ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Hypothetical trade with the Raiders (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272057)

Fat Elvis 04-12-2013 09:24 PM

Hypothetical trade with the Raiders
 
Would you switch 1s with the Raiders this year in exchange for a switch of 1s next year?

Ebolapox 04-12-2013 09:27 PM

that's it? just a switch of first rounders? hell no. there are NO guarantees. what if disaster struck and everybody major on our team got injured and we finished WORST than they did? you just butt****ed our franchise by making said trade. you NEVER give somebody the chance to ream you like that. **** no.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-12-2013 09:32 PM

Wut

cdcox 04-12-2013 09:32 PM

Not sure if serious? Worst trade in the history of the NFL.

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:44 PM

If they would be dumb enough to do that trade, I'd do it.

The Raiders are gonna be garbage next year...possibly the worst team in football...we will be picking in the low teens to early 20s.

Who wouldn't want to trade 1:1 and 1:18 for 1:3 and 1:2?

RunKC 04-12-2013 09:45 PM

I agree with Boss here.

cdcox 04-12-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9582290)
If they would be dumb enough to do that trade, I'd do it.

The Raiders are gonna be garbage next year...possibly the worst team in football...we will be picking in the low teens to early 20s.

Who wouldn't want to trade 1:1 and 1:18 for 1:3 and 1:2?

Round_2014 = Round_2013-1

Time value of draft picks.

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9582298)
Round_2014 = Round_2013-1

Time value of draft picks.

I don't think that's entirely relevant here, though...as both of our picks would be devalued for the same reason.

If all we are talking about is swapping picks, this would be a clear "you guys are gonna be garbage next year and I'd love to have your first rounder" type of slap in the face trade.

From a "value to KC" perspective, I'd make that trade.

Id be shocked if Oakland is drafting outside of the top five next year. Look at their roster....on the flip side of the coin, it's gonna take a catastrophe for us to be drafting in the top ten.

I'd make the trade.

BossChief 04-12-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9582293)
I agree with Boss here.

Oops

I formally retract every comment I have made in this thread.

Can't win em all.

lcarus 04-12-2013 10:07 PM

In Madden, yes. In real life, nope. What if we ended up the worst team next year too for whatever reason? They'd get the top pick in 2 consecutive drafts. Just not worth it. What would we get out of that trade? A SHOT at a better pick than our own record gives us next year? **** that.

BossChief 04-12-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9582321)
In Madden, yes. In real life, nope. What if we ended up the worst team next year too for whatever reason? They'd get the top pick in 2 consecutive drafts. Just not worth it. What would we get out of that trade? A SHOT at a better pick than our own record gives us next year? **** that.

Dude, go look at Oaklands roster.

That team isn't drafting outside the top 5 next year.

Chiefaholic 04-12-2013 10:10 PM

Never trade with the Faid... Not an option unless they go full tard and give us unrealistic value.

lcarus 04-12-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9582328)
Dude, go look at Oaklands roster.

That team isn't drafting outside the top 5 next year.

Dude I agree. But this is the NFL. Even shitty teams can get lucky and go 8 and ****ing 8. It isn't like we're guaranteed to do well either.

BossChief 04-12-2013 10:19 PM

I doubt very highly that we don't get to 8-8 next year.

We don't have the Cassel "anchor" throwing/ fumbling the ball to the other team at a near record pace anymore.

Alex Smith isn't a world beater, but he won't lose games for us, either.

I'd bet almost anything that we have at least 7 wins next year and Oakland has less than 5.

Red And Yellow 04-12-2013 10:21 PM

I'll do this trade next year, not this year with the #1 pick you must be crazy....


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.