up. They just increased my rate to $48 for 5 Mbps service. That's unacceptable.

Earthlink uses Time Warner infrastructure and offers 10 Mbps for $29.95 for six months and then it goes to $41.95 after the promotional deal ends. That's the best I could find.

Any pros and cons would be welcomed.

SnakeXJones 04-06-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9561313)
I'm switching to Earthlink on 4/13. I currently have ATT DSL and they just can't keep up. They just increased my rate to $48 for 5 Mbps service. That's unacceptable.

Earthlink uses Time Warner infrastructure and offers 10 Mbps for $29.95 for six months and then it goes to $41.95 after the promotional deal ends. That's the best I could find.

Any pros and cons would be welcomed.

It is better then ATT but I got alot of downtime around midnight

Stewie 04-06-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 9561407)
It is better then ATT but I got alot of downtime around midnight

Hmm... I wonder why midnight? You'd think that would be a low usage time. I guess I'll find out, but the Earthlink deal beats ATT by a mile.

alpha_omega 04-06-2013 09:39 PM

Yep, have had EarthLink through TW for a long time now. 35/mo.

10 sounds about right. I'm never up at midnight so I can't verify what Snake reported.

All in all....satisfied.

morphius 04-06-2013 09:45 PM

might be when they do their maintenance on their servers.

BryanBusby 04-06-2013 10:51 PM

Just call AT&T and just negotiate a better rate. I never pay the base rate for Internet through them.

Strangest thing, I seem to get promotional offers from competitive services right around the time my promo prices generally end (I don't, but they buy it every time).

SnakeXJones 04-07-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9563312)
Yep, have had EarthLink through TW for a long time now. 35/mo.

10 sounds about right. I'm never up at midnight so I can't verify what Snake reported.

All in all....satisfied.

10 or 12 was about right i didnt have much problem with them though

Stewie 04-07-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9563527)
Just call AT&T and just negotiate a better rate. I never pay the base rate for Internet through them.

Strangest thing, I seem to get promotional offers from competitive services right around the time my promo prices generally end (I don't, but they buy it every time).

I would, but I don't get AT&T's advertised speeds. The best I get is about 4.5 Mbps. Too often it drops even lower and becomes frustrating.

BryanBusby 04-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9563914)
I would, but I don't get AT&T's advertised speeds. The best I get is about 4.5 Mbps. Too often it drops even lower and becomes frustrating.

Good enough reason.

Stewie 04-13-2013 09:18 AM

I'm up and running with Earthlink. Speeds as advertised (10 Mbps) and everything is golden. I'm curious if I'll have the late night issues as mentioned in previous posts.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.