ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Forbes: The Most Overpaid College Basketball Coaches 2013 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271907)

Lzen 04-09-2013 08:48 AM

Forbes: The Most Overpaid College Basketball Coaches 2013
 
Some recognizable names on this list. :p I wonder if they are rethinking Pitino now. Keep in mind this was published a month ago.


http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf4...king-too-much/

loochy 04-09-2013 08:50 AM

most overpaid college bball coaches - how about all of them?

Pasta Giant Meatball 04-09-2013 09:08 AM

These universities are made of money, so it's kind of dumb anyway.

okcchief 04-09-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9570710)
most overpaid college bball coaches - how about all of them?

This

COchief 04-09-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9570710)
most overpaid college bball coaches - how about all of them?

Ever hear about supply & demand? I find it absolutely laughable that this list includes both the NCAA championship coaches. Do you have any idea how much these universities get from the exposure, merchandise, recruiting boosts, and the bonuses from making the final four or bowl games in FB?

A national championship reverberates for decades for a university. Do you have any idea how many 7-12 year olds are now Michigan/Louisville fans because of that one tournament. I still pull for Michigan a little bit because when I was young the fab 5 was owning, and I have bought their merchandise, and I was cheering for them. I am just a casual fan, imagine the guys who really get into it? Their kids watch the games with them and they become fans and they buy the merchandise and everything else that goes along with it.

If paying a coach 5 mill gets you a NCAA championship appearance that will be well worth the risk of paying some no name who never does shit 500K-1mm.

Your view is extremely short sighted and frankly a bit childish. It's all risk vs reward. Did you think TB paid too much for Gruden? If RGIII wins multiple SBs will you think the Redskins paid too much to get him? Run the numbers sport!

There only appears to be 5-10 NCAA coaches that are worth their weight in gold, common sense would tell you that many people could coach a b-ball team very well for less money. However, history and simple math will tell you that is not the case.

loochy 04-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9571172)
Ever hear about supply & demand? I find it absolutely laughable that this list includes both the NCAA championship coaches. Do you have any idea how much these universities get from the exposure, merchandise, recruiting boosts, and the bonuses from making the final four or bowl games in FB?

A national championship reverberates for decades for a university. Do you have any idea how many 7-12 year olds are now Michigan/Louisville fans because of that one tournament. I still pull for Michigan a little bit because when I was young the fab 5 was owning, and I have bought their merchandise, and I was cheering for them. I am just a casual fan, imagine the guys who really get into it? Their kids watch the games with them and they become fans and they buy the merchandise and everything else that goes along with it.

If paying a coach 5 mill gets you a NCAA championship appearance that will be well worth the risk of paying some no name who never does shit 500K-1mm.

Your view is extremely short sighted and frankly a bit childish. It's all risk vs reward. Did you think TB paid too much for Gruden? If RGIII wins multiple SBs will you think the Redskins paid too much to get him? Run the numbers sport!

There only appears to be 5-10 NCAA coaches that are worth their weight in gold, common sense would tell you that many people could coach a b-ball team very well for less money. However, history and simple math will tell you that is not the case.

http://images.wikia.com/pvx/images/c/cf/Dont_TLDR.gif

Prison Bitch 04-09-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9570765)
These universities are made of money, so it's kind of dumb anyway.


You obviously have no clue how college sports programs are funded if you make comments like this.

SNR 04-09-2013 02:03 PM

How is Scott Drew NOT #1 on that list?

Pablo 04-09-2013 02:04 PM

Rick Barnes needs to be on that list.

Swanman 04-09-2013 03:23 PM

Bubbles Bruce is getting paid two full salaries for a couple more seasons so he should be on the list too. **** him.

Pasta Giant Meatball 04-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9571566)
You obviously have no clue how college sports programs are funded if you make comments like this.

Enlighten me LMAO Scholastic Einstein

There is more than enough coin to pay these ridiculous blowhards.

PackerinMo 04-09-2013 04:32 PM

Frank Haith should ****ing pay to coach.

jspchief 04-09-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9571566)
You obviously have no clue how college sports programs are funded if you make comments like this.

They are funded by the money the program generates.

lewdog 04-09-2013 04:51 PM

Why would you, after reading this list that contains two coaches who were in the championship game, even think about posting this?

Tribal Warfare 04-09-2013 04:58 PM

http://specials-images.forbes.com/im...kground=000000

" Did you drop your dildo"


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.